2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 65 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/29

32 points for Hailey Van Lith

She averaged 31.7 over the 3-game Eagle Holiday tournament.

Make it 33 points for VanLith. And some words from the opposing coach:

“It was a really good game and we led pretty much the entire way,” said Timberlake coach Matt Miller, whose team led 23-14 after the first quarter. “Down the stretch, they got to the foul line and VanLith went 11 of 12 from the line. We played well, but VanLith was incredible. The girls played well and really well. Cashmere is a good club.”

Reaction Score
If you have some time, tune in. Brink is putting on a show.

If forced to make a comparison, I'd say Brink has a lot of A'ja Wilson in her game.

I hope that doesn't include driving in only one direction with the ball...................;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/30

Cameron Brink goes for 20 points (7-9 FG, 5-7 FT), 7 rebounds, and 3 steals

She sat much of the second half with foul trouble. Still, I've seen enough these last few days to put her with Bueckers in my top-2 of 2020 wish list.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“They’re a great team. (Brink) is a phenomenal player,” Evans-Gygax said. “She’s probably the best player we’ve played against, so it’s great experience for us.”

Brink, coming off a 24-point performance in the semifinals, showed her vast array of skills as the Skyhawks gradually pulled away.

Late in the first quarter, she swatted a shot on one end and hit a soft, pull-up jumper on the other end. Minutes later, she pulled up from the top of the arc and hit a three-pointer to give Southridge a 19-7 lead.

“It helps that she’s got so many good teammates around her,” Bergmann said. “It’s really hard to double her, and she’s a willing passer.”

No. 1 Southridge girls start fast, roll past Desert Oasis 71-43 for Shootout title

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/30

Haley Jones named MVP after Archbishop Mitty destroyed Folsom by 47 points to win the West Coast Jamboree.

Jones finished with 23 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 steals

Reaction Score
If you have some time, tune in. Brink is putting on a show.

If forced to make a comparison, I'd say Brink has a lot of A'ja Wilson in her game.

I don't know if Brink will ever be as physical as Wilson is. Obviously the comparison to Stewie has been made before and I definitely see that. A long, thin, finesse 4 that can block shots and rebound, as well as handle the ball and step out and hit a jump shot. I also don't see her playing with her back to the basket as much as Wilson does.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't know if Brink will ever be as physical as Wilson is. Obviously the comparison to Stewie has been made before and I definitely see that. A long, thin, finesse 4 that can block shots and rebound, as well as handle the ball and step out and hit a jump shot. I also don't see her playing with her back to the basket as much as Wilson does.

There are certainly differences but, as I said, I think there are a lot of similarities too. Wilson was basically a complete finesse player until the last year or so. Brink has plenty of years to get stronger and add some weight. She won't have to be physical to be an impact player though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
12/30

Haley Jones named MVP after Archbishop Mitty destroyed Folsom by 47 points to win the West Coast Jamboree.

Jones finished with 23 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 steals
We haven't had a kid from her area in a long time, maybe forever. But the kids from So. Cal. did pretty well here; Diana, Kaleena, Lou, and Charde.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/30

Azzi Fudd continued to put up huge numbers Saturday.

29 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/30

The Monarchs have a deep roster with all five starters garnering Division I college attention, but when you talk about Mitty it all starts with Haley Jones.

To be blunt the 6-1 Jones was magnificent. The reigning Cal-Hi Sports State Sophomore of the Year and leading candidate for the Ms. Basketball State Player of the Year this season finished with 23 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and five steals. For most girls it would have been a career game but for Jones it was just another day at the office, and she barely played in what was a running clock fourth quarter.

At the start of the game she guarded Cal Stars Nike Elite teammate and Cal-bound Folsom star McKenzie Forbes, but at some point in the game she played all five positions on the court.

“Haley demonstrated the whole package tonight and showed her full skill set,” Phillips remarked. “Great defense playing all five spots on the court, passing, handling the ball, scoring with contact, hitting the three, she did it all.”

Mitty routs Folsom in West Coast Jamboree Platinum Division title-game victory

Reaction Score
Today at Memphis Game Sam Brunelle showed no emotion as I was on opposite side looking at bench area. It was nice her parents and Sam came to CT in such cold weather and after her recent games. I have to admitted that my emotion was limited to Lou’s great defense and rebounding and Megan Walker’s great offensive performance.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So who was the recruit sitting behind S. Brunelle?

Watching the highlights, Brunelle was missing from her seat much of the second half though her parents were still there. There was a girl in a grey sweater behind Brunelle who cheered a lot. Perhaps her sister? Maybe you're talking about the girl in the blue jacket who was next to grey sweater girl. Unless it was Caroline Ducharme again, I don't know who it was.

Edit:

Well, we now know it was Saylor Poffenbarger, her second game attended this year.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Monarchs have a deep roster with all five starters garnering Division I college attention, but when you talk about Mitty it all starts with Haley Jones.

To be blunt the 6-1 Jones was magnificent. The reigning Cal-Hi Sports State Sophomore of the Year and leading candidate for the Ms. Basketball State Player of the Year this season finished with 23 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and five steals. For most girls it would have been a career game but for Jones it was just another day at the office, and she barely played in what was a running clock fourth quarter.

At the start of the game she guarded Cal Stars Nike Elite teammate and Cal-bound Folsom star McKenzie Forbes, but at some point in the game she played all five positions on the court.

“Haley demonstrated the whole package tonight and showed her full skill set,” Phillips remarked. “Great defense playing all five spots on the court, passing, handling the ball, scoring with contact, hitting the three, she did it all.”

Mitty routs Folsom in West Coast Jamboree Platinum Division title-game victory
What schools is Haley looking at?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1. Sam Brunelle is still pretty good

This just in, Sam Brunelle — William Monroe’s junior superstar and the No. 1 2019 college prospect in the country — is pretty good. She averaged 29.6 points and 21.6 rebounds last week in three Daily Progress Holiday Hoops Classic games. Brunelle capped her MVP performance with 35 points and 19 rebounds in the championship game against Albemarle. She put up 26 points and 26 boards in the semifinals against Western Albemarle and 28 points and 20 rebounds in the opening round against Brooke Point.

Starting five: Brunelle was dominant in Holiday Classic

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1. Sam Brunelle is still pretty good

This just in, Sam Brunelle — William Monroe’s junior superstar and the No. 1 2019 college prospect in the country — is pretty good. She averaged 29.6 points and 21.6 rebounds last week in three Daily Progress Holiday Hoops Classic games. Brunelle capped her MVP performance with 35 points and 19 rebounds in the championship game against Albemarle. She put up 26 points and 26 boards in the semifinals against Western Albemarle and 28 points and 20 rebounds in the opening round against Brooke Point.

Starting five: Brunelle was dominant in Holiday Classic

The pop up video is interesting. Brunelle looks like an adult playing against grade schoolers. We can go wow over the stats, but it all is subject to caveats, big ones, much of the time for all these highly ranked kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom