2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Megan Walker was getting Twitter-bombed by Texas partisans during the months before her announcement. And it wasn't subtle at all. I wondered at the time how much of that was actually independent of the UT program. Not that it should matter, as either way it's a violation of the rules, or so our mods have said several times.

Several of the tweets directed at Walker were from members of the Ambassador program which is a formal group of supporters established by the Texas Women's Basketball program. I'm not saying they were instructed to tweet at Walker (or other recruits) but the tweets were not just from a random group of Texas wbb fans.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Nice body control. Funky looking shot though. Looks a little like Nina Davis'. I hope it turns out better than that. Not the fastest on the floor. Nice timing on blocked shots. She has a little lower body width that helps her set up inside.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Several of the tweets directed at Walker were from members of the Ambassador program which is a formal group of supporters established by the Texas Women's Basketball program. I'm not saying they were instructed to tweet at Walker (or other recruits) but the tweets were not just from a random group of Texas wbb fans.

That's what I was referring to. With due respect for Charlieball's posted view, I have very few doubts that some of the social media contacts are either organized, coordinated, passively ignored, or supervised by the program. When MBB programs hire hookers to service recruits, it does not seem too assumptive to think that a WCBB program would identify recruits for program supporters to lean on via Twitter or Facebook, etc.

Reaction Score

That could very well be true, I stand corrected but if our moderators are right, such groups are risking an NCAA violation which hardly seems worth it as such contacts don't make much of a difference in the recruit's decision making process as far as I am concerned..........as an earlier post mentioned, Texas supporters bombarded Walker with numerous tweets but in the end it wasn't worth anything............

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
IMHO, it is absolutely wrong for a fan (booster or otherwise) to contact a potential recruit by any means through any avenue...period.

These young women have enough going on in their young lives without having to sift through emails, twitter, facebook posts which are nothing other than distractions from their academic and athletic pursuits. In the end, they're just kids. They have all they can do to contend with the contacts they get from WCBB programs.

Leave them the hell alone.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If you're a "booster" (a term often used loosely and includes season ticket holders) to a program then it's technically illegal to contact recruits via social media.. but this is very difficult to enforce, hence why the NCAA doesn't enforce it.

Every school in the country would be on probation and there would be endless cases of negative recruiting... for instance, CFB fans tend to be recruiting fanatics and it's very cutthroat at the P5 level.. what's to stop fans of Ohio State from becoming boosters at Michigan and falsely recruiting kids on twitter to Michigan in order to get the Wolverine athletic department in trouble?

So who would the NCAA penalize? The schools? The fans? The recruits?

They don't have the legal ability to penalize the fans.... so they don't enforce it. They just strongly discourage it. But that stops no one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She certainly has a lot of potential.
When will she commit?
Is Geno recruiting her hard?
Baby Bruney is just finishing 10th grade, so she may not commit for a while.

Geno has been recruiting her very hard. Also important, Lexi Gordon's mom has been recruiting her big time. :)

Reaction Score

Geno has been recruiting her very hard. Also important, Lexi Gordon's mom has been recruiting her big time. :)

Sounds promising

Great info thank u.

Reaction Score
Sounds promising

Great info thank u.

Her apparent boyfriend who's a junior, has a baseball scholarship to Clemson..........................unclear if that will have any impact on her decision..........his brother is one of the NY Jets back up QB's

Reaction Score
Her apparent boyfriend who's a junior, has a baseball scholarship to Clemson......unclear if that will have any impact on her decision.....his brother is one of the NY Jets back up QB's

Does Clemson even have a WCB team?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does Clemson even have a WCB team?
A HS friend of mine played baseball at Clemson. He was an outstanding hitter and pitcher in HS, but injuries limited his career. He was a lefty with 4 pitches, each of which he threw at 3 speeds.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

She's supposed to make a tight list this fall so my guess is she chooses early next year.

Reaction Score
More Sam B video.......doesn't look like there's much defense being played but she really moves well for a big...............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sam reminds me of someone else with a shortened name: Lou.

Lou leaves in 2019. Time to bring in Sam.

Reaction Score
amantha Brunelle‏ @babybruney33 13m13 minutes ago
Samantha Brunelle added,
I want to leave a mark for young girls coming up like others did for me Always be thankful for what you are given #Loaded #TheFuture
TeamLoadedGirls @TeamLoadedGirls
Part of what makes Sam great, is her willingness to always be around the Young Kids knowing they look up to her #TopNotch
0 replies3 retweets6 likes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom