2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 187 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Perhaps old news, but confirmation from the Worldwide Leader on the dates for Boston's last two official visits

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Aliyah's college decision is pending. She has already visited Notre Dame and Ohio State and will tour South Carolina's campus Oct. 25-28. Connecticut will get the last word and will try to close the deal Nov. 1-4.

Boston, an A/B student who has enjoyed learning Spanish, is interested in studying communications, and she knows exactly what she is looking for in a school.

"Since I left St. Thomas when I was 12, family atmosphere is the main thing I'm looking for in a college program," Boston said. "Every college coach talks about it, but you can always tell when it's real."

Reaction Score
Perhaps old news, but confirmation from the Worldwide Leader on the dates for Boston's last two official visits

Reading the espn article it states Boston will travel home for high school tournament 11/17 to 11/23 . Seems that is same time UCOnn will be there for Paradise Jam. She could announce with Geno.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Aliyah's college decision is pending. She has already visited Notre Dame and Ohio State and will tour South Carolina's campus Oct. 25-28. Connecticut will get the last word and will try to close the deal Nov. 1-4." I can't wait 'til 11/17 -11/23. NCaa rules may get in the way of that?? Experts? Anyone?

Elite prospect Aliyah Boston strikes gold with USA Basketball after leaving paradise behind
I notice that also, unless something has changed NCAA official visits are limited to 48 Hours on campus. Friday to sunday usually so that would be Nov 2-4.

Reaction Score
Aliyah's college decision is pending. She has already visited Notre Dame and Ohio State and will tour South Carolina's campus Oct. 25-28. Connecticut will get the last word and will try to close the deal Nov. 1-4.

Boston, an A/B student who has enjoyed learning Spanish, is interested in studying communications, and she knows exactly what she is looking for in a school.

"Since I left St. Thomas when I was 12, family atmosphere is the main thing I'm looking for in a college program," Boston said. "Every college coach talks about it, but you can always tell when it's real."
Boston is perfect for UConn and UConn perfect for her. You look at all the past Huskies playing in the pros and the coaching they received put a lot of money in their pockets.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Boston is perfect for UConn and UConn perfect for her. You look at all the past Huskies playing in the pros and the coaching they received put a lot of money in their pockets.

While I was doing some surfing on the net, I came across this article on Aliyah Boston. One particular passage got my attention: The Worcester team (Boston's HS basketball team) will travel to St. Thomas Nov. 17-23. Aliyah's parents of course will be there. Boston plans to sign with her national letter of intent during her trip home. This year's early signing period for Division I college basketball is Nov. 14-21.

Then it dawned on me, the UConn women's basketball team will also be in St. Thomas Nov 20-24 for the Paradise Jam Tournament. What a coincidence. The dates over lap. You know their paths will cross on several occasions during that time. An assistant coach (Geno if their game times don't clash) from UConn will attend all of her games, and if her schedule permits, she will attend as many of UConn's games as she can.

What a "fortuitous" and final opportunity for Geno and staff to "close the deal" with Aliyah and her parents. Remember: Boston plans to sign with her national letter of intent during her trip home, right after spending 4 days in a small city with UConn. Keeping our fingers crossed, keeping hope alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
While I was doing some surfing on the net, I came across this article on Aliyah Boston. One particular passage got my attention: The Worcester team (Boston's HS basketball team) will travel to St. Thomas Nov. 17-23. Aliyah's parents of course will be there. Boston plans to sign with her national letter of intent during her trip home. This year's early signing period for Division I college basketball is Nov. 14-21.

Then it dawned on me, the UConn women's basketball team will also be in St. Thomas Nov 20-24 for the Paradise Jam Tournament. What a coincidence. The dates over lap. You know their paths will cross on several occasions during that time. An assistant coach (Geno if their game times don't clash) from UConn will attend her games, and if her schedule permits, she will watch as many UConn's games as she can.

What a "fortuitous" and final opportunity for Geno and staff to "close the deal" with Aliyah and her parents. Remember: Boston plans to sign with her national letter of intent during her trip home, right after spending 4 days in a small city with UConn. Keeping our fingers crossed, keeping hope alive.

Hmm. I wonder if she already knows it's UConn and planning the event that thevtop kids enjoy these days....She could sign at half time of a UConn game...

Carnac

Reaction Score
Hmm. I wonder if she already knows it's UConn and planning the event that thevtop kids enjoy these days....She could sign at half time of a UConn game...

You're right. Her parents will be there. You know she would want them to be at her reveal, and be part of the announcement. How nice would it be to make her announcement during half-time of a UConn game, and have all of her teammates join in the announcement and celebration?

She could sign the LOI on the spot, then UConn could issue a press release announcing her signing.
Once the ink was dry, Geno could also talk to the news media about her signing. Maybe UConn would have some sort of private celebration afterwards for players (both teams), coaches, families, etc. I can't think of a better scenario. That would be one heck of a road trip. Sweep the the 3 game tournament and bag a coveted recruit. Sweet!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
A bit more Hailey Van Lith video........some of this might be a repeat of earlier video but not sure..........either way fun to watch and think what damage she could do as a UConn player

Reaction Score

Then it dawned on me, the UConn women's basketball team will also be in St. Thomas Nov 20-24 for the Paradise Jam Tournament. What a coincidence. The dates over lap. You know their paths will cross on several occasions during that time. An assistant coach (Geno if their game times don't clash) from UConn will attend her games, and if her schedule permits, she will watch as many UConn's games as she can.

Hope you are correct. I go back to watching Geno in high school and for some unknown reason, feel Boston is one of those recruits that will take UConn to NCAA's as well as help her grow to pros.

Carnac

Reaction Score
And here I thought I the correct way to sign one's LOI was on the hood of a car...

Signing a LOI on the hood of a car is "A" way, not the only way. If I'm Geno, I'll take her LOI any way she wants to give it to me!!! ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A bit more Hailey Van Lith video...some of this might be a repeat of earlier video but not sure.....either way fun to watch and think what damage she could do as a UConn player

First time posted. More extended video from the Jamal Crawford invitation event in Seattle. If UConn does not get Horston I have to believe the fullcourt press will be on for Van Lith to go along with Bueckers. Leilani Kapinus is intriguing too but not certain she's a guard long term.

Reaction Score

I believe she is going to do that. As a virgin islander I will be happy if she does. She will be our female "Tim Duncan" and our local media will constantly follow up on her.

Reaction Score
I prefer they announce their commitment to UConn, on Twitter. Just a few days after their official visit :rolleyes:
Sorry, but as a virgin islander, I prefer her to do it HERE . In our paradise!

Reaction Score
Sorry, but as a virgin islander, I prefer for her to do it HERE. In our paradise ! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom