2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 131 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We saw that Samantha apparently went from a strong UConn lean to a ND commit in 3.5 months. Things can change.

We need to hope Notre Dame's interest in Bueckers and Fudd wanes? I can't put money down on that, Milford.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We need to hope Notre Dame's interest in Bueckers and Fudd wanes? I can't put money down on that, Milford.
I don’t expect ND’s interest to wane. But Paige and Azzi are still young. Their values and goals are still evolving. Play with Sam or play for Geno? Not an easy question to answer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Following tweets and posts are in reference to the Capitals Classic all-star game played in DC Saturday. Sam Brunelle did not play despite reports that she would.

The US stars led by Bueckers, Fudd, Angel Reese, and Jakia Brown-Turner crushed a group of local players.

I'll post the game feed at the end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe Chloe Chapman said she grew up a Uconn fan, not sure if there was any interest from the staff in her, but she could be a decent player if there is a need for a 2019 guard.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Future Stars point guard Paige Bueckers from Hopkins (Minnetonka, Minn.) was the crowd favorite. She had so many no-look and behind-the-back passes, that when she went down on a break and started to wrap the ball behind her back, the defender reacted and Bueckers brought it back around for a nearly uncontested layup.

“I tried to put a show on for the crowd — that’s why they were here, to see a bunch of great players coming to play together,” Bueckers said. “We wanted to win, that was the first goal, but the second goal was to put on a show for the crowd.”

Only a sophomore, Buecker was her state’s player of the year. One reason she came to the game is she and Future Stars teammate Azzi Fudd of St. John’s are friends from playing for the USA Basketball U16 team last summer.

“I just want to say thanks for (St. John’s coaches) Jonathan Scribner and Tim Fudd for inviting me out here,” Bueckers said. “This is the first all-star game I’ve been a part of and it was really fun. Obviously, Azzi is one of my closest friends so staying at her house was a lot of fun. I tried to warn the other players that sometimes my passes are out of the blue. The Hopkins players are used to that.”

Reese has dominant effort to lead Future Stars in Capital Classic girls game

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Following tweets and posts are in reference to the Capitals Classic all-star game played in DC Saturday. Sam Brunelle did not play despite reports that she would.

The US stars led by Bueckers, Fudd, Angel Reese, and Jakia Brown-Turner crushed a group of local players.

I'll post the game feed at the end.

So, Sam is no longer besties with Paige and Azzi? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe Chloe Chapman said she grew up a Uconn fan, not sure if there was any interest from the staff in her, but she could be a decent player if there is a need for a 2019 guard.
Chloe is rated #35 and plays at Kaili’s alma mater. She had 9 assists and 4 steals. Paige had only 4 assists, but they must have been spectacular.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well if Paige and Azzi appear at UConn games next season, I think their options are still open. I don’t see the point in wasting money to attend games of a university your not interested in
Good point.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Good point.

You can bet there's going to be an even bigger basketball recruiting weekend during football season at ND next fall.............they'll probably have 10-20 top recruits out there like last year which appeared to be very successful.................really no way to counter that kind of flashy recruiting effort...............UConn just going to have them at games one or two at a time like always............

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the link. If one was to just look at the box score it would look like Bueckers had a so-so, nothing much type of game but there were at least six great passes that weren't converted. I'll be a fan wherever she ends up.

if she ends up at ND I surely won't be rooting for her............

Reaction Score
Chloe is rated #35 and plays at Kaili’s alma mater. She had 9 assists and 4 steals. Paige had only 4 assists, but they must have been spectacular.

Chapman is another soccer/basketball player if I remember correctly..........great athlete but does she have enough of the basketball goods for UConn?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Chapman is another soccer/basketball player if I remember correctly.....great athlete but does she have enough of the basketball goods for UConn?

That's correct. Apparently enough talent in the two sports that it was the focus of her ESPNw article:
Good Counsel's Chloe Chapman shooting for stardom in basketball and soccer

A few others that come to mind over coffee:
- another current 2019 prospect: Caitlin Clark, in Iowa;
- One who did play in N.J., but gave up: Michelle Sidor, who just committed to Michigan; and,
- one in college who played exceedingly well: Arike Ogunbowale.

Reaction Score
That's correct. Apparently enough talent in the two sports that it was the focus of her ESPNw article:

- One who did play in N.J., but gave up: Michelle Sidor, who just committed to Michigan; and,

and UConn's own Molly Bent

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Got to be careful. Caroline Doty first got hurt playing soccer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom