2019 Recruiting: Richie Springs OV Today (8/4) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Richie Springs OV Today (8/4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you know what caused him to fall in the rankings? When we first started getting involved with him last year he was ranked in the top 70 in his class now he’s 140? I know he looked good on circuit, doesn’t make sense to me.
He could’ve done better in EYBL which probably hurt him but I think a lot of sites will bump him up after his Peach Jam in which he was 2nd in rebounding. I also wouldn’t be surprised if seeing him eat up the glass in Peach Jam is what made Hurley and co. feel comfortable with his potential impact next year as a 2019.

Reaction Score
Do you know what caused him to fall in the rankings? When we first started getting involved with him last year he was ranked in the top 70 in his class now he’s 140? I know he looked good on circuit, doesn’t make sense to me.

This question has been answered. He played like garbage the first couple sessions. Played well in the 3rd + peach jam

Reaction Score
Any word how it’s goin? No announcement yet, no IG stories, nothing

Reaction Score
He doesn't have a wing skill set. Akok does. Springs has game 8-10 ft and in, facing the basket, but not much else. I haven't seen enough to know his defensive abilities

Here it is, summer doldrums, everybody wishing and hoping for good news, Chief Himself comes along spurting about growing bigger and love from other high level recruits, all on the Boneyard start getting excited, and you have to start bringing reality into the discussion?

Reaction Score
Excited about him if reports of a tough kid who can do the dirty work for us inside are true. I like those offensive rebounding numbers that were posted. At least it gives us a viable option and 5 more fouls in the center position at worst until he develops.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seeing a lot of Adrien comparisons...I don't disagree we need a guy like that, but just for comparison purposes keep in mind Adrien was somewhere around a top 50 recruit nationally, and got minutes as a freshman on a loaded UConn team who's entire front court got drafted in the 1st round (Gay, Boone, Hilton).

If Springs can come in and bang around the boards and play D, I'll be a huge boost.

Hoping he makes this official soon.

Reaction Score
A 6-7 “power forward” is turning into a 6-10 4/5 before our eyes this last year. I also think his upper body will develop well on a S&C program.
He’s still just 17 right?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Danny had been down the Jersey shore so the timing is a little surprising by a day, but the thrust aligns with what Chief has been posting. Danny is back to work with a bang - LOL. School starts soon.

Now will the casual fan skeptics believe Chief, when I posted months ago - we aren’t
EDD99D34-BCF8-443C-B97F-164905EC84CD.gif

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So no commitment?

Reaction Score
Commitments never get announced on Sunday. Usually Monday or Tuesday after a visit.

Reaction Score
He did but it's because he didn't play after signing with UConn

He plummeted in the consensus rankings because he was taken out of one of sites rankings.
Seeing a lot of Adrien comparisons...I don't disagree we need a guy like that, but just for comparison purposes keep in mind Adrien was somewhere around a top 50 recruit nationally, and got minutes as a freshman on a loaded UConn team who's entire front court got drafted in the 1st round (Gay, Boone, Hilton).

If Springs can come in and bang around the boards and play D, I'll be a huge boost.

Hoping he makes this official soon.

It makes even less sense when people are saying he's now 6'10. What was Jeff, 6'6?

C

Chief00

So no commitment?
[/QUOTE
Quite frankly, I never expected a commitment to be announced today, although some in NYC apparently did. Hoping for a big day tomorrow. I had a full day of personal stuff away from Hoops today and it was unclear to me if Danny was even in Storrs today.
Based on the urinal measurement?
You will have to take that up with Gavin.

C

Chief00

Can you direct us to the specific post where you said months ago that we were getting Springs?? We all knew recruiting wasn’t over, that’s not much of a revelation.
There are others who can search and list all my Springs posts - that’s a clerical task and not the best use of Chief’s time.
Additionally, that would not be how I would say it. But, for those more insightful than you, they would understand it.

C

Chief00

I think the casual fan gets jealous over your posts because you are correct so often.
A reality Chief lives with every day. I accept it because I recognize the truth you identified. Jealousy is a basic component of human nature, Chief has the wisdom to understand that . But, I still love the casual fans - UConn needs them to fill our buildings. Cuse fans on the other hand ......

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I think of Springs I think Mamadou just a smaller upper body and better knees. He’s a guy who’s strength is under the rim, something we need, but still lacks heights, something strength and conditioning can make up. Would love for him to turn into a junk yard dog like Jeff Adrien was. Not a tall big but still very productive.

Hope the visit goes well and we can move forward :)
Wingspan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro