2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
AEH had 51 points with 10 threes in NYS section 1 tournament play today.

I would love to know how many shots she took and what her shooting percentage was..........I know she needs to carry more of the offensive load due to injury but she's been putting up crazy numbers against anybody not named Albertus Magnus

Reaction Score
I would love to know how many shots she took and what her shooting percentage was.....I know she needs to carry more of the offensive load due to injury but she's been putting up crazy numbers against anybody not named Albertus Magnus

I don't know. I wasn't there. She made 28 baskets and was out of game with about 5 min left in 4th!

Reaction Score
I don't know. I wasn't there. She made 28 baskets and was out of game with about 5 min left in 4th!
28 baskets and only 51 points? Better redo your math. With 10 3's that's at least 63 points. Try again.

Reaction Score
28 baskets and only 51 points? Better redo your math. With 10 3's that's at least 63 points. Try again.

Reaction Score

forgot that there were 10 3's...............my sincere apologies

Reaction Score
Lauren Hansen had 34 pts with 8 threes vs N. Babylon and Celeste Taylor had 33pts with 6 threes vs. CTK with

Reaction Score
Yikes River......we hardly even got to know ya!! Must not like Italian food or cold weather.......

NEB Media ‏@neb_media 58m58 minutes ago
'19 C, River Baldwin (Pleasant Home HS | Flight Silver), has verbally committed to Sue Semrau and Florida State.

River Baldwin (6-5, center, 2019, Pleasant Home (AL) High School) made an oral commitment to Florida State University after its home victory this Saturday (February 18). Other schools considered included Connecticut, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee. Baldwin is #22 in the most recent ESPN HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings for the class of 2019.
Seems like 90% of the posts are about centers or tall forwards. Are there any outstanding point guards in mix? Danger appears to be strong as an individual offensive player but average as a passer and at best ok as a defender. Looking for development as she matures, but if not, nothing wrong with a true offensive/defensive leader at point. Even with Stewie and Tuck, the engine that often got UConn started the past 2 years was Jefferson.

Reaction Score
Seems like 90% of the posts are about centers or tall forwards. Are there any outstanding point guards in mix? Danger appears to be strong as an individual offensive player but average as a passer and at best ok as a defender. Looking for development as she matures, but if not, nothing wrong with a true offensive/defensive leader at point. Even with Stewie and Tuck, the engine that often got UConn started the past 2 years was Jefferson.

I have to disagree with your assesment of Crystal's passing ability............while she has made the typical forced passes that come with all freshman point guards, she has also made some simply outstanding passes that only the best point guards can produce..............if you look back a few pages you will see discussions about other point guards like Jordan Nixon, Anaya Peoples, and Honesty Scott Grayson among them................

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with your assesment of Crystal's passing ability..while she has made the typical forced passes that come with all freshman point guards, she has also made some simply outstanding passes that only the best point guards can produce....if you look back a few pages you will see discussions about other point guards like Jordan Nixon, Anaya Peoples, and Honesty Scott Grayson among them......

Forgot Myra Gordon....I'm sure UConn is watching her closely

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Off the top of my dome UCONN is looking at the following PG/SG.
Myra Gordon '20
Zia Cooke '19
Yasmeen Chang'19
Anaya Peoples'19
Jordan Nixon '18
Maddie Burke '20
Have not hear much with UCONN and Honesty Scott-Grayson in well over a year now. I like Peoples.

Reaction Score
Speaking of players visiting other schools:
Samantha Brunelle ‏@babybruney33 5h5 hours ago
Thank you @PackWomensBball for having me and my family down for the Play For Kay game

C5Dw9bFXAAAE_td.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Brunelle 2016-17 Stats: 601 points, 25ppg. 300 boards, 12.5rpg. 82 blocks.80 assists. 52 steals. Avg efficiency rating 29. Career 31.4.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Lauren Hansen had 34 pts with 8 threes vs N. Babylon and Celeste Taylor had 33pts with 6 threes vs. CTK with

Just a few posts above you...Lauren Hansen is most assuredly a point guard, playing out of Ward Melville on the north coast of Long Island.
She ripped it against North Babylon, but she also mixes in ball-handling, team management in addition to her shooting.
There's a bunch of pgs that come to mind -- Anaya Peoples comes to mind....

Me would think it's a bit premature to doubt Ms. Dangerfield's potential growth and development at this juncture. I'd say she's doing just fine...

Reaction Score
"

Disagree strongly on the "average passer" - she sees angles and possibilities very well and while she does make mistakes, is the best passer on the team already. The defensive part will come, she has all the physical tools and she will get the coaching she needs.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Ward Melville is a stone's throw from me
been at HANSEN's games

only a Soph...young lady is an Elite prospect for sure (serious Skills...displays "Feel", advanced Poise)
would benefit to be Coached, Challenged

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
"

Disagree strongly on the "average passer" - she sees angles and possibilities very well and while she does make mistakes, is the best passer on the team already. The defensive part will come, she has all the physical tools and she will get the coaching she needs.
I agree that she is the best drive and dish passer. But for best overall I think I'd vote Lou.

Reaction Score
I agree that she is the best drive and dish passer. But for best overall I think I'd vote Lou.
Are we talking about player vs passer? I think Lou is the 3rd best passer on the team (behind Danger and Gabby, and possibly even Chong). Is she the most valuable player? That's a more open question: I pick Collier, but that's a contentious topic on this board.

Reaction Score
Ward Melville is a stone's throw from me
been at HANSEN's games

only a Soph...young lady is an Elite prospect for sure (serious Skills...displays "Feel", advanced Poise)
would benefit to be Coached, Challenged

Coach Bill - I can't remember if I've asked you about Celeste Taylor.......is she going to be as good at the next level as I think she could be(really good)?......
also have you had a chance to see Leilani Correa of Rutgers Prep........I view here as a slightly smaller version of Taylor but with a similar skill set............

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Are we talking about player vs passer? I think Lou is the 3rd best passer on the team (behind Danger and Gabby, and possibly even Chong). Is she the most valuable player? That's a more open question: I pick Collier, but that's a contentious topic on this board.
I'm talking passer. I think Lou is the best reflexive, instinctual passer. I think Chong is underrated as a passer. Gabby obviously makes a lot of good passes but she makes more than her share of bad ones, too. That's my perception, anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom