2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We have to show we'd b willing to pay for that type of coach here. Right now the answer is LMAO.
Well....with his buy out, he probably doesn't need the pay day. Depending on his contract, the pay for his next job may be taken out of his buyout.

So...money may not be an issue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bring him back, give him $999K, and hand over the reins of the offense.

Edict from the AD should be Edsall phone is on mute. No input on the offensive gameplan. Only listen to what Moorhead has in mind.

Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead's profile is 10x Edsall's profile right now, even after his firing. He'll be snapped up as a HC soon, but for next year, he's a likely candidate as an OC at a top 10 school.

Reaction Score
Well....with his buy out, he probably doesn't need the pay day. Depending on his contract, the pay for his next job may be taken out of his buyout.

So...money may not be an issue.
Joe Moorhead's profile is 10x Edsall's profile right now, even after his firing. He'll be snapped up as a HC soon, but for next year, he's a likely candidate as an OC at a top 10 school.

I think Moorhead to UConn is a pipe dream but a call to Andrew Breiner shouldn’t be out of the question.

Reaction Score
Would love to have him but he would not come here for a variety of reason and high on that list would be working for a RE. He knows he will not be able to showcase his talents with RE.

Reaction Score
This is the break we needed. We should absolutely do whatever it takes to get him back.
HCRE1.0 left in the middle of the night (while still under contract to UConn)to become HCREDreamJob1.0; UConn owes him nothing but what the contract says (fire him now with no payout); why not ditch HCRE2.0 in the middle of the night and get our DreamHeadCoach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Position coaching changes - the whirlwind seems to be at its peak the first two weeks of the new year every season.

Randy has to get Breiner. This is an interesting cross roads for AD David Benedict and Randy himself. What moves do they make in this opportunity?

We need an OC and a QB coach. I'm not going to bother talking about a HC change, it seems entirely unlikely.

Reaction Score

This is likely correct, but if we can find a decent amount of money to make him OC and heir apparent to Edsall we should certainly try. As for the "if he's coach in waiting what are we waiting for line," the answers are the first to occur of time or a good excuse.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is likely correct, but if we can find a decent amount of money to make him OC and heir apparent to Edsall we should certainly try. As for the "if he's coach in waiting what are we waiting for line," the answers are the first to occur of time or a good excuse.
This is the interesting conundrum for Edsall. Bring in Morehead (seems unlikely, but okay less contemplate) or young Breiner and you are bringing in two guys that have successful stints as former head coaches. Therefore, either one immediately becomes a defacto coach in waiting. If the presented the opportunity for either as OC, does Edsall pull at Diaco and pass?

Reaction Score
This is the interesting conundrum for Edsall. Bring in Morehead (seems unlikely, but okay less contemplate) or young Breiner and you are bringing in two guys that have successful stints as former head coaches. Therefore, either one immediately becomes a defacto coach in waiting. If the presented the opportunity for either as OC, does Edsall pull at Diaco and pass?

I think it's unlikely Morehead would come here as OC even if he had waited for years to work with our head coach. I hope I'm wrong. But it's also easy to see how without any history that sends the wrong message to everyone unless Edsall is being terminated, which I don't see happening.

Breiner, however, should happen the moment Morehead turns us down. Edsall's not going to be threatened as much by someone Breiner's age whose only prior head experience is at Fordham. Edsall knows he isn't here forever. He either turns this around in the time he promised Benedict, at which point he's mid-60s and looking for his endgame, or he fails and goes away. Breiner is a good guy to have on staff either way, and at his age and from the northeast would presumably be a reasonably priced option.

Reaction Score
hypothetically- if this happens. what happens to Guifre? Will he be happy to go back coaching strictly the OL? I’d really like to keep him on the staff.

As the defense counties to mature and improve, I hope that the offense opens it up a little more like Lashlee’s offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom