2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 56 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Wow, I saw more blockers shed in these 4 minutes than I saw from the entire UConn defensive line in 12 games.
Priority recruit.. He can shine right away in our 4 man front on D.. Would be nice to scoop up Zouzoua as well.. We need all the help we can get up front right now.. We absolutely need 2 mature bodies now, not in next year's class...

Reaction Score
He’s trying a quick fix, ignore his rhetoric. There’s nothing wrong in this approach, just wish he would can the rhetoric about doing it the right way, getting student/athletes, etc.

Time out ... he ain't talking to you and I. A large part of this is recruiting the next big thing. He has to have the Dave Benedict stating this is the course and the pretty picture. Otherwise, how can you climb out of this deep hole.

Can HCRE evaluate and find the players. I say yes ... but I look sideways here and many say (even with the notion that he was excellent in the 2003-2008 period) he's lost his fastball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Clearwater Academy in Florida:
robert cefail @BobCefail 9 hours ago
First three days of recruiting season and three D1 teams (Uconn, Indiana & Syracuse) have already come down to visit our school and meet with some prospects for offers. Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M & many others came in May.

Potential targets:
*OG Dimitrios Gkountoudis (originally from Munich), UMass/Delaware State/Tennessee Tech offers
*DT Sio Nofoagatoto’a, Indiana commit w/9 other P5 offers (Rutty, BC, ‘Zona, ASU, UMD, NC State, Nebraska, UVA, WVU)

Reaction Score
Potential targets:
*S Jakeen Harris, NC State commit (P5 offers from BC, Minnesota, and UNC)
*DT Eric Hicks, UConn offeree (others of note: Rutty, Tulane, UCF)

I went looking as well and it seems I (we) missed Hicks along the way:

Eric D.Hicks, Jr.‏ @EricDHicksJr72 Sep 3
Thankful, I have received an offer from @UConnFootball. Many Thanks @coachz1336 @recruitgeorgia @BC_Football1902 @ESPNCoastal @SouthernPigskin @Mansell247 @ChadSimmons_ @TheBigGuyWJCL @DennisKnightSMN @xixnyne

Eric Hicks Jr is a 6-3 260lb DL/OL from Benedictine Military Academy in Savannah Georgia.. Other offers from ArkState, Army, CMU, Charlotte, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kent State, Liberty, ODU, Rutgers, South Alabama, Tulane, UCF, Wofford and WKU.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I went looking as well and it seems I (we) missed Hicks along the way:

Eric D.Hicks, Jr.‏ @EricDHicksJr72 Sep 3
Thankful, I have received an offer from @UConnFootball. Many Thanks @coachz1336 @recruitgeorgia @BC_Football1902 @ESPNCoastal @SouthernPigskin @Mansell247 @ChadSimmons_ @TheBigGuyWJCL @DennisKnightSMN @xixnyne

Eric Hicks Jr is a 6-3 260lb DL/OL from Benedictine Military Academy in Savannah Georgia.. Other offers from ArkState, Army, CMU, Charlotte, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Kent State, Liberty, ODU, Rutgers, South Alabama, Tulane, UCF, Wofford and WKU.

Highlights

Nice looking player for the interior. Quick perusal of his twitter activity suggests he's a UCF lean with interest in Wake Forest as well (not sure WF has offered).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LaRon Stokes - 6'4'' 245lb JUCO DE from NE Oklahoma A&M. Other offers include Tulsa, Colorado State, UH, ECU, UTEP and Kent State. The Tulsa, Colorado and UConn offers all coming in the last 12 hours.

For those clamoring to see a mans body which can flow to the ball and collide with power, enjoy this:
The Prodigy

LaRon Stokes 1G @LStokes35 30 minutes ago
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Oregon

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ILB Brayden Monday has Charlotte, ECU, Florida, FIU, Georgia State, NC State, and Tulane offers.
Dunn is a NC guy, wonder if he was the one that visited.

Reaction Score
@Exit 4 @huskymedic where is Crocker's territory besides South Jersey and how many kids has he pulled in?

Central/Southern NJ, Eastern PA (and CT when he was @ Nova).

Not sure what kids Crocker has been directly involved in (hard to tell specifically for a lot of the UConn Coaches).

Reaction Score
Central/Southern NJ, Eastern PA (and CT when he was @ Nova).

Not sure what kids Crocker has been directly involved in (hard to tell specifically for a lot of the UConn Coaches).
Well we know he isn't making himself seen at the Catholic HS in south Jersey. He's a ghost at schools like St. John Vianny and Red Bank Catholic among others down there. For a guy who's defense gives up 50+ points per game working for a HC that constantly states he needs better players those are 2 schools I'd DEFINITELY make myself well known at!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom