2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Coaches are in an evaluation phase of recruiting and Saturday is the first day. Pretty good indication GA is high on Brunelle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the Baby Bruney moniker. We had a player known as Baby Husky, thanks to Kaleena. How did things work out for Stewie? :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star on recent Southwest Spring Classic:

Aliyah Boston – 2019 – 6-3 – Post – iExcel Basketball – Continues to establish herself…Has size, build and strength…Active…Effort on both ends of the floor…Becoming more comfortable away from the rim…Did settle at times…Has a presence on the offensive boards…Consistency will be key

Second Annual Southwest Sports Alliance Spring Classic - Bluestar Media

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe eyes in 2020 should be shifting to the left coast and Cameron Brink. In addition to her natural talent, she seems to have a lifelong connection (and beyond) to the Curry family. Yes, that Curry family.

Unbreakable bond

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe eyes in 2020 should be shifting to the left coast and Cameron Brink. In addition to her natural talent, she seems to have a lifelong connection (and beyond) to the Curry family. Yes, that Curry family.

Unbreakable bond

Great story. Just another reason that Steph Curry is my favorite MBB player and the GS warriors are the only team really worth watching in the NBA

Reaction Score
Here's an article on Mo'ne Davis:

From baseball to basketball

She's quitting high school basketball to focus on AAU. That seems like a strange decision. It's a totally different season, and even if her high school wasn't very good, she could always transfer somewhere. I don't think that strategy worked out too well for Courtney E, though it could have been that she never got over her initial injury and just couldn't work her self into the lineup. But still...wonder who is advising her to do this?

Strange decision indeed, by either her or her handlers.

“I made the decision because it was time to start getting out there in front of college coaches and showing my improvement over the next two years,” Davis shared with the ESPNW.

What's to put out there in front of other college coaches, wasn't/isn't her dream to play point guard at UConn? (no sarcasm emoji!)

Exactly how good is Mo'ne Davis at basketball, anyway?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
It appears that we should be taking a look at Cameron Brink....size, speed and mobility....not things you can teach. Sam. Brunelle actually reminds me of DellaDonne and that 7th grade kid...Wow!!!!

Reaction Score
It appears that we should be taking a look at Cameron Brink....size, speed and mobility....not things you can teach. Sam. Brunelle actually reminds me of DellaDonne and that 7th grade kid...Wow!!!!

I agree, Brink is #42 in black.

Reaction Score
Do fans contact recruits via twitter and like tell them to go to there favorite school?

Reaction Score
Do fans contact recruits via twitter and like tell them to go to there favorite school?

Absolutely................as soon as a highly ranked recruit announces their list of finalists they are often barraged with such messages although it is my understanding that this can be considered a recruiting violation of some sort.........

Reaction Score
Absolutely......as soon as a highly ranked recruit announces their list of finalists they are often barraged with such messages although it is my understanding that this can be considered a recruiting violation of some sort....

Gotcha, I don't think Id personally bother a 14 year old girl peppering her to Uconn, Id think Geno/ Program legacy etc would be enough but I see some of these girls have twitter accounts.

I wonder if they are flattered or annoyed haha

Reaction Score
Gotcha, I don't think Id personally bother a 14 year old girl peppering her to UConn, Id think Geno/ Program legacy etc would be enough but I see some of these girls have twitter accounts.

I wonder if they are flattered or annoyed haha

From what I can see they kind of like it at first but the recruits that take a year to make a decision may find that it gets a little old after a while

Here's an example:

1. 1 reply1 retweet1 like
  2. Olivia Nelson-Ododa Retweeted
    Gamecock WBB Fans‏ @SCWBB_News Apr 24
    Gamecock WBB Fans Retweeted Olivia Nelson-Ododa

Pull the trigger.. Commit to @dawnstaley and @GamecockWBB!
Even fellow recruits get in on the act:

Olivia Nelson-Ododa Retweeted
Janelle Bailey‏ @janelle__bailey Apr 24
Janelle Bailey Retweeted Olivia Nelson-Ododa
TAR HEEL NATION LETS GET MY BEST FRIEND TO CHAPEL HILL That would be a scary sight !

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
From what I can see they kind of like it at first but the recruits that take a year to make a decision may find that it gets a little old after a while!

Megan Walker was getting Twitter-bombed by Texas partisans during the months before her announcement. And it wasn't subtle at all. I wondered at the time how much of that was actually independent of the UT program. Not that it should matter, as either way it's a violation of the rules, or so our mods have said several times.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker was getting Twitter-bombed by Texas partisans during the months before her announcement. And it wasn't subtle at all. I wondered at the time how much of that was actually independent of the UT program. Not that it should matter, as either way it's a violation of the rules, or so our mods have said several times.

I kind of doubt that the schools have anything to do with it, just a bunch of overly enthusiastic supporters most likely..........I really doubt that it has an impact in persuading a player to attend a particular school..........BTW UConn is not immune from this..........there seem to be two or three UConn fans that always have to add their appeals to the top recruits

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom