2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon

Reaction Score
Really liking the positivity coming from the Edsall Camp. Last year there was a lot of talk about bad practices and kids not understanding the amount of work required to make this work. So it's good to see that people are apparently buying in.

Or maybe I'm just sucking in the propaganda. Either way.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's a Saturday. Is the Spring Game going to be in the afternoon again?

Reaction Score
Draft an A and B team for spring practice? Awesome!

While I have fiddled with a depth chart, there may have never been a more wide open roster for all positions than this spring. Almost no one has a position locked down. A draft would be a fun way to divide up room and bring some extra juice to practice.

Of the positions, Matt Peart has his and that seems to be about it to me. QB position is open (in a very good way), the Oline positions are open (Holmes, Hubbard, Tunstall to challenge Leone, DeGeorge and Van Demark?), even the WRs could see some shake up - albeit this is the least likely position (Hairston and Zavier Scott ready to push on someone?). Obviously the entire Defense is wide open with Atkins, Hahn, Sterling and maybe Beavers having just a small lead.

Good points. We can only hope that the youth develops quickly. Looking forward to the QB competition. Interesting to also watch how the D gets rebuilt.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I’ll be in St Lucia on my honeymoon. No worries you’ll all be in my thoughts
Congrats! I'm really jealous. Went there on my honeymoon to a Sandals at the same time of year you are going but 7 years ago. Best experience and most relaxing time we ever had. Enjoy and congrats!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

So which of us nerds will be attending every practice and providing a full report. I vote for Phil.

I just saw the tweet and nearly wet myself. I'll be there for every meeting on Lombardi time, coach. Heard his message loud and clear--he's been waiting to hear about my strategic vision for the offense.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

So which of us nerds will be attending every practice and providing a full report. I vote for Phil.

In all honesty, I will be attending practice when I can because of this. What can I say, I'm a super fan

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Excellent Phil. We are depending on you!

Now as for Randy's actual rules, I bet the deal is you can attend as long as you wear a brown paper bag over your head with no holes. Plus, you have to stand in the corner facing the wall. That's how this will actually go down.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Excellent Phil. We are depending on you!

Now as for Randy's actual rules, I bet the deal is you can attend as long as you wear a brown paper bag over your head with no holes. Plus, you have to stand in the corner facing the wall. That's how this will actually go down.

Right? Seems risky to start allowing the public into team meetings. What happens if an opposing coach came? They'll work around it somehow

Reaction Score
Think it's just another shot across the ridiculous bow of the NCAA and their too thick rule book

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Think it's just another shot across the ridiculous bow of the NCAA and their too thick rule book
...and arbitrary enforcement thereof, I'd presume?

Reaction Score
I saw that video

They need to quit trying to push the tired, boring Block C nonsense. It's just going to remind everyone of the loss to Oklahoma and then the betrayal of the head coach within hours of that defeat. UConn has moved on from those days, time for Edsall and staff to do the same. No one needs to be reminded that they blew their very slim chance of being picked to join the ACC over Louisville had they at least shown up for the Fiesta Bowl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom