2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 175 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I read somewhere Hailey Van Lith updated her “schools” page on prospects nation. I am not a member so I’m not sure the schools.

A couple days ago, somebody on an Oregon St. blog claimed she's down to UConn and OSU, but I haven't seen that verified anywhere else.

Reaction Score
A couple days ago, somebody on an Oregon St. blog claimed she's down to UConn and OSU, but I haven't seen that verified anywhere else.

I had a feeling it might come down to that choice........

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe UConn should do it: "Check out how you look in this" could be pretty powerful. Maybe they do it and just don't photograph it. Maybe they don't do it because sometimes they might not want to offer a scholarship after the coaches debrief following the visit.
Actually I disagree. UCONN is the premier WCBB college bar none. You want to get into a UCONN jersey that you can't buy at the gift shop? Then commit to UCONN.

When you are the best, act like the best. And why not continue to create an "aura with mystique" atmosphere around the UCONN program? You want fluff? Go to ND, Baylor, Texas, L'ville, or any other school that wants to "lure" you in with whatever gimmick they can. You want the best, then when you commit to UCONN, you will be allowed to wear official uniforms. Not a second before...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually I disagree. UCONN is the premier WCBB college bar none. You want to get into a UCONN jersey that you can't buy at the gift shop? Then commit to UCONN.

When you are the best, act like the best. And why not continue to create an "aura with mystique" atmosphere around the UCONN program? You want fluff? Go to ND, Texas, or any other school that wants to "lure" you in with whatever gimmick they can. You want the best, then when you commit to UCONN, you will be allowed to wear official uniforms. Not a second before...
Well it would appear Geno agrees with you (but I'm still lobbying :p )

Reaction Score
I say come to UConn Hailey Van Lith. She is small but so was Renee Montgomery, Lauren Dixon, MoJeff, and Danger. All great UConn players.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
OK @JC95, I'm convinced. This is absolute proof that Boston has chosen ND. I'm sure the secret trifecta verbal (Boston-Horston-Jones) has already happened. We're DOOMED!
You have no IDEA how correct you are.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
she plays OK against other women too:

Thanks for passing along, I think.....That is one intense glare.....:eek:

On the other hand, her intensity is one of her strongest attributes, so that kind of look should be anticipated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I say come to UConn Hailey Van Lith. She is small but so was Renee Montgomery, Lauren Dixon, MoJeff, and Danger. All great UConn players.

Van Lith is short but that's where the physical similarities with Dixon, Jefferson, and to a lesser extent Dangerfield end. Van Lith is built like a linebacker and plays with the ferocity of one.

Reaction Score
Thanks for passing along, I think.....That is one intense glare.....:eek:

On the other hand, her intensity is one of her strongest attributes, so that kind of look should be anticipated.

she's one nasty piece of work.............and I mean that in the best possible way.............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
USAB lists her as 5'9". I'm not sure she is all of that, but she's much taller than Crystal and stronger than Moriah. HoopGurl lists her at 5'7".

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Van Lith is short but that's where the physical similarities with Dixon, Jefferson, and to a lesser extent Dangerfield end. Van Lith is built like a linebacker and plays with the ferocity of one.

Maybe more like Arike? - strong legs, great balance and short-area quickness. Arike is listed at 5'8. Different playing style maybe, but I think the physicality is similar.

Reaction Score
USAB lists her as 5'9". I'm not sure she is all of that, but she's much taller than Crystal and stronger than Moriah. HoopGurl lists her at 5'7".
Right. She's about Sue's height, taller than Crystal & Moriah and MUCH bigger - probably has 30 pounds on Sue. I've seen her up close. Very strong lower body - guards aren't going to move her around.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe more like Arike? - strong legs, great balance and short-area quickness. Arike is listed at 5'8. Different playing style maybe, but I think the physicality is similar.

Probably about as good a comparison as I could come up with.

Reaction Score
I understand that Hailey Van Lith likes UConn. I hope she likes it enough to leave the Pacific Northwest.
Rueck was the only big-time coach at the game I saw her play in Phoenix this year. (Charli Turner-Thorne was there too, but it's not exactly like she had to go out of her way.)

Reaction Score
I understand that Hailey Van Lith likes UConn. I hope she likes it enough to leave the Pacific Northwest.
If she looks at the all Americans that have come through UCONN and one of the best to ever play in Sue Bird then distance should not be a issue if she wants to be coached by Geno and the best program ..then it should be a easy choice .. but then again anything can happen.. does anyone have confirmation on her final list of schools. If they sign Hailey Van Lith then Buckners is no way coming to UCONN and they will lose out on Fudd. This recruiting is going to get very interesting come November

Reaction Score
If she looks at the all Americans that have come through UCONN and one of the best to ever play in Sue Bird then distance should not be a issue if she wants to be coached by Geno and the best program ..then it should be a easy choice .. but then again anything can happen.. does anyone have confirmation on her final list of schools. If they sign Hailey Van Lith then Buckners is no way coming to UCONN and they will lose out on Fudd. This recruiting is going to get very interesting come November
Bueckers and Fudd are both better than Hailey Van Lith and they probably know it.

Reaction Score
Bueckers and Fudd are both better than Hailey Van Lith and they probably know it.
And your point is?? Geno isn’t going to pass on Hailey Van Lith thinking he’s going to get Buckners or Fudd.. to much of a risk to get none of those players .. a major gamble

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom