2019 FIBA Americup | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2019 FIBA Americup

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou is really saying you haven't seen the real me yet, grateful for the opportunity to work on a team that gets her and having her wrist on the way back. What a great and great hearted player.
If Lou wasnt on Team USA and went straight to France I dont how she would be mentally for the transition. Staley has let her play and she knows her role. I know FIBA Americas is not WNBA. nor Euro League play. but there needed to be a confidence builder to get her back. She smiles a ton more now.
Thanks Dawn Staley and thanks to someone else who I cant really mention who I am pretty sure was also a big help.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Lou wasnt on Team USA and went straight to France I dont how she would be mentally for the transition. Staley has let her play and she knows her role. I know FIBA Americas is not WNBA. nor Euro League play. but there needed to be a confidence builder to get her back. She smiles a ton more now.
Thanks Dawn Staley and thanks to someone else who I cant really mention who I am pretty sure was also a big help.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For completeness. the final is at 5:30 on sunday and both semifinals and finals are still planned for ESPN+. I wonder if it may be moved to a free service like ESPN3 with US participation?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For completeness. the final is at 5:30 on sunday and both semifinals and finals are still planned for ESPN+. I wonder if it may be moved to a free service like ESPN3 with US participation?
No because it's ESPN and they want you to subscribe to ESPN+.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

My recollection is that the Recent Pan American games had a televised structure that the most important US games were on some free ESPN option while the rest of the games were ESPN+ (or maybe just ESPN3?)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I Succumbed and subscribed this week because I wanted to see ONO play. Serge is right. If you want to see the games, you’re going to have to pony up some cash. It’s worth it to me. I want to see ONO play, even if it's for only a few minutes.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I actually took the yearly package, on a deal they sent me for $39.99 for the year. I will get some NHL games, I think MLB games and various other sports. I took one month back in July when Lous sister Ksam44 was playing for GB. Not sure what Euro games I might get but I am sure I will get in 40 events over the year to make it $1 a game average.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I actually took the yearly package, on a deal they sent me for $39.99 for the year. I will get some NHL games, I think MLB games and various other sports. I took one month back in July when Lous sister Ksam44 was playing for GB. Not sure what Euro games I might get but I am sure I will get in 40 events over the year to make it $1 a game average.

Tried that route last year but my satellite broadband gave me alternately great pix and drive you crazy games. 200 mB Broadband would be great, but the flaw in this place is being stuck with Sat broadband and weather variables and is the evening upload of the local banking community to the mother ship drowning the speed,etc ad infinitum.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Tried that route last year but my satellite broadband gave me alternately great pix and drive you crazy games. 200 mB Broadband would be great, but the flaw in this place is being stuck with Sat broadband and weather variables and is the evening upload of the local banking community to the mother ship drowning the speed,etc ad infinitum.
I wouldnt have gone for the year package if I didnt get a good stream from my cable company. I tried various events back in July and all were fine.

Reaction Score
My recollection is that the Recent Pan American games had a televised structure that the most important US games were on some free ESPN option while the rest of the games were ESPN+ (or maybe just ESPN3?)

The Pan American Games are their own event with their own contract with ESPN. It was probably signed before ESPN+ even existed so they could not move any of it even if they wanted to do so. Almost the entire FIBA package has been on ESPN+ with only a few big games on one of the ESPN TV channels.

5:30

8:00

The United States is in the later game due to playing the hosts.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Pan American Games are their own event with their own contract with ESPN. It was probably signed before ESPN+ even existed so they could not move any of it even if they wanted to do so. Almost the entire FIBA package has been on ESPN+ with only a few big games on one of the ESPN TV channels.

The last Americup games were streamed online. But what's the point of online content if you can give ESPN more money?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Group stage accumulated stats.

Happy the UConn contingent has their fingerprints all over this tournament,

Interesting Pheesa has second best +/- even though I think based on other metrics that she is not having a great tournament so far

1569670990820.png

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's pretty balanced scoring. One player may be the leading scorer in one game and have an off-game after that, but her teammates pick up the slack.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Canada trails Brazil 28-26 at halftime and Aaliyah Edwards has not played, something I feared might happen in a close game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Canada finally pulling away up 9 with 1 minute left. Bad injury though with Kayla Alexander going out with what looks like a severe knee injury. That will hurt Canada badly in ,matching the US in the post.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Canada survived though has little to no chance to beat the US.

Edwards got in for about a minute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom