2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 168 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Her skills and ball control are off the charts. Her anticipation is elite and the game slows down for her because she's able to take a visual picture of the floor as soon as the ball touches her hands. Very rare to see at that age.
"Usually" very rare at this age, but that class 2020 has 4 PGs (Clark, Van Lith, Bueckers & Andrews) who fit your description exactly. 2021 is not shaping up badly either with Fudd , Miles, and Rivers.

Reaction Score
"Usually" very rare at this age, but that class 2020 has 4 PGs (Clark, Van Lith, Bueckers & Andrews) who fit your description exactly. 2021 is not shaping up badly either with Fudd , Miles, and Rivers.
I agree. Haven't seen much if any of Clark but this kid seems a little stronger on the ball and physically than Bueckers. I like Van Lith but to me Andrews seems faster and more explosive getting to her spots which allows her to find those seams and passing lanes faster. With the 2021s I'll have to research Miles and Rivers a little but Fudd is a freak. She could obviously play PG with those skills but I think she could be an automatic 20 - 25 a game scorer playing off the ball, even playing unselfishly in UConn's offense. Will have to watch how she develops.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Is anyone able to read this premium content? Wondering who Aubrey Griffin’s 2 schools are.

Attachments

• A40352E8-87C3-454F-83CF-2240A4DEBF54.png
    A40352E8-87C3-454F-83CF-2240A4DEBF54.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 81

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is anyone able to read this premium content? Wondering who Aubrey Griffin’s 2 schools are.
Aubrey retweeted on July 4 that she was down to UL and UConn. When did she add the other 3 schools? Before or after July 4?

Reaction Score
UConn
Louisville

See cardinalcouple.blogspot.com/2018/06/aubrey-griffen-down -to-two-monday.htlm

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn
Louisville

See cardinalcouple.blogspot.com/2018/06/aubrey-griffen-down -to-two-monday.htlm
The url ends in html and that page is dated June 25.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aubrey retweeted on July 4 that she was down to UL and UConn. When did she add the other 3 schools? Before or after July 4?

Shortly after that June 25 article on ESPN where it said she was down to two schools, there was a follow up from somewhere that I can’t locate, that suggested 3 other schools were being considered. I only remember S. Carolina being one of them. I believe the additional schools came out after she got the elusive UConn offer. Hence my question which 2.
Before July 6th.
Louisville target Aubrey Griffin puts on a show after making an unofficial visit to campus earlier in the week

"A recent story on ESPN said Griffin had narrowed her choices to U of L and Connecticut, but she said North Carolina, Mississippi State and South Carolina are also in the mix. UConn is the only one of the five that has not offered a scholarship."

UCONN offered after the Run for the Roses Around July 7th?

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
The url ends in html and that page is dated June 25.

Shortly after that June 25 article on ESPN where it said she was down to two schools, there was a follow up from somewhere that I can’t locate, that suggested 3 other schools were being considered. I only remember S. Carolina being one of them. I believe the additional schools came out after she got the elusive UConn offer. Hence my question which 2.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
So...does anyone know the 2 schools? One would think it is Uof L and UCONN. Mostly I want to know if I need to keep my eye on raoul’s Twitter feed for more back and forth. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So...does anyone know the 2 schools? One would think it is Uof L and UCONN. Mostly I want to know if I need to keep my eye on raoul’s Twitter feed for more back and forth. ;)
A date of 25 June for the @Stoli link would make that information outdated because it would have been based on the ESPN article.

Reaction Score
As far as I know, all 5 are in the mix still. I am not sure how close Aubrey and Andra are, but don’t be shocked for Andra to try to pull her to Mississippi State. Andra does seem to love it there. Not sure how that will all pan out, but they seem to be a contender. They also are in for a lot of top talent with only two schollies open.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if it's not UL and UConn. Jeff has been recruiting her a long time, but her dad said UConn was her dream school. She added those other 3 schools to her list before UConn offered. Geno had not seen her play since her injury, and she impressed with two 40-point games. He offered immediately after that. I think UConn leads, but UL is possible. Maybe Aubrey is waiting to see where Jones and Horston choose.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I have a strange bit of optimism concerning Aubrey's decision. If UCONN is one of the final two, Geno is in line, potentially, for a nice player with a significant upside. If the Huskies are not, there isn't room in the inn.

Reaction Score
that gets back to my question....is this wishful thinking on her part, real mutual interest or better yet has an actual UConn offer been made?

I am almost positive an offer hasn't been made. UConn tends to wait until official visits to officially offer a scholly. Geno likes to get the kids on campus, meet the team, meet the academic support staff, etc. before an offer is made. Just because she doesn't have an offer doesn't mean that UConn isn't actively recruiting her. With her attending same school as Odyssey Sims (MacArhur High School in Irving) you have to think Baylor may have the inside track.

Reaction Score
I am almost positive an offer hasn't been made. UConn tends to wait until official visits to officially offer a scholly. Geno likes to get the kids on campus, meet the team, meet the academic support staff, etc. before an offer is made. Just because she doesn't have an offer doesn't mean that UConn isn't actively recruiting her. With her attending same school as Odyssey Sims (MacArhur High School in Irving) you have to think Baylor may have the inside track.

Agreed..............nice to know she's interested and that most likely UConn is too but with Texas recruits you have to assume the local schools usually have the inside track...........certainly worth a shot although a long shot at this point........

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So you're saying the truth is there's a final 3?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agreed....nice to know she's interested and that most likely UConn is too but with Texas recruits you have to assume the local schools usually have the inside track......certainly worth a shot although a long shot at this point...
Wouldn't it be great if UConn could finally persuade a top pg out of TX to head north to Storrs.....wait a minute....:cool:

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be great if UConn could finally persuade a top pg out of TX to head north to Storrs.....wait a minute....:cool:

just got to sneak one of those 5'6" guards out of there once every four years...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just to prove to everyone just how greedy I am: The whole time I was watching the Andrews highlight video I could help notice how many of the passes were to Gusters. Why break up a good thing? Send them both to UCONN!

Reaction Score
Just to prove to everyone just how greedy I am: The whole time I was watching the Andrews highlight video I could help notice how many of the passes were to Gusters. Why break up a good thing? Send them both to UCONN!

I don't know, Texas has a very strict quota system for five star recruits leaving the state.............allowing those two out might just be against the rules.............;)

Reaction Score

I mean Odyssey and her communicated and she mentioned in article of Odyssey being one of her favorite players.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
just got to sneak one of those 5'6" guards out of there once every four years......

ND was lucky enough to get Brianna Turner out of Pearland, Texas, in 2014 and the spiggot has been dry since. On the other hand, having a 5-star commit every so often isn't so bad (although I see no Lone Star possibilities for awhile for MM and Niele Ivey). ;)

Good luck with Andrews and/or Gusters...both look great!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Raoul_000
WBB: Here's the remaining official visit schedule for top-10 2019 prospect Jordan Horston, 6-1 G, Columbus Africentric HS (OH), who visited North Carolina and UCLA back in the spring: —this weekend: Tennessee —next weekend: South Carolina —weekend of Sept. 21: UConn

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
@Raoul_000
WBB: Here's the remaining official visit schedule for top-10 2019 prospect Jordan Horston, 6-1 G, Columbus Africentric HS (OH), who visited North Carolina and UCLA back in the spring: —this weekend: Tennessee —next weekend: South Carolina —weekend of Sept. 21: UConn
Horston looks like she plans to wrap up the entire process quickly at the beginning of her senior year of HS. I like that UConn is the last visit. Any good salesman will tell you they always prefer to be the last one to make their pitch to the customer, and Geno is a very good salesman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom