2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The form didn't look bad on the pitch. The black eye was quite evident...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Don't forget our Phessa ....

Not forgotten at all, once there was a Collier/Minnesota thread it seemed logical to make a Lou/Chicago thread rather than lumping all the stuff about both rookies into one thread.

Also, I hope to use this as a more general Sky thread for my photos and observations from games as the season goes on.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Another "In the Blue" video from training camp. By the way, Vandersloot joined camp today after being allowed a few extra days for R&R in the PNW after the long Russian season.

Reaction Score
Alright, one more post for this morning:

I just don't see Lou banging in the post, she lacks the physicality when compared with post players in the league. She is a finesse player, not a banger.

Reaction Score
I just don't see Lou banging in the post, she lacks the physicality when compared with post players in the league. She is a finesse player, not a banger.

I think more or less, we may see her in the post when she has a mismatch

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Every year she was at UConn, Lou played more physically than in the previous year. By her senior year, she was seeing quite a bit of contact. I agree it's not in her comfort zone, but she is an adaptable and coachable player, and she wants to be the best she can be. I think she will see this as a challenge, and rise to it.

She has a better chance to be a physical presence in the paint than to be a quick and mobile defender on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Every year she was at UConn, Lou played more physically than in the previous year. By her senior year, she was seeing quite a bit of contact. I agree it's not in her comfort zone, but she is an adaptable and coachable player, and she wants to be the best she can be. I think she will see this as a challenge, and rise to it.

She has a better chance to be a physical presence in the paint than to be a quick and mobile defender on the perimeter.
Even when she tried to play in the post at Uconn, she wasn't very good at it and posting up or playing inside in college is not the same as the WNBA. Maybe if she gains like 10 pounds of muscle, she's a shooter and that's what she needs to be doing. That's her strength. The only position she can play effectively in the league is the 3 honestly.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The idea of playing Lou at 4 is pretty appealing offensively because you get an extra shooter on the floor.

I don't know how often you get away with that defensively, but if the opposing 4 is a finesse player it could work.

Reaction Score
Another "In the Blue" video from training camp. By the way, Vandersloot joined camp today after being allowed a few extra days for R&R in the PNW after the long Russian season.

Thanks for sharing these vids, @Orangutan. I always watch a bit of the Sky each summer, and the team looks like it could be better this year. Or at least more interesting for us UConn (and DeShields) fans.

But, not gonna lie, I'll miss the Amber Stocks fashion show. :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Three Huskies and a Bear (Chloe Jackson).
Sky-Training-Camp_-Day-6-7.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just saying - the guy knows what it takes to win on the pro level and win big.

Geno's success in college is unparalleled but I don't know if the same approach would work as well in the pros.
I'm sure he'd adapt. He's had some success working with pro BB players.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he'd adapt. He's had some success working with pro BB players.

View attachment 43197
Pheesa was a tremendous player but Geno knew what she could do and what she couldn't do as well and designed an offense around that. Snd she tore the place up. With Lou it was I want you to do everything so why aren't you--okay that's a little better, not great, not even good, but better. To everyone else--she makes the team go. I don't fault the coaches for not running as tough ptactices as Geno's Season starts soon, players need to work out on their own and bench is deep.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

All three Huskies start in this morning's (11 am start time) preseason game. DeShields held out as a precaution with a minor hamstring pull. Quigley and Ndour still absent due to overseas commitments.

EDIT: Quigley *is* with the team but in street clothes. She just arrived to camp within the last couple days. Kahleah Copper also out with a hand injury. No Copper and no Diamond should mean plenty of court time for Lou and Gabby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69