2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
From one of the "big" guys at BaseballAmerica, who's been against ranking us all season:

Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

I take it back. @NCStateBaseball gets the nod, not UConn.. I never liked UConn as a host. NC State very much has a case over Auburn. Better regular season at the end of the day

Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

don't lose series to nearly every good team in your conference if you want to host

Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

how about not losing series at The Citadel and UNF? I respect how difficult it is for northern schools, but you've got to have something to stand out. I don't see what it is on UConn's resume

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
From one of the "big" guys at BaseballAmerica, who's been against ranking us all season:

Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

I take it back. @NCStateBaseball gets the nod, not UConn.. I never liked UConn as a host. NC State very much has a case over Auburn. Better regular season at the end of the day
Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

don't lose series to nearly every good team in your conference if you want to host

Teddy Cahill
@tedcahill

how about not losing series at The Citadel and UNF? I respect how difficult it is for northern schools, but you've got to have something to stand out. I don't see what it is on UConn's resume
What an @sS.

Reaction Score
This was predictable the moment they lost to URI last week. This is the new normal for UConn in all sports in this league and seeing UConn takes it up the --- with a smile on their face whether it's in realignment or NCAA related issues they will continue to be an easy target for being played. UConn doesn't seem to care so I don't let it bother me anymore.

If they were good enough to host they will prove it on the field. Unless of course they get sent to one of the elite team regionals which is always a possibility with the NCAA. Bottom line, you have to be perfect with what we are up against. The losses to Citadel, UNF, and URI were all the southern fried bumpkins needed against us Yankees.

Reaction Score
This was predictable the moment they lost to URI last week. This is the new normal for UConn in all sports in this league and seeing UConn takes it up the --- with a smile on their face whether it's in realignment or NCAA related issues they will continue to be an easy target for being played. UConn doesn't seem to care so I don't let it bother me anymore.

If they were good enough to host they will prove it on the field. Unless of course they get sent to one of the elite team regionals which is always a possibility with the NCAA. Bottom line, you have to be perfect with what we are up against. The losses to Citadel, UNF, and URI were all the southern fried bumpkins needed against us Yankees.

We should roll in blaring a recording of the UConn marching band's Battle Hymn.

Reaction Score
Can’t catch a break. Definite southern bias... again. UConn snubbed of an at-large bid last year, now snubbed to host this year. At this rate it would not surprise me if UConn didn’t get its name called tomorrow either. I’m not saying the NCAA has a vendetta against all things UConn... but the NCAA has a vendetta against all things UConn.
We don’t win and football and basketball are embarrassing

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
upload_2018-5-27_21-26-12.jpeg

This is Teddy Cahill
ex beat writer for the Braves
Now beat writer for Ball State

Reaction Score
I won't out him, but if you're looking at UConn content on twitter right now, you should be able to figure it out.

Ah OK. I was thinking his handle was the same as his name here, but I didn't see anything. Good work @zls44!

Reaction Score

Indeed.

I truly believe this is also one reason (of many) we ended on the outside looking in after realignment. Denying Duke, Kentucky, and Tennessee 15 championships in men's and women's basketball is one thing. But our football team making a BCS bowl in it's 10th year of D1 existence was a step too far. I still see random tweets when I search UConn on twitter decrying us making that game and how undeserved it was. Not to mention the myth spreading about how many fans we brought. The good ole boys took that personally. We overstepped our bounds there. Those games are for them. They'd rather a northern school like Pitt, Rutgers, or BC into the P5 that is no threat to them in anything and has no fan base.

Reaction Score
Welp, theres the end of that. Hoping that we get either the Chapel Hill, Raleigh, or Greenville site so I can make the drive from Richmond. Anyone have any guesses where we could land?

Prof. DefCONN would like to let you know that well is spelled with two L's...not one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom