2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 54 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brink has the size of a center, but runs the floor like a guard and can handle the ball in a point-forward role.

Loaded Metro League should entertain in girls basketball in '17-18

If Brink get successfully recruited by a lessor college program it will be known as Brink's robbery....[/QUOTE]
Her shot is money!

brinks-truck.jpg

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Good question. I'm trying to find out. The next Bird and Taurasi?
So one of them doesn't have to play PG? What about Caitlin Clark? Does UConn recruit all three, hoping to get one or two of them? Is this a dilemma or an opportunity? In recent memory, have there ever been this many highly rated point guards (three of the top six and six of the top 12 overall prospects, according to HoopGurlz) in one class?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Van Lith seems like a pretty special player herself. As I said a month ago, I wonder if UConn is interested in getting her and Bueckers together.

The kid lives in Washington. Isn't the chance of pulling her across the continent to Connecticut, especially when Oregon is doing so well, and there is also Stanford not that far away, pretty slim?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The kid lives in Washington. Isn't the chance of pulling her across the continent to Connecticut, especially when Oregon is doing so well, and there is also Stanford not that far away, pretty slim?

Don't know what schools she's looking at, but she wouldn't be the first west coast player to come to Storrs. Geno watched her play AAU ball on consecutive days in September.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No at all.
Fun facts:
Numbers of players on Stanford roster from the state of California=1.
Stanford rosters has 3 players from Canada(2) or Australia (1)
Numbers of players on Oregon roster from the state of Oregon=1.
Oregon rosters has 5 players from Australia (2), Spain(2) or Germany (1).
Cameron Brink "20 also from Oregon was at UCONN a fews weeks ago visiting.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No at all.
Fun facts:
Numbers of players on Stanford roster from the state of California=1.
Stanford rosters hs 3 players from Canada(2) or Australia (1)
Numbers of players on Oregon roster from the state of Oregon=1.
Oregon rosters has 5 players from Australia (2), Spain(2) or Germany (1).
Cameron Brink "20 also from Oregon was at UCONN a fews weeks ago visiting.

Oh Yeah. Katie Lou Samuelson.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seems like the Pacific NW has always been fairly open recruiting territory. Stanford of course is a big draw. Arizona St. had or maybe still does have a nice pipeline to the surprisingly rich Spokane and Yakima areas. Washington St. and Gonzaga get some players from the east side of Washington but both have a hard time competing with higher profile schools in recruiting. UW has never really owned the Puget Sound area when it comes to recruiting. It's cyclical but Seattle/Tacoma/Kent/Federal Way etc. produce a fair bit of talent. The Oregon schools lately have been recruiting better in UW's back yard than the Huskies have, yet the Oregon schools can't keep most of their top instate talent from going elsewhere (mostly Tennessee it seems like).

Cashmere is a tiny community and the school competes in one of the lowest divisions of high school sports in Washington. I'm surprised that Van Lith isn't playing for Wenatchee. The linked article says she from there. Much higher level of competition.

I've either seen on a message board or in an article that Cameron Brink and her mom were frequently seen at Oregon St. games last year.

Reaction Score
It appears that Hopkins' game on Friday will be shown live by CCX media online. If so it should also be archived on their YouTube channel.

Looks like the game will be streamed live tonight at 8:00pm ET at this site: twelveLIVE

It bumps into the UConn game but we might be able to catch the end and as you said, a replay will likely be available too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Looks like the game will be streamed live tonight at 8:00pm ET at this site: twelveLIVE

It bumps into the UConn game but we might be able to catch the end and as you said, a replay will likely be available too.

They'll put it on their YouTube channel afterwards almost certainly.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
2019 - Boston, Brunelle, Jones

2020- Bueckers, Van Lith, Watson, Brink

It is almost Christmas after all.

You putting anything in that eggnog? :D
That's quite a wish list but, hey, if you can't dream at the start, how's it going to become a reality?

I read an article somewhere that the author thought Kylee Watson reminded him of a Natalie Achonwa. If so, I'd very much like a second "Ace" dealt to the Irish!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You putting anything in that eggnog? :D
That's quite a wish list but, hey, if you can't dream at the start, how's it going to become a reality?

I read an article somewhere that the author thought Kylee Watson reminded him of a Natalie Achonwa. If so, I'd very much like a second "Ace" dealt to the Irish!

Well, I could've been greedy and added Azzi Fudd but that's for next year's list. ;)

Reaction Score
Hopkins beats Minnetonka 81-55. No final stats yet but Bueckers had 17 pts in the first half,

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers finished with 30 points and at least 5 assists and 4 steals Friday (12/8).

She was very aggressive early on and missed a slew of shots, starting 2-8. She ended up 12-21 overall and 6-6 from the foul line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here is Bueckers' game from Friday. Move the bar at the bottom to FF and rewind. Game starts around 12:00.

Reaction Score
Here is Bueckers' game from Friday. Move the bar at the bottom to FF and rewind. Game starts around 12:00.

There's a play near the end of the half that I liked. Start at :42 minutes in. Minnetonka has the ball on the camera-side of the court. Watch Bueckers on the other side of the court. She is anticipating a pass out to the top and pounces when it happens.

Reaction Score
Bueckers benefits from playing on a team with some other good players so she can't be doubled or tripled.

Thanks to the poster who provided the link.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger ('21) made her varsity debut a memorable one:

20 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists

Maryland, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Minnesota have all presented the 6-foot-1 Poffenbarger with scholarship offers while Connecticut, South Carolina and Notre Dame have expressed interest.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom