2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It's clear Brunelle is a priority in the 2019 class or at least high interest.

Reaction Score
looks like the locals are giving him some personal space.....

I can only imagine what he has to deal with when he is scouting. From the fans wanting an autograph or a picture, to the overbearing and delusional parents, that think their kid who is averaging 1.3 pts a game at the JV level is UConn material.

Reaction Score
UConn tends to get the #1 player every other year (nice spacing), and 2019 is a UConn year, so, if she's POY, and she may well be, just pencil her in. She and Charli would be awesomely complementary.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine what he has to deal with when he is scouting. From the fans wanting an autograph or a picture, to the overbearing and delusional parents, that think their kid who is averaging 1.3 pts a game at the JV level is UConn material.

No doubt.............I was at a tournament where CD was scouting last week and she was certainly recognized and a number of fans/parents did speak with her..............from what I could see she was very welcoming to everyone

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn tends to get the #1 player every other year (nice spacing), and 2019 is a UConn year, so, if she's POY, and she may well be, just pencil her in. She and Charli would be awesomely complementary.
Charli may still be #1 in 2018, so I'm ok with 3 years in a row.

Over the past 10-12 years:

Tina 2006
Maya 2007
Elena 2008
Kaleena 2011
Stewie 2012
Lou 2015
Meg 2017
Charli 2018 (maybe #1)
Sam 2019

(Mo could have been #1 if not for Stewie's exceptional attributes, and Crystal was #1 among players under 6'3".)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Charli may still be #1 in 2018, so I'm ok with 3 years in a row.

Over the past 10-12 years:

Tina 2006
Maya 2007
Elena 2008
Kaleena 2011
Stewie 2012
Lou 2015
Meg 2017
Charli 2018 (maybe #1)
Sam 2019

(Mo could have been #1 if not for Stewie's exceptional attributes, and Crystal was #1 among players under 6'3".)

Wow. That's so impressive.

UConn doesn't get ALL of the best talent, but they get most of it. Of the few "elite of the elite" level athletes in each class, at least 1 always ends up in Connecticut. Combine that with Geno and you have what we have today.. #1 in 2018 is going to be a nice race between Nelson-Ododa, Williams, Smith and Collier. I think Williams ends up in Storrs.. I feel good that Nelson-Ododa won't and I would be surprised if Smith leaves Texas. FWIW, I think Smith is the most complete player in the class... I think she could be the next transcendent talent. She's THAT good to me.

Reaction Score
Wow. That's so impressive.

UConn doesn't get ALL of the best talent, but they get most of it. Of the few "elite of the elite" level athletes in each class, at least 1 always ends up in Connecticut. Combine that with Geno and you have what we have today.. #1 in 2018 is going to be a nice race between Nelson-Ododa, Williams, Smith and Collier. I think Williams ends up in Storrs.. I feel good that Nelson-Ododa won't and I would be surprised if Smith leaves Texas. FWIW, I think Smith is the most complete player in the class... I think she could be the next transcendent talent. She's THAT good to me.
Who are her recruiting favorites or alternatively which school do you think Nelson-Ododa will sign with?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who are her recruiting favorites or alternatively which school do you think Nelson-Ododa will sign with?
ONO is a Georgia season ticket holder and has been since she was 14-going on 3 seasons now.

Reaction Score
ONO is a Georgia season ticket holder and has been since she was 14-going on 3 seasons now.

I don't care if her family owns the concession rights to the University of Georgia college arena......I find it hard to believe that she would join such a middling program unless they are bringing in other high end recruits to join her..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't care if her family owns the concession rights to the University of Georgia college arena.I find it hard to believe that she would join such a middling program unless they are bringing in other high end recruits to join her.....
Or she may be that kind of kid that wants to stay at home close to family.

Reaction Score
Or she may be that kind of kid that wants to stay at home close to family.

that's true we have no way of knowing that...........she doesn't say all that much on twitter............ she has and will continue to play in international competitions and national AAU tournaments...........usually those who see the world this way are more open to playing away from home........we know she is extremely competitive and wants to develop her game............nothing against Georgia but there are a few other schools that might be a better choice if that is her goal

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/4

Brunelle had 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists in a loss Saturday according to her coach.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Her parents have connections to UGA and she's been going to their games for years. Joni Mitchell-Taylor has a good thing going at Georgia.. they just brought in a top 10 class and she's selling recruits on closing the border and staying home (an effective recruiting strategy that builds off of that Southern state pride and it's the exact strategy Dawn used to build at SC). I'm not a betting man.. but UGA is in the hunt here I think. Aside from UGA, Tennessee and SC are also recruiting her heavily and all three have offered and will likely get unofficial visits. And I'm sure the bluebloods (UConn, ND, Maryland etc.) are looking at her as well.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't care if her family owns the concession rights to the University of Georgia college arena.I find it hard to believe that she would join such a middling program unless they are bringing in other high end recruits to join her.....

They're not world beaters, yet.... but Joni is building a very solid program in Athens. She's young (so she'll be around for awhile), Southern (so she relates to her recruits culturally), learned from Andy Landers (his resume speaks for itself) and she's coaching a Georgia program that's not exactly bottom of the barrel... they actually have a little tradition in WCBB.

I'm not discounting Georgia AT ALL in the hunt for Nelson-Ododa.. I think they have a shot at her. Remember, people initially didn't take SC seriously in the hunt for A'ja Wilson either until it got late and SC was one of the few still remaining for her services.. Joni is following the exact same model that Dawn constructed at SC..

And Georgia has good players already and more on the horizon... they have a sophomore, Caliya Robinson, that's probably one of the best sophomores in the SEC and will be a force by her senior year (Olivia's freshmen year)... and their 2017 recruiting class is VERY good.. they have two very good guards in Morrison and Connally that ESPN rated 5-stars and they also have Maya Caldwell, a big time scoring wing that SC was interested in and that I think is flying under the radar. Those are good players..

Reaction Score
They're not world beaters, yet.... but Joni is building a very solid program in Athens. She's young (so she'll be around for awhile), Southern (so she relates to her recruits culturally), learned from Andy Landers (his resume speaks for itself) and she's coaching a Georgia program that's not exactly bottom of the barrel... they actually have a little tradition in WCBB.

And Georgia has good players already and more on the horizon... they have a sophomore, Caliya Robinson, that's probably one of the best sophomores in the SEC and will be a force by her senior year (Olivia's freshmen year)... and their 2017 recruiting class is VERY good.. they have two very good guards in Morrison and Connally that ESPN rated 5-stars and they also have Maya Caldwell, a big time scoring wing that SC was interested in and that I think is flying under the radar. Those are good players..

I stand corrected.................you've done a great job convincing me why she might very well stay...................but I still think she'll escape the state of Georgia in the end!!!!!:D

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I stand corrected.......you've done a great job convincing me why she might very well stay....but I still think she'll escape the state of Georgia in the end!!!!!:D

I'm hoping she decides to jump the eastern border and head east on I-20. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom