2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 134 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
USA Today devotes a long article to Azzi Fudd.

Meet Azzi Fudd, the 15-year-old who might be the nation's top girls basketball prospect
One sidenote: There's a photo of Fudd and Bueckers along with a couple other players out on the street together taken during their time together in DC. I think Fudd is noticeably smaller than her 5-11 listing. If Bueckers is 5-11 then Fudd is a couple inches inches shorter right now.
I never understand why some feel the need to backslide and start a whole new height controversy. It has been eye witnessed (by @MilfordHusky), document in a BY thread , and discussed repeatedly that:
Azzi seems to have a fairly wide shoulders. She looks trimmer than Kaleena during K's light period (sophomore year). She doesn't have the carriage or musculature of Maya, but Azzi is barely 15. She's (Azzi Fudd) taller than Bria Hartley. :) I've seen Azzi listed at 5'10" and 5'11". I'd say those are accurate. She's not 6', at least not yet.
Of course being taller than Bria Hartley is going to make Azzi a few ( may lees) inches shorter that Bueckers-duh.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The UConn players that Azzi is compared to most are Maya and Kaleena. She’s shorter than Maya. My guess is that she’s close to Kaleena’s 5’10-3/4” (my best guess on K). Recently, I saw Azzi listed at 5’9” and thought that was too short. We’ll get more info next season.

I vaguely recall that Azzi played flag football. I did not know that she ran the 4 x 400 at the Penn Relays. Impressive! Here’s something else that’s impressive: She’s not a 50-40-90 shooter; she’s a 50-50-90 shooter! And she’s a freshman.

Reaction Score
The UConn players that Azzi is compared to most are Maya and Kaleena. She’s shorter than Maya. My guess is that she’s close to Kaleena’s 5’10-3/4” (my best guess on K). Recently, I saw Azzi listed at 5’9” and thought that was too short. We’ll get more info next season.

I vaguely recall that Azzi played flag football. I did not know that she ran the 4 x 400 at the Penn Relays. Impressive! Here’s something else that’s impressive: She’s not a 50-40-90 shooter; she’s a 50-50-90 shooter! And she’s a freshman.
Azzi is a monster. I wouldn't say she's the crazy athlete that Maya was, but she's so consistent. Her jumpshot off the bounce is crazy good. She has the potential to be the next transcendent player, first one since Stewie

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Think 5'9 is pretty accurate.

DcmYftxW4AASzka.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting. Horston never mentioned UConn in any of her interviews about visits. Wonder if something changed.

yes it's called the realization that you have passed up on recruiting every other quality guard in the 2019 class

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
yes it's called the realization that you have passed up on recruiting every other quality guard in the 2019 class

Not sure that applies to this situation though because UConn was scouting Horston during the season. I kinda doubt they brushed a player of her caliber off only to go back to her after lesser players went elsewhere.

UConn was supposed to be in on Charisma Osborne (#11 PN) at one point too. She's still uncommitted.

Reaction Score
Not sure that applies to this situation though because UConn was scouting Horston during the season. I kinda doubt they brushed a player of her caliber off only to go back to her after lesser players went elsewhere.

UConn was supposed to be in on Charisma Osborne (#11 PN) at one point too. She's still uncommitted.

I was half joking....................Horston is far better then the three NJ guards that UConn passed on but it is interesting that we only have reports of them watching her fairly recently.................I've been back and forth on her in the past year but from all reports she seems to have gotten her act together and is playing more composed basketball these days............my early thoughts were that she would drive Geno crazy with her undisciplined play.............

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thoughts on Horston getting an offer/choosing UConn?

I'd love to see her development under Geno and staff, but man it'll really irk me to see her leave Columbus. (Only because I want to be able to watch her regularly. But doesn't seem like Gene Smith is changing the McGuff situation anytime soon.)

Reaction Score
I'd love to see her development under Geno and staff, but man it'll really irk me to see her leave Columbus. (Only because I want to be able to watch her regularly. But doesn't seem like Gene Smith is changing the McGuff situation anytime soon.)

I would rather see her develop under coaches who could bring out the best in her and help her expand her already excellent skillset. No offense but McGuff would just keep her in a rut not just offensively but DEFENSIVELY as well, and the same goes for Cooke and Bell.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would rather see her develop under coaches who could bring out the best in her and help her expand her already excellent skillset. No offense but McGuff would just keep her in a rut not just offensively but DEFENSIVELY as well, and the same goes for Cooke and Bell.

That's what I'm saying. Since Gene Smith isn't changing the coach, there is not point for any top Ohio player to go to OSU if they want to leave elevated.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've met her and she is taller than 5' 9". I think KML is a better comparison height wise but she is less built and more agile.
I’ve seen Azzi from about 20’ away. My best guess is 5’10” to 5’11”.

Azzi does not have a slender frame, but she’s thinner than Kaleena, except maybe during K’s sophomore year at UConn.

In terms of shooting, Azzi’s form appears to match her mother's. It’s sort of a cross between Maya and Kaleena. In terms of accuracy, Kaleena is the only prep player I’ve seen who was as good. Azzi is 15 and shoots like a 20-year-old. Like EDD and Stef Curry, Azzi is pushing the human limits for accurate shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom