2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 135 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd love to see her development under Geno and staff, but man it'll really irk me to see her leave Columbus. (Only because I want to be able to watch her regularly. But doesn't seem like Gene Smith is changing the McGuff situation anytime soon.)
Geno had a super athlete in Gabby. How did that work out? ;)

Jordan remind me a little of TipHayes. Quick, quick, quick.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Will somebody tell me just how good or potentially good Boston is? Also, if Horston commits to Uconn, do you think that would keep Van Lith from committing to Uconn?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will somebody tell me just how good or potentially good Boston is? Also, if Horston commits to Uconn, do you think that would keep Van Lith from committing to Uconn?
I’ll take a crack at this, though others here know much better.

Boston is very good, but not at the Tina Charles level, at least on offense. She has AA and DPOY potential.

I think Van Lith and Horston can play together. I believe that Horston played on the wing for USA. Whether that would affect Van Lith (or Bueckers) is hard to say. Keep in mind that Taurasi chose to play with Bird. That worked out well (understatement!!). Both Horston and Van Lith are ankle-breakers, though their size and build are very different.

Reaction Score
I’ll take a crack at this, though others here know much better.

Boston is very good, but not at the Tina Charles level, at least on offense. She has AA and DPOY potential.

I think Van Lith and Horston can play together. I believe that Horston played on the wing for USA. Whether that would affect Van Lith (or Bueckers) is hard to say. Keep in mind that Taurasi chose to play with Bird. That worked out well (understatement!!). Both Horston and Van Lith are ankle-breakers, though their size and build are very different.

If one believes the talk that Bueckers is now leaning towards ND then having other point guards ahead of her is surely not a concern as they will have several..............as to Boston............I think she is still a work in progress but is already a dynamic low post presence at both ends of the floor, something UConn needs against some of the physically imposing bigs that are proliferating in WBB these days.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Boston's ends up having a career somewhere between Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams= 690-750 rebounds & 1350-1500 Points=5.5 RPG and 10 PPG.
If Boston really blew up she could have Barb Turner's career of 800 rebounds and over 1600 Points. She will never approach Tamika Williams FG accuracy though & I doubt that anyone ever will.
She will be playing with ONO for 3 years so that is not bad productivity. Asjha Jones was an Olympian and World Champion for the National Team. Outside of UCONN I could see Boston having a similar impact and numbers as Lauren Cox of Baylor in her first two seasons=11 PPG and 6.7 RPG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I've met her and she is taller than 5' 9". I think KML is a better comparison height wise but she is less built and more agile.

Remember that behind-the-scenes episode when KML was measured and she was shocked to find out she was under 5'10?

Look at the pic with her and Bueckers. Look at the shoulder difference and note that Bueckers is leaning over to get in the photo. Bueckers would have to be 6-1 or 6-2 for Fudd to be 5-11.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I've become a big fan. Boston is strong, physical, and smart. Dependable on offense and willing to branch out as was evidenced by her three-point makes this past season. But on defense she has a chance to be special. The strength and build to muscle up in the post, but what really stands out is her timing and IQ. You see players like Magbegor fly all over the place and assume they're great defensively. Boston is something different. Reminds me of Steph Dolson who became a great defender her last two years. Boston's a bit more athletic but she has similar footwork, smarts, and strength.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think Boston's ends up having a career somewhere between Asjha Jones and Tamika Williams= 690-750 rebounds & 1350-1500 Points=5.5 RPG and 10 PPG.
If Boston really blew up she could have Barb Turner's career of 800 rebounds and over 1600 Points. She will never approach Tamika Williams FG accuracy though & I doubt that anyone ever will.
She will be playing with ONO for 3 years so that is not bad productivity. Asjha Jones was an Olympian and World Champion for the National Team. Outside of UCONN I could see Boston having a similar impact and numbers as Lauren Cox of Baylor in her first two seasons=11 PPG and 6.7 RPG.
Thank you Coco, Sluconn, and Milford for your information.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Across Border Global Games took place today as mentioned above. No Amihere, obviously.

Canada upset the US behind Merissah Russell who scored 36. Jordan Horston was named MVP of the US squad and was reportedly terrific. Zia Cooke, Rickea Jackson, Sam Brunelle, Sydney Parrish, Treasure Hunt, and others also played in this one.

Broadcast below but you have to click on 'Watch this video on Youtube' to see it:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Horston had 27 points including numerous baskets in the 4th as the teams went back and forth.

Rickea Jackson with 23 points. Zia Cooke with 11, Sam Brunelle scored 5.

Reaction Score
ABGG-USA-UNDERCLASSMEN-2018.jpg

Reaction Score
Across Border Global Games took place today as mentioned above. No Amihere, obviously.

Canada upset the US behind Merissah Russell who scored 36. Jordan Horston was named MVP of the US squad and was reportedly terrific. Zia Cooke, Rickea Jackson, Sam Brunelle, Sydney Parrish, Treasure Hunt, and others also played in this one.

Broadcast below but you have to click on 'Watch this video on Youtube' to see it:

I don't love these all-star type games.........lot's of ugly basketball............Horston certainly showed her stuff

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't love these all-star type games....lot's of ugly basketball..Horston certainly showed her stuff

Notice they listed Horston as a wing and she wasn't in the backcourt when bringing the ball up from the little I've seen. I don't think she has a true position which is fine at UConn per se. Maybe she plays the 1, 2 and 3 at times.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
First 2+ minutes Horston runs the breaks perfectly with a great pass for a layup, plays a great defensive possession, and then buries a three after bringing the ball up the court.

Had a nifty shot off the dribble go in and out.

An end-to-end layup that included a ball fake and a drive around her defender.

She kinda reminds me of Mo Jefferson in many ways.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Horston makes a big-time block at 16:35 right under her own basket. Multi-dimensional and athletic with a good handle and developing shot. Can really pass too. Looks like a different player than she did with the U16 team.

Reaction Score
First 2+ minutes Horston runs the breaks perfectly with a great pass for a layup, plays a great defensive possession, and then buries a three after bringing the ball up the court.

Had a nifty shot off the dribble go in and out.

An end-to-end layup that included a ball fake and a drive around her defender.

She kinda reminds me of Mo Jefferson in many ways.

she has Mo's aggressiveness but not her handle............Horston sometimes dribbles a bit too high for my liking....................that works in high school, not sure it will work against a good college defender.......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Merissah Russell is Canada's #1 prospect in the c/o 2020. She just turned 16 and played on Canada's Sr National Team in the recent Commonwealth games in Australia. Canada's roster was not what we saw in last year's Americup and not what we'll see at the World Cup but still great experience for a 16-year-old. Team USA will see Russell at the U17 world championships later this summer.

Reaction Score
Merissah Russell is Canada's #1 prospect in the c/o 2020. She just turned 16 and played on Canada's Sr National Team in the recent Commonwealth games in Australia. Canada's roster was not what we saw in last year's Americup and not what we'll see at the World Cup but still great experience for a 16-year-old. Team USA will see Russell at the U17 world championships later this summer.

Louisville has been recruiting her for a while now............no surprise there

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Any inkling as to when Jones, Amihere, Boston and Horston announce their destinations?

Reaction Score

I know a lot can change but from this video and how close both are I think Fudd sadly is Notre Dames to lose. But like I said a lot can change .. these are young ladies with a lot to think about and a lot of choices to make down the road so who really knows. I personally think GENO goes after the players he truly knows he can get and not wait for the recruiting games.. we don’t want to end up paying the price in the end... UCONN needs to reload if they want to stay in contention for years to come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom