2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2019 Chicago Sky (ft. Gabby, Lou & Stef)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are the sky sending Lou a message? :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope Coach Wade gets Lou some minutes in Connecticut.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope Coach Wade gets Lou some minutes in Connecticut.

Just checked the box score. Got into the game for 3' and made 3 of 4 FT's. Must have dome something right to have more FT attempts than anyone else in the 1st half.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and just noticed Gabby has not entered the game? :confused:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Just checked the box score. Got into the game for 3' and made 3 of 4 FT's. Must have dome something right to have more FT attempts than anyone else in the 1st half.
Lou did look good. She managed to get fouled by Bria Holmes on both of her field goal attempts. She also drew an offensive foul against a Sun player while she was working against a screen on defense.

Gabby does not appear to be on the Chicago bench. I wonder if she is injured.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou went 1-2 from 3pt line. 3-9 for the season. Hopefully Wade will remove her from exile.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don’t see a lot of WNBA games but I did take in this one. The Sun seemed to be clearly the better team but the Sky made it interesting at the end before losing 100-94.

I was impressed with the quality of play, especially the quickness and athleticism, but also the shooting. Aggressive is the best word to describe the style of play.

Dolson looks like a solid pro although she was in foul trouble all night, thanks in part to some ridiculous calls, but Jonquel Jones was a real force inside for the Sun. Tuck was fairly quiet, one putback rebound I remember, and Gabby was out sick.

Lou played pretty well in limited minutes. Some nice moves early got her to the line, and a nice three in the second half. Had what appeared to be a heating pad on her wrist while on the bench, so probably still dealing with some stiffness/soreness. She and the Sky will need to figure out where she fits in defensively, I don’t think it is at the 4. She looked good, somewhat stronger than I remember but maybe it is just the fit of the uniform. I hope she gets more minutes, but they are tough to come by given the Sky backcourt.

Love going to games at Mohegan, great venue.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Follow up article by Jeff Jacobs collecting and summarizing the pieces.

Jeff Jacobs: Not an easy trip from UConn to the WNBA for Samuelson, Williams

Keep your head up Lou; better days a comin'. She handled the injury period well, though it gutted her rookie year.

“Physicality, there’s a different level,” Dolson said. “She has done a great job of keeping a positive attitude and works really hard. Obviously when the injury first happened, she was upset. She stayed with the team. She made sure she wasn’t distancing herself. That can easily happen when you’re injured. She’s always at practices cheering. She’s even practiced with a cast on. I think it was a huge deal for us and for her. I was really proud of the way she handled the whole situation.”

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Keep your head up Lou; better days a comin'. She handled the injury period well, though it gutted her rookie year.

On the plus side, she just posted from the Puma private jet yesterday and also posted a Neutrogena ad. So even though she's not getting a ton of minutes, those sweet sponsor dollars are still rolling in.

Reaction Score
On the plus side, she just posted from the Puma private jet yesterday and also posted a Neutrogena ad. So even though she's not getting a ton of minutes, those sweet sponsor dollars are still rolling in.

View attachment 45259
Does Red Bull pay anything for this? I read that Kylie Jenner averages $1.25 million per Instagram influencer pic (Kim K was #3 @ $950K+). (That’s PER PICTURE. And some people think NBA salaries are obscene??)

Reaction Score
Does Red Bull pay anything for this? I read that Kylie Jenner averages $1.25 million per Instagram influencer pic (Kim K was #3 @ $950K+). (That’s PER PICTURE. And some people think NBA salaries are obscene??)

I’m sure they wouldn’t pay her that if it wasn’t worth it to them. Kylie has 142 million followers. Looks like she gets over 5 million likes per post, so that means she gets well over that in views per post.

Reaction Score
also, had 3 assists, 3 rebounds , 1 steal in 13 minutes, and plays defense. Wade doesn't get it. she needs 20 mins. at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom