• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

2019 Recruiting Thread

It’s the same old thing. Edsall is operating without giving the recruiting services any info. And the services aren’t covering us anyway.

There is plenty of activity happening outside of any coverage. This will be a 20 person class by Feb and I think there is good chance it’s a better class than last year. Faster.
No early signing period this year?

Exit 4

This space for rent
I get that but it feels different. Like we are stashing guys in an effort to hide them. Likely just me
I think our recruiting targets have been clear except for QB and perhaps finding that extra ILB. All other positions have been rather public in the search, effort and offers.

QB is the one they are keeping the lid on...tight.

Less than before Oregon/VaTech etal got involved...
Makes sense.
Maybe the potential to play right away can entice him? When you go the JUCO route you can’t afford to sit or get meager minutes your first year out the shoot. I’m sure those teams have a need but I fathom he’d have to compete hard for a spot against incumbents who already know the system.
The playing time here is relatively guaranteed. I’m sure that’s what our coaches are selling.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Makes sense.
Maybe the potential to play right away can entice him? When you go the JUCO route you can’t afford to sit or get meager minutes your first year out the shoot. I’m sure those teams have a need but I fathom he’d have to compete hard for a spot against incumbents who already know the system.
The playing time here is relatively guaranteed. I’m sure that’s what our coaches are selling.
On 247 he’a already indicated that OREGON and VT are in the lead and it’s hard to imagine copter flying Mike Gundy isn’t in the same tip standing.

UPDATE: now he has a OU offer too!

Last edited: