2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 82 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/6

Azzi Fudd hit 6 threes and scored 28 points Tuesday.

Sam Brunelle left her game in the first quarter after scoring 12 points.

Reaction Score
Question: On Jan 20 it was reported that Bueckers would miss at least 3 weeks due to an ankle injury and now I see the below tweet. Is she hurt and if not, isn't there some sort of rule against working out with outside teams during high school season?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Question: On Jan 20 it was reported that Bueckers would miss at least 3 weeks due to an ankle injury and now I see the below tweet. Is she hurt and if not, isn't there some sort of rule against working out with outside teams during high school season?

She has not played since January 13. It's been about three weeks since her injury so we should know more by Hopkins' next game Friday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The HS participation rules vary so much across the country it hard to say. But I cannot think of any rule that would prevent an individual player from attending a "workout" during the HS season which this seems to be. Playing in organized games, AAU for example, is a different story and prohibited by some HS associations until the completion of the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The HS participation rules vary so much across the country it hard to say. But I cannot think of any rule that would prevent an individual player from attending a "workout" during the HS season which this seems to be. Playing in organized games, AAU for example, is a different story and prohibited by some HS associations until the completion of the season.

Thanks for the info. The main question is how a player who is supposed to injured to the point of missing 3+weeks of games can even participate in a workout. As a huge Bueckers fan I'm happy she's able to work out but confused why she isn't playing for Hopkins.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. The main question is how a player who is supposed to injured to the point of missing 3+weeks of games can even participate in a workout. As a huge Bueckers fan I'm happy she's able to work out but confused why she isn't playing for Hopkins.

Hopkins hasn't had a game since Jan 30th. Their next game is Friday. My guess is that she has been cleared to participate since she was working out with Ganon Baker and will be playing Friday night.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
NP. You have a very good question.
My approach is much more parochial. The sooner Paige, Azzi & Smanatha stop associating with anything even remotely related to ND the happier I'll be and so will they!

Reaction Score

................workouts with private trainers and other players during the season are pretty common..........I'm familiar with a few players that play only AAU ball and no high school ball at all.............

Reaction Score
Sure is. My daughter had a trainer throughout the year. But AAU couldn’t start until the season was over

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
......workouts with private trainers and other players during the season are pretty common.....I'm familiar with a few players that play only AAU ball and no high school ball at all...
True but pretty uncommon for a player from Minnesota to attend a "workout" in Suburban, VA, in the middle of her HS basketball season, while being reported as missing HS games because of injury. Quite honestly if these were Boys the NCAA might be investigating.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2021 Amari DeBerry's last three games:

14 points, 10 rebounds

22 points, 6 rebounds, 5 blocks

15 points

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/6

Saylor Poffenbarger's stats from Tuesday:

18 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/7

Notre Dame and Oregon were on hand to watch Haley Jones score 22 points Wednesday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2/6

Azzi Fudd hit 6 threes and scored 28 points Tuesday.

Sam Brunelle left her game in the first quarter after scoring 12 points.
Azzi is knocking in those threes with regularity.

Reaction Score
2/7

Notre Dame and Oregon were on hand to watch Haley Jones score 22 points Wednesday.

True but pretty uncommon for a player from Minnesota to attend a "workout" in Suburban, VA, in the middle of her HS basketball season, while being reported as missing HS games because of injury. Quite honestly if these were Boys the NCAA might be investigating.

it does seem a long way to go to practice your foul shots...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clear your calendar for 5 p.m. this Saturday and scoot over to Eastmont High School. There is a basketball game that you need to see.

The Cashmere girls’ basketball teams plays the Omak Pioneers in the CTL 1A District Championship.

Though the Bulldogs will surely win — they haven’t lost a division game in two years and have beaten the Pioneers by an average of 48 points this season — that’s not the point. The main draw is sophomore guard Hailey Van Lith, who above all else, is probably the best high school basketball player in the state and the most gifted player I have ever seen in person.

Before you get any preconceived notion that I’m biased toward Cashmere, pump the brakes.

I’m not giving any special consideration to Cashmere (I grew up in Colorado), but Van Lith deserves the spotlight in the final week of the winter sports season. For Saturday might be the last opportunity a Wenatchee resident has to watch the sure to-be WNBA star play in person this season.

Heck, I’m not even scheduled to cover the game, but I’ll be sitting front row with my popcorn ready.

That relentless style of play has caught the eye of the top teams in the state and some of the NCAA’s elite as scouts from various D1 programs come in droves to catch a glimpse of the No. 5 ranked player in the 2020 class.

While I typically highlight national topics in my column, Van Lith makes high school basketball captivating to watch.

So you can keep your Winter Olympics (at least for two hours).

Van Lith and the Cashmere girls’ basketball team is the thing to watch this weekend.

Reaction Score
I don't know how serious UConn is regarding this recruit..........she's quite athletic but can play a bit out of control at times..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom