2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment of her, she also plays great defense, her travel coach told me she dunks tennis balls so she can get up

Taylor's a bit on the fiesty side which I view as a good thing.............she's going to be a big time player, one of the smoothest, most agile guards I've seen in a long time..........she will absolutely play for a top 20 WBB program, only time will tell if she gets a UConn offer

Reaction Score
I don't know about her attitude but I will say she does play for a great HS coach, I only saw her play in twice in the summer and in Holmdel a few weeks ago. I do like the fiesty attitude though

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks for the video.

Nice, quick hands, good form on her jumper. Looks like she has some hops. Not as fast in a straight line as Gabby and not yet as strong, but she has good speed. Nice body control at a young age, good handle. Maybe better than Gabby's even now. Couldn't really see if she has that quick first step, couldn't see how well she views the court or anticipates her teammates. She'd be a nice 2 at the next level if she works on her shot well beyond the arc, her pull up and works further on her handle. Would be nice if she had a Molly motor, plays with a little snarl, is the first to applaud her teammates success or reacts well after a missed shot.

More video please.

Reaction Score
I can't find anymore video, I think Charliebball knows more than I do but I did find a few write ups on Bluestar Media. I haven't checked yet but Charliebball did say she was ranked in low 20's

upload_2017-2-14_15-44-37.png

upload_2017-2-14_15-45-27.png

Reaction Score
I wrote about Ms Taylor earlier in this thread....she is a fun player to watch, very quick and very athletic...I think she needs to work on her range and consistency from the three point line but she is a big time talent who is ranked in the low 20's nationally..one of UConn's coaches was there to watch her in person a few weekends ago in Holmdel NJ so the Huskies are fully aware of her
I don't see anything wrong with that form and range from deep. Obviously everyone needs to work on consistency. That's a hell of a player for that age.

Reaction Score
the few times I have seen her she tends to look for the mid range shot or dribble drive after she misses a couple from long range.......nothing wrong with that if you can do it and believe me she can........still if she wants to be more then a slasher she needs to continue working on her outside game..........for a 2019 recruit she is way ahead of most of her peers and could probably contribute at a college level right now..........sky's the limit from what I have seen

Reaction Score
Found a clip from last year; Also saw on HoopGurlz she is ranked 20 overall and 4th in her position for the 2019 class.
Charliebball I agree with you 100% she is an awesome talent with great potential but will need to develop the 3 to keep defense honest. I would love to see her in a Uconn uniform

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Taylor's a bit on the fiesty side which I view as a good thing..she's going to be a big time player, one of the smoothest, most agile guards I've seen in a long time....she will absolutely play for a top 20 WBB program, only time will tell if she gets a UConn offer

My friend from eastern Long Island loves Taylor and echoes your sentiment that there's a good fire there. He -- like Coach Bill -- also believe Lauren Hansen of Ward Melville is a rising PG of that class. Hansen plays in the same HS league as Danielle Cosgrove's Sachem East team. Hansen already drawing lots of interest from Big1G and SEC teams despite not playing her frosh year.

Reaction Score
would be nice to see but I can't see Sammy going anywhere but Uconn. They seem to be trying to get a lot of height. I know I'm late but I really love Watson out of Jersey I had the chance to watch her play and I can tell you with confidence she is a program changer! she does a lot of the little things you only see in mens basketball for example her physicality. She would be on the top of my recruiting list

Reaction Score
would be nice to see but I can't see Sammy going anywhere but Uconn. They seem to be trying to get a lot of height. I know I'm late but I really love Watson out of Jersey I had the chance to watch her play and I can tell you with confidence she is a program changer! she does a lot of the little things you only see in mens basketball for example her physicality. She would be on the top of my recruiting list

she's on the UConn list........ as you probably know she visited the school recently.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Now just 21 games into her high school career, Watson is showing why she’s been so highly touted. At 6-foot-3, she already commands a ton of respect, but she’s averaging 16.2 points, 8 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 1.2 steals to build her resume.

“What’s rare about her is the body control, the coordination and the athleticism for somebody her size,” Mainland coach Scott Betson said. “She’s a kid that can step out and shoot too, she’s best in transition, but she can also go inside and use her body. I think that’s what makes her so difficult for opposing teams to try and get a hold of because she is multiple.”

Girls' hoops: News, notes from South Jersey

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding Celeste, how have we done with recruiting guards from Long Island. Has that worked out? ;)

Reaction Score
Williams, Brunelle and Taylor. Don't we already have Collier(TX)? Cosgrove?

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Williams, Brunelle and Taylor. Don't we already have Collier(TX)? Cosgrove?

UConn has Collier committed.
Cosgrove is uncommitted. Not sure UConn has further interest based on lack of input on the board recently. Coach McGraw of the Fighting Irish dropped by to watch her play in January before a game at Boston College.
(Forward Danielle Patterson, incoming NC class of 2017, is a Brooklyn native who goes to school in Queens, so MM took a trip further east to Suffolk to see Danielle C.)

Will be interesting to see what happens in March once the evaluation period (no direct "facr to face" contact with prospects/parents) is over, given how many game-watching expeditions coaches have taken.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We recruited a true Badass from Doylestown. I believe she has 3 NCAA rings. Hopefully, the Doylestown connection--and Geno's Norristown/West Chester connection--will help.
Meghan Pattyson Culmo is also from Doylestown, PA so Geno has the area pretty much on lock!

Reaction Score
Yikes River................we hardly even got to know ya!! Must not like Italian food or cold weather.................

NEB Media ‏@neb_media 58m58 minutes ago
'19 C, River Baldwin (Pleasant Home HS | Flight Silver), has verbally committed to Sue Semrau and Florida State.

River Baldwin (6-5, center, 2019, Pleasant Home (AL) High School) made an oral commitment to Florida State University after its home victory this Saturday (February 18). Other schools considered included Connecticut, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee. Baldwin is #22 in the most recent ESPN HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings for the class of 2019.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom