2018 WNBA Mock Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018 WNBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
For the umpteenth time, I make no predictions or judgments on who will be the No 1 pick nor who will be considered the best player. It was a Gamecock fan who, based on two head to head match ups alone made a judgement.
Of course you did. Right here!:eek:

If head to head stats correlate to draft position then Gabby Williams will certainly be picked ahead of Wilson based on last season's match up where Williams put up 26 pts & 14 rebounds (6 offensive) to Wilson's 17 pts & 5 rebounds (1 offensive).
Coco, give me a break, please show me where are the words,
1. No. 1 pick
2. The best player
In @Alydar s' following sentience. You are way off...

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Billings is a stud, but having her go Top 4 is a bit of a reach.

Not really.... in my opinion. If I were to say Rebecca Greenwell at #2...... or Kia Nurse, or Stephanie Mavunga at #2...... those would be reaches. Of course it depends on team needs..... but there are scenarios in which Billings could go #2.

Reaction Score
Of course you did. Right here!:eek:

Yes, and I said this in my last post:

" And to pluck the stats of 2 players out of a box score and make a broad judgement about the two players is simplistic. I did it with Williams and Wilson to make a point, not to draw a conclusion."

It might help if you read my entire posts and not use what I say out of context.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, give me a break, please show me where are the words,
1. No. 1 pick
2. The best player
In @Alydar s' following sentience. You are way off...

Yes, and I said this in my last post:
" And to pluck the stats of 2 players out of a box score and make a broad judgement about the two players is simplistic. I did it with Williams and Wilson to make a point, not to draw a conclusion."
It might help if you read my entire posts and not use what I say out of context.
It might be helpful if you didn't write so much and forget what you actually wrote.

Based on the same standard used for Stevens, Williams is a better player than Wilson.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That because you have only been signed up for a little over a month now. You ain't read nothing yet. There was that whole thing about A'ja rolling her shorts. There was that other thing about she would never win a championship. Then my all time favorite was the over analysis of the tension in the finger of her father (Roscoe) pointing at Stewie after UConn beat down SC.
img_20150213_042329-jpg.8488

Hahahahahaha

Reaction Score
It might be helpful if you didn't write so much and forget what you actually wrote.

Based on the same standard was what I said. And I also said more than once that I thought it was a poor way to judge. It wasn't my standard, it was the standard used by the Gamecock fan. I merely made an inference based on their own standard to show them how simplistic they were being.

If you failed to see that then I apologize for confusing you.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I make no predictions or judgments on who will be the No 1 pick nor who will be considered the best player.

I merely made an inference based on their own standard to show them how simplistic they were being.
It is my judgement that the source of your confusion was your inference, which sounded like a prediction, in the initial instantiation and equivocation in the last.

Reaction Score
Here's my first round assuming it's only players with no eligibility left:
1. Wilson-the clear cut top prospect in the draft. Everything about her implicates that she's destined to be a great pro and a player that a franchise can build itself around.

2. Gabby Williams-the best athlete in the draft and she has improved her game at an alarming rate while at Connecticut. She needs to work on perimeter skills to realistically find similar success in the pros, but with her athleticism the sky is the limit for her.

3. Diamond Deshields-an outstanding athlete with a game that should transition well to the pros. Needs to find some team success or there will be some big red flags with her.

4. Brianna Turner-still has a ton of untouched potential. Health, physical strength as well as hands are a big question mark, but she plays good defense, has improved offensively in the post and runs the floor better than anyone else in her class.

5. Kelsey Mitchell-she might be the quickest guard in the draft and is probably the best pure scorer. In the pros she'll need to adjust to not having to create for herself as much, but she is an outstanding scorer and passer. She has potential to be a top player in the league.

6. Monique Billings-another outstanding athlete who has ample upside as a pro. I could see her developing into a Brunsonesque player over her time in the W. Great prospect.

7. Jordin Canada-maybe the top PG prospect in this WNBA class, she can create her own shot and beat anyone off the dribble. If she has a big senior season or can lead UCLA on a deep tournament run, her stock could climb even higher.

8. Jaime Nared-a really good swing forward who improved immensely from her sophomore to junior season. She has a good jumper, can score in a variety of ways, rebounds well and is capable of putting up big numbers. I think she could climb higher as long as she continues to establish herself as a primary option at Tennessee next year.

9. Lexie Brown-another really good point guard whose stock could climb with another great season. One of the best PGs in the country, Brown is an effective scorer and a proven winner. She was a vital contributor on Maryland's 2 Final Four teams and took Duke from being out of the tournament to a #2 seed.

10. Ariel Atkins-a late bloomer who is starting to come into her own, Atkins is another terrific leftie with big upside.

11. Stephanie Mavunga-another athletic forward with great upside and outstanding footwork. She's shown flashes of being a dominating post player, just needs to stay healthy at OSU.

12. Mercedes Russell-another really talented player who is starting to develop. Her post moves offensively are move improved and she has great size and hands inside. Health and quickness are her two biggest question marks right now.

13. Myisha Hines Allen-one of the better power forwards in the country who is capable of being a dominating force. An underwhelming junior season drops her a bit, but she reminds me of a Tari Phillips in her physicality and ability to hang with bigger players inside.

14. Kia Nurse-tough, hard nosed guard who will have started for 4 years under Geno. Scrappy defender, good decision maker, sometimes streaky as a shooter who is capable of getting hot from deep. Doesn't have tremendous foot speed nor has she shown much ability to create her own shot, but I think she will be a very good journey player in the W.

15. Tyler Scaife-I haven't seen a ton of her...but she's coming off an ACL and I don't think another year under Stringer will do much to help her out.

16. Victoria Vivians-Vivians has potential to be a top 5 pick. Her size and frame are ideal for an off guard in the pros. She has incredible range on her jumper and can create her own shot, but she has terrible shot selection and can disappear in games. If she becomes more selective as a shooter and improves her decision making, she could sky rocket.

17. Shakayla Thomas-fantastic athlete who needs to develop her perimeter skills to have a chance to stick.

18. Rebecca Greenwell-a good scoring forward who has consistently improved while at Duke. Not convinced she's quick enough defensively to stick in the pros, but a good showing as a 5th year senior could mean improved draft stock for her.

19. Brittany McPhee-a really good scoring guard who made big strides last year. I don't think she's going to be a great pro player but she could stick around for a few seasons.

20. Brooke McCarty-one of the more entertaining players to watch, McCarty is tough as nails and has emerged as a star at Texas. Her size and lack of foot speed mean it'll be an uphill battle for her to stick.

Other players to look out for: Kathryn Westbeld, Linnae Harper, Mariya Moore, Taya Reimer

Very good mock, I 100% agree with u on Victoria Vivians, she be the wild card cuz she has the talent of a lottery pick but she kinda remind me Kaela Davis, high volume shooter. As a liberty fan i know Bill Laimbeer would like her cuz of her size but i would rather have Jamie Nared as of right now.

Reaction Score
And also my dream pick as a liberty fan would be they get Gabby Williams, Bill Liambeer would fall in love wit this woman i think she is the missing piece for SF she would fit right in

Reaction Score
How can Wilson guard herself? Azura is much more versatile and will prove to be the better player. I would have said the same thing if she was still at Duke. Doris Burke said that she would be the best player in 2017-2018 with UConn's coaching staff helping her to improve. Yes, I am serious, which is why I said it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I looked at the list, thought about it and dismissed the article as nothing but filler.

Any writer, or whatever they are now called, that has 5 UConn players in next year's draft is totally clueless. Enough said.

Reaction Score
I looked at the list, thought about it and dismissed the article as nothing but filler.

Any writer, or whatever they are now called, that has 5 UConn players in next year's draft is totally clueless. Enough said.

Nurse, Williams, and maybe Stevens. all potential 1st round picks

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nurse, Williams, and maybe Stevens. all potential 1st round picks

True enough but to include Pheesa and Lou is just plain ignorant. Therefore the credibility of the writer goes down the tubes.

Reaction Score
And also my dream pick as a liberty fan would be they get Gabby Williams, Bill Liambeer would fall in love wit this woman i think she is the missing piece for SF she would fit right in

Bill Liambeer is now the coach/gm for Vegas. Katie smith is the liberty coach

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom