2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 185 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t read too much into it. And I only saying that because then I could throw out that Jones has gone up go have lunch with memebers of the Stanford basketball team on numerous occasions. All this means is that she is very interested in both Stanford and in UConn.

Very fair enough. Will also point out that if everything goes to plan, Jones is also interested enough in Notre Dame to hop in a plane and take her official visit Notre Dame this weekend for a football weekend. Ironically, the opponent: Stanford.
ND coaches have also visited the Jones household and her high school (both games and "open houses").

Uncommitted Top 100 players finalist list includes:

Louisville - 9T
South Carolina - 7
Ohio State - 6
Miss State - 5
UConn - 4
Oregon - 4
Tennessee - 3
Notre Dame - 3

To the best of my knowledge and others on The Bench, Laeticia Amihere is (still) scheduled to come to ND this weekend, as well. If so, the three players represented on Charlie's list - Jones, Amihere and Aliyah Boston -- will have taken their OVs to ND.

Not aware of when any more of Ms. Jones visits to other finalists, including UConn and Stanford, are scheduled, although in the case of the Cardinal, that school seems well-covered/investigated due to proximity.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very fair enough. Will also point out that if everything goes to plan, Jones is also interested enough in Notre Dame to hop in a plane and take her official visit Notre Dame this weekend for a football weekend. Ironically, the opponent: Stanford.
ND coaches have also visited the Jones household and her high school (both games and "open houses").

To the best of my knowledge and others on The Bench, Laeticia Amihere is (still) scheduled to come to ND this weekend, as well. If so, the three players represented on Charlie's list - Jones, Amihere and Aliyah Boston -- will have taken their OVs to ND.

Not aware of when any more of Ms. Jones visits to other finalists, including UConn and Stanford, are scheduled, although in the case of the Cardinal, that school seems well-covered/investigated due to proximity.
:mad:;)
Green Font. Really?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
:mad:;)
Green Font. Really?

Guess I'm even more tied to the school that I thought :rolleyes:;)

When I respond to double quotes or have a lot of names in a post, I'll highlight on occasion, usually using blue. But now that you've brought it up, there's UConn blue and Stanford red, so what the heck?

BTW, I'm pretty well convinced Ms. Jones will end up at one of those schools/in one of those three colors. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess I'm even more tied to the school that I thought :rolleyes:;)

When I respond to double quotes or have a lot of names in a post, I'll highlight on occasion, usually using blue. But now that you've brought it up, there's UConn blue and Stanford red, so what the heck?

BTW, I'm pretty well convinced Ms. Jones will end up at one of those schools/in one of those three colors. :D

Better than Tenn Orange. I suppose.;)

Reaction Score
I hate to be negative, but I have a bad feeling about this year's recruiting. I think Boston will choose ND, Jones will pick Stanford, Horston will end up at Tennessee or SC, and Griffin is the only recruit to choose UConn.

Reaction Score
I hate to be negative, but I have a bad feeling about this year's recruiting. I think Boston will choose ND, Jones will pick Stanford, Horston will end up at Tennessee or SC, and Griffin is the only recruit to choose UConn.
Hey - chill, have a beer, and trust the process. Geno is going to haul in a killer recruiting class this year :cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star has re-ordered their 2019 class. (Edit: 2020 class)

They're the 3rd service to place Paige Bueckers #1 overall.

Cameron Brink moves from the low teens to #5.

Hailey Van Lith up to #6 from her previous #12.

Kylee Watson drops from 1st to 9th.

The top 20:

1-Bueckers
2-Cardosa
3-Clark
4-Reese
5-Brink
6-Van Lith
7-Andrews
8-Parrish
9-Watson
10-Marshall
11-Merritt
12-PaoPao
13-Goforth
14-Poole
15-Campbell
16-Hunt
17-Scherr
18-Gaston
19-Eaton
20-Hutcherson

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Blue Star has re-ordered their 2019 class.

They're the 3rd service to place Paige Bueckers #1 overall.

Cameron Brink moves from the low teens to #5.

Hailey Van Lith up to #6 from her previous #12.

Kylee Watson drops from 1st to 9th.

The top 20:

1-Bueckers
2-Cardosa
3-Clark
4-Reese
5-Brink
6-Van Lith
7-Andrews
8-Parrish
9-Watson
10-Marshall
11-Merritt
12-PaoPao
13-Goforth
14-Poole
15-Campbell
16-Hunt
17-Scherr
18-Gaston
19-Eaton
20-Hutcherson
This is the 2020 group. Did they also re-order 2019?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That was you the last time doubting on Meg, then this year doubting UConn would get any big recruit, correct?

I'm feeling kinda good now.
No.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know it gets just a little bit stressful when UConn’s success or failure in recruiting comes down to a handful of top recruits who typically do not declare where they are headed until the 2 week signing period in November.

Last year was pure agony with Charli Collier decommitting and no other signed players in the fold. But at the 11th hour, the Huskies secured NLI’s from 2 incredibly talented young ladies and all was well in Storrs.

There are options of course. Geno can start securing commitments from 2nd tier players early on, as some have suggested, and then hope to also sign blue chippers later on, but this creates several potential problems.

Signing 2nd tier players might actually chase away the blue chippers. If everybody does come, there will be inevitable problems with PT and subsequent transfers, and UConn will become just another Baylor, TX or MD that signs more players then can possibly secure playing time, thereby diminishing UConn’s reputation and ultimately leading to mediocrity.

UConn is UConn precisely because they are extremely selective in recruiting the very best talent. To paraphrase a recruiting line from another elite group of individuals: “We’re looking for a few good women.”

So long as UConn is at the very top of WBB, we the fans are just going to have to sweat it out, bite our nails and take a Maalox or two. That’s just the way it is.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have never read about so many nervous nellies in all my life. A string of #1 recruits and #1 at their position year after year and still the doom and gloom.

giphy.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The reason every year I'm not worried is more than "In Geno we trust". It's that every year, when even the most recalcitrant, hesitant, or undecided recruit comes to Storrs they see that wall in the gym. You know, this one?

IMG_5169.jpg

When they see all the championships, all the players that are currently in the WNBA, and they realize there is no other place like this, well, it speaks to the most doubtful. Also this year they get to speak to the current college woman who was a final cut for the World Cup Team, and another who also would have been a final cut.

Guys, UConn gets 4 of the 5 they want this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The reason every year I'm not worried is more than "In Geno we trust". It's that every year, when even the most recalcitrant, hesitant, or undecided recruit comes to Storrs they see that wall in the gym. You know, this one?

IMG_5169.jpg

When they see all the championships, all the players that are currently in the WNBA, and they realize there is no other place like this, well, it speaks to the most doubtful. Also this year they get to speak to the current college woman who was a final cut for the World Cup Team, and another who also would have been a final cut.

And that is just the men's side of the wall :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

IMG_5169.jpg

that's almost always been the case.......... just not totally sold on it for this particular group............hoping for the best............BTW it's only four now that Amihere seems to be out of the picture

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom