2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 183 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Haven't seen any evidence UConn is recruiting her in about a year and a half.

I really don't know whether UConn has current interest but I do know she's fallen in the rankings this past year mostly due to a lack of aggression..............I've seen her in person several times and she actually was quite impressive...............

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Apparently, Luigi agrees.
At this point in time, I love Horston. She's just my kind of player. Paige is a better shooter, Horston plays better defense. But in between Horston does every thing else as well or better. She's as good a passer, a better rebounder, she faster and more athletic. But most of all she is so willing to do all the in between stuff. It's all about team to her. Anything to win. She's also so much fun to watch on both ends of the floor. There's a reason Carla had her on the floor more than anyone else. Your Magic comparison seems apt to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At this point in time, I love Horston. She's just my kind of player. Paige is a better shooter, Horston plays better defense. But in between Horston does every thing else as well or better. She's as good a passer, a better rebounder, she faster and more athletic. But most of all she is so willing to do all the in between stuff. It's all about team to her. Anything to win. She's also so much fun to watch on both ends of the floor. There's a reason Carla had her on the floor more than anyone else. Your Magic comparison seems apt to me.
I love Jordan Horston and want her too. Apparently Geno thinks that Bueckers is the best player around.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But in between Horston does every thing else as well or better. She's as good a passer

Admittedly, I've only seen Horston play with the U.S. team and in one game over the internet, but I'd question the passing claim. Horston certainly showed the ability to make some highlight-reel passes, but Bueckers' ability to make all the passes, routine and otherwise, is among the best I've ever seen in a player at any age.

Keep in mind when comparing them overall that Bueckers is a year behind Horston.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I love Jordan Horston and want her too. Apparently Geno thinks that Bueckers is the best player around.
I guess perhaps I'm among the minority here and around campus. I surely may be spit balling here, but I think Geno, like all of us, has been quite taken by surprise at the improvement of Horston over the last year and a half. I think also that Geno has had the opportunity to see Paige many more times than Horston, and that perhaps this has influenced his opinion. As it has many others.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Paige as a PG, and after Fudd she is on my most wanted list. I just love Horston more.

Reaction Score
Defense is often a great tie breaker (although would take any in this conversation). Seems like 99% of the posts focus on offense. Often we forget the defensive domination UConn has gotten through the years from players like MoJeff, Kia, and Stewie. A lot of good offensive players will be on other teams so UConn well served to also have an answer.

Reaction Score
I guess perhaps I'm among the minority here and around campus. I surely may be spit balling here, but I think Geno, like all of us, has been quite taken by surprise at the improvement of Horston over the last year and a half. I think also that Geno has had the opportunity to see Paige many more times than Horston, and that perhaps this has influenced his opinion. As it has many others.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Paige as a PG, and after Fudd she is on my most wanted list. I just love Horston more.
I think yours and Sluconns comments are enlightening as to these players. Better defense, more athletic might favor Horston and PB has become a known highly sought after prospect.
Not sure either of you are right or wrong as in many things it's in the eyes of the beholder. Like we used to argue Mays vs. Mantle.
I know nothing about any of this but what I read here. Based upon what Horston expressed in that interview a little while ago, U Conn would seem to be in good position.
PB has another year to go so lots can and will happen. Sure Geno and the coaching staff have done, are and will continue to do all they can to land PB, unless or until it's clear she's headed elsewhere.
So much will play out over the next weeks and months until verbal and then signing period begins and ends.
As anxiety producing as editing for the season to begin and see where all the players are developmentally.
Bronx23

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Why is that? ND lean?

Haven't seen any evidence UConn is recruiting her in about a year and a half.

I really don't know whether UConn has current interest but I do know she's fallen in the rankings this past year mostly due to a lack of aggression....I've seen her in person several times and she actually was quite impressive.....

Watson has seemingly dropped off ND's radar, as well.

I have not seen her play as much as Charlie, but I was impressed with rebounding, defense and paint presence last year when I did see her. She'll help a P5-type program somewhere.

Maybe ND and UConn have found other prospects they're more interested in..on the other hand, maybe what happens in 2019 (or does not) could make for (re)opened files. Probably not, but stay tuned...

Reaction Score
Watson has seemingly dropped off ND's radar, as well.

I have not seen her play as much as Charlie, but I was impressed with rebounding, defense and paint presence last year when I did see her. She'll help a P5-type program somewhere.

Maybe ND and UConn have found other prospects they're more interested in..on the other hand, maybe what happens in 2019 (or does not) could make for (re)opened files. Probably not, but stay tuned...

I'm looking for her to rebound literally and figuratively this coming season............frankly she was over ranked a couple of years ago but she is going to make some university very happy...........in my opinion she's vastly superior to Faith Masonius whose going to Maryland so she's certainly capable of playing for a top ten team.........

Reaction Score
Apparently, Luigi agrees.[/QUO
Although I tend to shy away from player comparisons, if Paige is Diana redux (and I agree that she is), then Jordan Horston is the second coming of Tamika Catchings. If memory serves me, TC is Geno's favorite non-UConn player, and his biggest regret for not recruiting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stanford, Notre Dame and South Carolina visited Haley last week at school. Geno and Chris with the home visit.
And meeting the family again. I'm feeling good about this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom