2019 Recruiting: Richie Springs OV Today (8/4) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Richie Springs OV Today (8/4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Danny had been down the Jersey shore so the timing is a little surprising by a day, but the thrust aligns with what Chief has been posting. Danny is back to work with a bang - LOL. School starts soon.

Now will the casual fan skeptics believe Chief, when I posted months ago - we aren’t done.
Can you direct us to the specific post where you said months ago that we were getting Springs?? We all knew recruiting wasn’t over, that’s not much of a revelation.

Reaction Score
Here it is, a quality highly ranked 4 year player to add depth to our frontcourt this year. Lots of upside.

6'8, 6'9, 200-220lbs with a 6'10 wing span.

We just got better with Springs committing, giving us another more physical interior player.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Danny had been down the Jersey shore so the timing is a little surprising by a day, but the thrust aligns with what Chief has been posting. Danny is back to work with a bang - LOL. School starts soon.

Now will the casual fan skeptics believe Chief, when I posted months ago - we aren’t done.
You gotta admit, "We aren't done," is kinda vague.

C

Chief00

I said it was a two step process and that’s pretty specific along with numerous posts on Springs before and during his blow-up this summer and the reclass potential.
It’s a tremendous advantage when you have a guy on campus who is close friends with a number of top targets when they visit , as I have mention before.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Any good highlight videos of Richie out there? I’ve seen him a bunch in game but can’t find any highlight videos...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Watched some videos of Richie. Kid has done a lot of growing in the past two years. That rapid growth might explain why he's dropped recently in the ranks. I don't think he's fully adjusted to his body change. If he's projected to grow further as @Chief00 and @JMick have heard all the better.

I have expressed some concern about getting him. Not any longer. I think this kid is going to be special when he fully adjusts to his body. Great frame. Sal will do wonders with him.

His friendship with Bouk is an added benefit. Expect them to work to get other players. Hope he commits.

Reaction Score
Any good highlight videos of Richie out there? I’ve seen him a bunch in game but can’t find any highlight videos...
Dude, in the other thread Richard Springs Heading this Way, @UConnStats had some posted, like the 2nd post in or so. One of the best things about Richie is the versatility he has in his game, which these videos are a good sample.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not tryna make a new thread for this but I saw Paschal Chukwu out last night in Stamford. I hit him with a “Cuse sucks”, he laughed.
So proud of you...
I love you man.gif

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I said it was a two step process and that’s pretty specific along with numerous posts on Springs before and during his blow-up this summer and the reclass potential.
it’s a tremendous advantage when you have a guy on campus who is close friends with a number of top targets when they visit , as I have mention before.

BhcV.gif

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
When I think of Springs I think Mamadou just a smaller upper body and better knees. He’s a guy who’s strength is under the rim, something we need, but still lacks heights, something strength and conditioning can make up. Would love for him to turn into a junk yard dog like Jeff Adrien was. Not a tall big but still very productive.

Hope the visit goes well and we can move forward :)

I maintain that the last few years might look different with Mamadou healthy. He had the exact elements (toughness, rebounding, edge, etc.) that we sorely lacked up front.

If Springs can eventually give us what Yetna gives USF, we’re in good shape. Lock it up, Dan

Reaction Score

Chief your amazing. I think the casual fan gets jealous over your posts because you are correct so often.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anyone know when/if if they'll update class rankings? Would like to see how much we move with addition of Springs. Top 15?

Reaction Score
Anyone know when/if if they'll update class rankings? Would like to see how much we move with addition of Springs. Top 15?
Springs would bump us up from 22 to the 16-18 range on 247. This also doesn't inlcude RJ Cole so I'd consider it a top 15 class with him included.

Reaction Score
If we get Springs now... and let’s say Al comes back for 2020-21, then what positions do we fill in 2020 with the 2 available schollies ?

Reaction Score
I'm very late to the party here – you can always trust @BFieldHusky on these things, and he's already weighed in – but... ;)

We're set for 2019. Onto 2020.

If it comes down to 2 scholarships for 2020, who do we pursue the hardest out of Jackson, Thomas, and Omoruyi?

pj

Reaction Score
If it comes down to 2 scholarships for 2020, who do we pursue the hardest out of Jackson, Thomas, and Omoruyi?

Why not pursue all three as hard as possible? If it comes down to all three wanting to come and no scholarships opening up, then first two to commit.

C

Chief00

Watched some videos of Richie. Kid has done a lot of growing in the past two years. That rapid growth might explain why he's dropped recently in the ranks. I don't think he's fully adjusted to his body change. If he's projected to grow further as @Chief00 and @JMick have heard all the better.

I have expressed some concern about getting him. Not any longer. I think this kid is going to be special when he fully adjusts to his body. Great frame. Sal will do wonders with him.

His friendship with Bouk is an added benefit. Expect them to work to get other players. Hope he commits.
Agree on all counts and he’s not going to have the “highlight video wows” that James has due to his off the chart athleticism. We also need effectively players who may not be flashy and yes Chief likes 6-10 potential guys who don’t think it’s beneath them to rebound. We have had too many guys who don’t like to rebound.

Don’t worry Chief is not going to go into another First Night rant but I could LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom