2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 53 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
As far as recruiting Ms.Brunelle is concerned,remember what Chick Hearn used to say when the outcome was no longer in doubt,"This one is in the refrigerator,the door is closed,the lights are out,the eggs are cooling,the butter's getting hard,and the jello's jiggling. Uconn is the perfect school for her and she knows it.:)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It appears that Hopkins' game on Friday will be shown live by CCX media online. If so it should also be archived on their YouTube channel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Fudd and Buekers are the 2 I most want. Taurasi and Moore reincarnated (metaphorically speaking of course)... ;)

Having said that, I want them all. Magbegor from 2018. Amihere, Boston, Brunelle and some sort of guard from 2019. Buekers and Fudd from 2020/2021 (and whoever else Geno goes after). He could well coach till he's 100 - if he keeps landing great kids who are also great players!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Fudd and Buekers are the 2 I most want. Taurasi and Moore reincarnated (metaphorically speaking of course)... ;)

Having said that, I want them all. Magbegor from 2018. Amihere, Boston, Brunelle and some sort of guard from 2019. Buekers and Fudd from 2020/2021 (and whoever else Geno goes after). He could well coach till he's 100 - if he keeps landing great kids who are also great players!!
Now this would be really bad for women’s basketball...:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Believe me, I like her game a whole lot but I don't think she's quite on that level......although she was well scouted by UConn, with Christyn Williams coming in and a plethora of other young guards, Celeste just wasn't a good fit ..I still look forward to seeing her play in January at the Coach's Choice Classic in NJ......

Also play at Manasquan on Jan. 21. For me, it could be a battle of the guards that aren't going to Notre Dame (Mabrey3 and Taylor). Still, should be a very good early season test and would also like to see how Faith Masonius is doing.

Reaction Score
Also play at Manasquan on Jan. 21. For me, it could be a battle of the guards that aren't going to Notre Dame (Mabrey3 and Taylor). Still, should be a very good early season test and would also like to see how Faith Masonius is doing.

don't forget Leilani Correa from Rutger Prep.........almost a mirror image of Celeste Taylor who is actually ranked above her according to some.........

Dillon77

Reaction Score
don't forget Leilani Correa from Rutger Prep....almost a mirror image of Celeste Taylor who is actually ranked above her according to some....

Or Diamond Miller, who also was on the U.S. team that headed to Argentina this past summer. She had an unofficial visit to ND with Celeste Taylor during ND's first home game in early November. Probably more of a wing, but certainly a fine player.

Reaction Score
Or Diamond Miller, who also was on the U.S. team that headed to Argentina this past summer. She had an unofficial visit to ND with Celeste Taylor during ND's first home game in early November. Probably more of a wing, but certainly a fine player.

i was referring to those who would be at the tournament..................no Miller, no Hyduke

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With ONO already committed, who out of the following four are we likely to get at UConn?
Brunelle, Boston, Amihere and Megbegor?

I hoping it’s Brunelle and Boston

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With ONO already committed, who out of the following four are we likely to get at UConn?
Brunelle, Boston, Amihere and Megbegor?
I hoping it’s Brunelle and Boston
I'm not sure anyone knows what's likely.
From your list I would want Megbegor (C) in '18 and Brunelle (F) in '19.
Not on your list, I would also want Haley Jones (SF/SG) '19 and Charisma Osborne (PG) because variety is the spice of life.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Van Lith seems like a pretty special player herself. As I said a month ago, I wonder if UConn is interested in getting her and Bueckers together.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hey @Dillon77 and @Charliebball what's the deal with Klarke Sconiers and Natalija Marshall? I heard they are killing it for Christ the King right now and both are only sophomores. I may need to drop by and see them in action.

Hey SC:
Longtime Christ the King Coach Bob MacKey has four potential D1 prospects on his roster right now, ready to get even with Mary Louis Academy (Danielle Paterson -- now at ND, Jordan Nixon -- going to ND) for the loss in the city playoffs last year.

- Kaelynn Satterfield, Class of 2019, combo guard. Six-footer moved over to the point last year and the team -- which was young -- went with her. Leading scorer for the team and first team All-Queens last season, along with Nixon, Syracuse commit Emily Engstler, Patterson and Brandy Thomas, a 2018 senior guard who has not yet committed.

- Klarke Sconiers is a junior this year (Class of 2019) and made honorable mention all Queens last year. She's 6'3" and is considered the traditional post, anchoring the middle and has developing offensive skills.

- Natalija Marshall, the 6'4" sophomore forward (Class of 2020) is viewed as the break-out player here, currently ranked 13th in HoopGurlz and garnering attention with her Exodus Club Team in the summer circuit. She's apparently got real length in her arms and runs the court exceedingly well for a tall person. She made 2nd Team Queens as a frosh and most expect her to take this team over. As most of us know, she's visited both UConn and Notre Dame and I'd expect MM, Geno, CD and Carole Owens (ND's "big" coach) to run into each other in Queens' eateries quite a bit over the next season.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm not sure anyone knows what's likely.
From your list I would want Megbegor (C) in '18 and Brunelle (F) in '19.
Not on your list, I would also want Haley Jones (SF/SG) '19 and Charisma Osborne (PG) because variety is the spice of life.

I hear Charisma Osborne is the kind of person you want to be around.....

ND will most certainly be looking for a SF/SG in 2019, as well, and there is definite interest in Ms. Jones. Hearing that the same can be said for Breanna Beal (remember her?), so MM and Niele are making sure not to put all their eggs in one basket. Another wing that recently made an unofficial in South Bend was Diamond Miller. Will have to see her play this year in Jersey.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sophomore Cameron Brink is one of the best underclassmen not just in the state but the country. At 6-foot-4 with dreamed-up measurables, coordination and skill, Brink is actually listed as a wing on the Skyhawk roster this season, which is truly frightening for opposing coaches.

But the veteran head coach said Brink is above them all and therefore Southridge is in a league of its own.

"Brink is the most impactful player I've coached against since I've been at Jesuit. As long as she is in uniform Southridge will be the prohibitive favorite," Lowery said.

Starting units such as the Skyhawks' are the envy of all.

Brink, Freeman, Meek, Maya and Natalie Hoff offer a blend of rarefied skill, size, potential, playmaking ability and defensive prowess most teams in Oregon simply can't match. They can beat you inside with Brink and Hoff, move the ball to the perimeter with Meek and Freeman or invert their offense and get Brink involved on the outskirts of the three-point line while putting Freeman in the low post.

Brink has the size of a center, but runs the floor like a guard and can handle the ball in a point-forward role.

Loaded Metro League should entertain in girls basketball in '17-18

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hear Charisma Osborne is the kind of person you want to be around.....

ND will most certainly be looking for a SF/SG in 2019, as well, and there is definite interest in Ms. Jones. Hearing that the same can be said for Breanna Beal (remember her?), so MM and Niele are making sure not to put all their eggs in one basket. Another wing that recently made an unofficial in South Bend was Diamond Miller. Will have to see her play this year in Jersey.
I didn't know anything about Charisma ( see what I did there) until a few weeks ago when @UConnCat mentioned her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey SC:
Longtime Christ the King Coach has four potential D1 prospects on his roster right now, ready to get even with Mary Louis Academy (Danielle Paterson -- now at ND, Jordan Nixon -- going to ND) for the loss in the city playoffs last year.

- Kaelynn Satterfield, Class of 2019, combo guard. Six-footer moved over to the point last year and the team -- which was young -- went with her. Leading scorer for the team and first team All-Queens last season, along with Nixon, Syracuse commit Emily Engstler, Patterson and Brandy Thomas, a 2018 senior guard who has not yet committed.

- Klarke Sconiers is a junior this year (Class of 2019) and made honorable mention all Queens last year. She's 6'3" and is considered the traditional post, anchoring the middle and has developing offensive skills.

- Natalija Marshall, the 6'4" sophomore forward (Class of 2020) is viewed as the break-out player here, currently ranked 13th in HoopGurlz and garnering attention with her Exodus Club Team in the summer circuit. She's apparently got real length in her arms and runs the court exceedingly well for a tall person. She made 2nd Team Queens as a frosh and most expect her to take this team over. As most of us know, she's visited both UConn and Notre Dame and I'd expect MM, Geno, CD and Carole Owens (ND's "big" coach) to run into each other in Queens' eateries quite a bit over the next season.

Thanks for the insight Dillon! All players sound very intriguing so I'll definitely be stopping by to see these young ladies play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sophomore Cameron Brink is one of the best underclassmen not just in the state but the country. At 6-foot-4 with dreamed-up measurables, coordination and skill, Brink is actually listed as a wing on the Skyhawk roster this season, which is truly frightening for opposing coaches.

But the veteran head coach said Brink is above them all and therefore Southridge is in a league of its own.

"Brink is the most impactful player I've coached against since I've been at Jesuit. As long as she is in uniform Southridge will be the prohibitive favorite," Lowery said.

Starting units such as the Skyhawks' are the envy of all.

Brink, Freeman, Meek, Maya and Natalie Hoff offer a blend of rarefied skill, size, potential, playmaking ability and defensive prowess most teams in Oregon simply can't match. They can beat you inside with Brink and Hoff, move the ball to the perimeter with Meek and Freeman or invert their offense and get Brink involved on the outskirts of the three-point line while putting Freeman in the low post.

Brink has the size of a center, but runs the floor like a guard and can handle the ball in a point-forward role.

Loaded Metro League should entertain in girls basketball in '17-18
Brink's build reminds me a lot of someone else:

uconnweb27s-2-web.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Story on Hailey Van Lith.

Sophomore Hailey Van Lith lighting it up at Washington's Cashmere

Van Lith is the No. 5 player ranked in the espnW HoopGurlz Terrific 25 for the 2020 class (and the No. 2-ranked player at her position). The 5-foot-7 point guard for Cashmere High School has her pick of the nation's top Division I programs, including Connecticut. She's long idolized Huskies royalty: Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart.
Hailey plays for Cashmere High School. It's no wonder she's so smoooooth. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom