2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One would think that a WNBA Team could provide their #1 Draft Pick with a Jersey that fit...and if necessary tailor it to her preference in fit and comfort. :confused::rolleyes:

And the damn shorts look like they were cut from somebody's old winter coat. Just don't look comfy or light. The color ... well, let's not talk about that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou has not gotten into the game yet?? :confused::confused::confused:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
48-46 Chicago. No Lou yet.

Chicago has to stop trying to go straight at Howard. It's not working and she gets the benefit of the doubt on every call from the refs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chicago executed better down the stretch than Seattle (Jewell) did. A home win for the Sky.

Reaction Score
Lou has not gotten into the game yet?? :confused::confused::confused:

Like I said the other day, so far it seems like the Sky is using Lou more for PR than anything else.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

There was one noticeable player missing from the rotation and that’s Katie Lou Samuelson. Wade said he tends to lean more on veteran players in close games.

It’s hard for rookies to come in and play right away,” he said. “We needed our experienced players to step up and that’s what they did. And we think she learned a lot by watching the players who played.”

Reaction Score

There was one noticeable player missing from the rotation and that’s Katie Lou Samuelson. Wade said he tends to lean more on veteran players in close games.

It’s hard for rookies to come in and play right away,” he said. “We needed our experienced players to step up and that’s what they did. And we think she learned a lot by watching the players who played.”
Not sure I buy this... Wade said he drafted her because she was trained in a winning tradition, and she is a scorer... or words to that effect. Sure its only game #2, but Lou has the background to handle close games against anyone. Not saying she would have been a better option than what Wade was using, but this is so contrary to how Wade has been talking about Lou's value to his Team.

Reaction Score
Right now Sky is playing for respectability, not championships. Yesterday they beat a Storm team missing two all stars, including the MVP. Their defense stinks. Sadly, Stef is a weak factor, adequate, maybe even good, but not a force. Gabby played little, Lou not at all. What Wade needs to do is pick a game, start Lou, and play her for 30 minutes. Find out. It's hard to break in a new player in a set lineup. Pheesa had a great first game but the fall off has been remarkable, though the evidence is there that she will be a force in the future.

Reaction Score
I feel like Lou and Kristine Anigwe and others would’ve more beneficial to other teams had they been drafted lower or maybe higher.

Reaction Score
"I feel like Lou and Kristine Anigwe and others would’ve more beneficial to other teams had they been drafted lower or maybe higher."

?????

Reaction Score
"I feel like Lou and Kristine Anigwe and others would’ve more beneficial to other teams had they been drafted lower or maybe higher."

?????

The sky need a center, Anigwe and the sun could use a upgrade on the wing, like a consistent knock down shooter, Lou.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sky play the Mystics tonight on CBS Sports Network at 7pm

Latest news:
- Astou Ndour has joined up with the Spanish national team for Eurobasket. The Sky do not expect to sign anyone to replace her on the roster, at least not yet.
- Jamierra Faulkner is practing on a limited basis but is not game-ready yet. She's targeting an early-July return (we'll see if Gabby continues to play backup PG until then).
- Coach Wade says that Lou will play tonight.

Tidbits from Sky practice: Astou Ndour joins Spain’s national team for EuroBasket

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Those who are interested in this thread should be advised that the Sky @ Mystics game tonight (6/5) is being televised on the CBS Sports Network at 7 PM EDT. I think it's reasonably likely that EDD and Lou will guard each other at some point.

Reaction Score
Those who are interested in this thread should be advised that the Sky @ Mystics game tonight (6/5) is being televised on the CBS Sports Network at 7 PM EDT. I think it's reasonably likely that EDD and Lou will guard each other at some point.

It will be a long night for Lou if she has to guard EDD.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I actually wonder who will be the primary defender on EDD. Lavender started last game but both she and Dolson don't seem particularly well suited for the task. You could try Diamond but I'm not sure how well that would work and you'd risk foul trouble.

Probably the right person for the job is Gabby. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets more minutes tonight for that reason.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, Lou got some decent run in the 1st half. The bad news is that Chicago is getting crushed.

Getting a stop is a struggle and getting a defensive rebound is an even bigger struggle.

But turnovers are the biggest issue Chicago is down by 15. Washington has a 20-3 advantage in points off turnovers.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At least Gabby, Lou, and Stef had some nice weather if they were in town yesterday.

I’m lukewarm on the new arena. It’s probably too small, and the neighborhood is too sketchy to take the Metro, especially for a night game. The old arena, while too large, was in a perfect location.

Reaction Score
Well, Lou got some decent run in the 1st half. The bad news is that Chicago is getting crushed.

Getting a stop is a struggle and getting a defensive rebound is an even bigger struggle.

But turnovers are the biggest issue Chicago is down by 15. Washington has a 20-3 advantage in points off turnovers.

Not watching the game, but Lou's stat line gives me the impression that she is reverting to her freshman year, not being active and just hanging out on the wing waiting to shoot 3 and not being involved in the offense. Again could be a totally wrong impression but she does not seem to be doing much of anything, stat-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom