2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 113 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As far as I know, the only reasson we're even talking about this is Dolphan's posts. And those posts say that the change came from UConn, not Brunelle. Brunelle, we are told, wants UConn to keep strongly pursuing her.
demotivational-posters-well-theres-your-problem6.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll be clear: Could Geno have stopped recruiting Samantha because he knows Ezi is coming?
That would be crazy and insane in the membrane. Ezi is being recruited primarily because UCONN lost Charli Collier-A post . Your prior post has it correct: Samantha is mainly a 3. Ezi will be mainly a 4/5=No issues.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'll be clear: Could Geno have stopped recruiting Samantha because he knows Ezi is coming?
I hope we get Ezi but, even if we do, no way should Geno be counting on her for 4 years. Maybe she'll stay that long, but to me her tenure will be unpredictable at best. Need a "1A" right along side that "1" the whole way (and that's another big - not necessarily Brunelle).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope we get Ezi but, even if we do, no way should Geno be counting on her for 4 years. Maybe she'll stay that long, but to me her tenure will be unpredictable at best. Need a "1A" right along side that "1" the whole way.
ONO would made a tremendous 1 or IA & Boston would make a tremendous 1A or 1B IMO. Unlike Ezi, ONO & Boston will likely be around for 4 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That would be crazy and insane in the membrane. Ezi is being recruited primarily because UCONN lost Charli Collier-A post . Your prior post has it correct: Samantha is mainly a 3. Ezi will be mainly a 4/5=No issues.

I don't see Muffet playing her at the 3. She'll play in the post.

Reaction Score
I hope we get Ezi but, even if we do, no way should Geno be counting on her for 4 years. Maybe she'll stay that long, but to me her tenure will be unpredictable at best. Need a "1A" right along side that "1" the whole way (and that's another big - not necessarily Brunelle).

Doesn't she have to stay for at least 3 years before she can go to the WNBA? (I realize that 3 ≠ 4.)

Reaction Score
Doesn't she have to stay for at least 3 years before she can go to the WNBA? (I realize that 3 ≠ 4.)
It might not be the WNBA she goes for - lots of other opportunities in the world, including her home Australia, if she wakes up one day and decides she wants to play for money. Then she could always come back and play in the WNBA when she's old enough.

I'm not saying I know anything or making any predictions - just saying to me it seems like a risk. A risk definitely worth taking, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Reaction Score
Samantha is mainly a 3.

If you're right about that, then everything's fine. Are you sure, though? She sounds like a 4 to me. Yes, I know that UConn plays positionless basketball, but the question is whether Ezi, ONO, and Brunelle could all play at the same time for most of the game. If so, then there's no problem.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Coco, I would love to believe there's nothing to this. But some credible BYers seem to be taking Dolphan seriously. Arguably, it's corroborated by Geno's recent increased recruiting of Haley Jones (though that could be unrelated). Again, I hope all this about Brunelle is bunk, but others don’t seem to be as confident as you are.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, I would love to believe there's nothing to this. But some credible BYers seem to be taking Dolphan seriously. Arguably, it's corroborated by Geno's recent increased recruiting of Haley Jones. Again, I hope all this is bunk, but others don’t seem to be as confident as you are.
I'm not confident at all more suspicious because sadly we been here before with people claiming they have inside information. According to these people Christyn should be suiting up for South Carolina next year. Megan Walker would be in a ND uniform.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not confident at all more suspicious because sadly we been here before with people claiming they have inside information. According to these people Christyn should be suiting up for South Carolina next year. Megan Walker would be in a ND uniform.

Only one of those claimed to have inside information and he's pretty much wrong about everything.

Reaction Score
I don't see Muffet playing her at the 3. She'll play in the post.

I agree, she's a good shooter and passer, but also an outstanding rebounder, sounds like a stretch four to me, similar game to Lauren Jackson if you ask me.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A lot of folks were certain MW was heading to ND. Not only was that prediction wrong, but ND wasn’t even in Megan’s final 2 schools, which were UConn & TX.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In terms of Alana Beard, Geno was right. But UConn heard the rumor that Maya Moore wouldn’t leave the South, and they inquired nevertheless. They obviously had learned a lesson from the Beard situation.

Cat is distinguishing between missing on recruits and “dropping the ball.” There is a real difference. With regard to Brunelle, we don’t really know. If the physical contact has lessened, is it because Sam is a lock to UConn or because she has lost interest? We’ll know more in time.

Regarding the impact of Ezi, I don’t think there has been any, at least not yet. If Ezi committed—which we don’t know—it wouldn’t have been until late February. Geno wouldn’t have changed targets before that. Geno knows that Ezi will be WNBA eligible after 3 seasons of college and could go home to Australia at any time.

I expect a flurry of announcements starting a few days after the NCAA tourney. I’m hoping we get good news, maybe 3-4 times.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd named named Washington Post All-Met POY today, arguably a more coveted honor than Gatorade POY as it covers the greater DC metro area (incl VA and MD suburbs, in addition to DC).

Very nice recognition for the Freshman.

PS: Sam Brunelle lives in VA but outside the region for purposes of such consideration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2018/03/21/2018-winter-all-met-girls-basketball-first-team-second-team-honorable-mentions
That’s a heck of an honor. She was chosen over Seniors Collins (Tennessee) and Austin (Maryland) and Junior Owusu (Maryland). From what I’ve seen, Azzi is deserving of the honor.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That’s a heck of an honor. She was chosen over Seniors Collins (Tennessee) and Austin (Maryland) and Junior Owusu (Maryland). From what I’ve seen, Azzi is deserving of the honor.

Correction in bold above. Easy mistake to make. Amira Collins and ND's Mikayla Vaughn were teammates last year at Paul VI. The competition in DC is no joke.

Reaction Score
If you're right about that, then everything's fine. Are you sure, though? She sounds like a 4 to me. Yes, I know that UConn plays positionless basketball, but the question is whether Ezi, ONO, and Brunelle could all play at the same time for most of the game. If so, then there's no problem.

One would hope after getting coached up that they could be on the floor together and all be productive.

Reaction Score
In terms of Alana Beard, Geno was right. But UConn heard the rumor that Maya Moore wouldn’t leave the South, and they inquired nevertheless. They obviously had learned a lesson from the Beard situation.

Cat is distinguishing between missing on recruits and “dropping the ball.” There is a real difference. With regard to Brunelle, we don’t really know. If the physical contact has lessened, is it because Sam is a lock to UConn or because she has lost interest? We’ll know more in time.

Regarding the impact of Ezi, I don’t think there has been any, at least not yet. If Ezi committed—which we don’t know—it wouldn’t have been until late February. Geno wouldn’t have changed targets before that. Geno knows that Ezi will be WNBA eligible after 3 seasons of college and could go home to Australia at any time.

I expect a flurry of announcements starting a few days after the NCAA tourney. I’m hoping we get good news, maybe 3-4 times.

Same here. Fingers crossed. It would be nice to lift the curtain of suspense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Correction in bold above. Easy mistake to make. Amira Collins and ND's Mikayla Vaughn were teammates last year at Paul VI. The competition in DC is no joke.
Thanks! I fixed my post. Yes, I provided comments on Collins to one of the Tenn (not ND) posters a month ago. Vaughn AND Honesty Scott-Grayson were on the Paul VI team last year. That squad was loaded!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom