2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Breiner, however, should happen the moment Morehead turns us down. Edsall's not going to be threatened as much by someone Breiner's age whose only prior head experience is at Fordham.

Agree with all points, but I do think Breiner would have the core fans talking and talking and talking about the what if's at the end of the 2020 season.

Thing is, if Randy views himself as the guy to restore this program and get it to a sustainable place, then part of that picture has to be finding a Breiner in the next few short years. There is no one currently on the staff that really meets that definition .... at least from our limited point of view (ie we aren't in the locker room).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why the hell would Joe subject himself to working under Edsall for 500K when he can sit home and collect 3 million a year from MSU for sitting on his ***

He would still collect the $3M. It would be $2.5 from MSU and $500K from UConn. At least using your numbers.

Reaction Score
Why the hell would Joe subject himself to working under Edsall for 500K when he can sit home and collect 3 million a year from MSU for sitting on his ***
Why would anyone subject himself to working under Edsall?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Some of these posts are crazy. Why would Joe Moorhead come here to be OC/coach in waiting? You fire Edsall on his arse and come up with whatever money it takes to hire Moorhead.

Not every former head coach lands at a new head coaching job after being fired. Most of the time they spend one to three years as a coordinator again before getting another shot.

In the case of Moorhead, the chances he lands here as the new OC are extremely low. I don't think many of said otherwise. He'll get an opportunity at a P5 program to be an OC again in very short time. It would have to be pretty unique set of circumstances to lure him back to Storrs.

Anyway, I dont think AD David Benedict will dump loyal Randy. There will be no need to hit refresh 10k times like we all did during the Hurley sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
Not every former head coach lands at a new head coaching job after being fired. Most of the time they spend one to three years as a coordinator again before getting another shot.

In the case of Moorhead, the chances he lands here as the new OC are extremely low. I don't think many of said otherwise. He'll get an opportunity at a P5 program to be an OC again in very short time. It would have to be pretty unique set of circumstances to lure him back to Storrs.

Anyway, I dont think AD David Benedict will dump loyal Randy. There will be no need to hit refresh 10k times like we all did during the Hurley sweepstakes.
Loyal Randy? Is this a joke? It's hard to pick up sarcasm on a message board.

Unique set of circumstances? How about having a dinosaur laughingstock as a head coach who is overseeing arguably the worst program in America.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Unique set of circumstances? How about having a dinosaur laughingstock as a head coach who is overseeing arguably the worst program in America.

Its also difficult to tell if you are talking to someone that actually watches college football

Reaction Score
Its also difficult to tell if you are talking to someone that actually watches college football
Why would I assume you don't watch college football?

Was loyal Randy a joke? Were you born after 2010?

Reaction Score

With that seemingly done I’m interested to see what happens w/ Rossomando as this moves forward (does he stay or does he go).

Reaction Score
Moorhead wouldn’t come here. That’s a fantasy.

the craziest thing is people think he would come here for $300,000 as a couch in waiting. OC job here probably pays close to the least amount in FBS. Also we don’t have a conference and have been utterly horrendous. A guy like Joe Moorehead will have 75 better opportunities and that will include head coaching gigs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
the craziest thing is people think he would come here for $300,000 as a couch in waiting. OC job here probably pays close to the least amount in FBS. Also we don’t have a conference and have been utterly horrendous. A guy like Joe Moorehead will have 75 better opportunities and that will include head coaching gigs.
Who thinks he's coming here for 300k? It would have to be big money...like highest paid OC in the G5 for starters and of course when that happens (which it wont) he we obviously be HC in waiting...as in waiting 10 more seconds (or at most one season).

The real opportunity is Breiner, who also coached under Randy already...can he come here to be the OC. Would he want too?

Reaction Score
Who thinks he's coming here for 300k? It would have to be big money...like highest paid OC in the G5 for starters and of course when that happens (which it wont) he we obviously be HC in waiting...as in waiting 10 more seconds (or at most one season).

The real opportunity is Breiner, who also coached under Randy already...can he come here to be the OC. Would he want too?

What could possibly give anyone the idea this administration will put any money towards coaching salaries?

i wonder if Breiner will follow Moorehead to whatever school he goes too. Should at least give him a call.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What could possibly give anyone the idea this administration will put any money towards coaching salaries?

i wonder if Breiner will follow Moorehead to whatever school he goes too. Should at least give him a call.

Indeed, there should be no faith in the idea the school has a checkbook for this opportunity.

Reaction Score
Indeed, there should be no faith in the idea the school has a checkbook for this opportunity.

i would be on the phone and offering 2.5 million and an increase in staff salary for his assistants. Then would send Edsall packing. One can dream.

Reaction Score

Come on man, UConn is arguably only the next to worst program in America thanks to our former Yankee Conference buddies in Massachusetts.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you can just tell when you have encountered someone not worth the effort.
You called Randy Edsall "Loyal Randy." How on earth is someone supposed to tell if that's a joke or not? It's like calling Kanye West, "humble Kanye."

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As noted in the comments - Miami has no QB

Reaction Score
I would fire Edsall tomorrow if we could get Moorehead to come to Storrs.
I hate to side with you after what we've been going thru lately, but.....u got a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom