2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 91 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We appreciate Exit 4 effort.

However ... our view of the world is just different. And based on a past that hasn’t really been revolutionarily changed.

Reaction Score
Messiah Turner is a 6-1 175lb DB from Tampa Catholic in Tampa Florida. Committed to Southern Miss but decommitted back in November.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Been a busy week for Baldonado. Picked up offers from Cincy, Umass and UCF. There is a quote out there that UCF is his "dream school." Meanwhile Syracuse and Michigan State visited. Baldonado is apparently being represented by Brandon Collier again - same guy that guided Metz to Cincy and Welschof ultimately to Michigan.

According to Rivals, UCF signed four Dlineman during the early signing period. Perhaps they will be taking only one more rather than two. This is notable since they also have an offer out to Landon Woodson.

Also of note, Greg Grate JR received an offer from UAB.

Reaction Score
Baldonado is apparently being represented by Brandon Collier again - same guy that guided Metz to Cincy and Welschof ultimately to Michigan.

Shame if true that kids are being linked to guys like these with recruiting... thought this stuff was illegal....

Reaction Score
don't like it regardless...

Don’t like what - organizations promoting/advocating for players? They are no different than Rivals/247 camps, Supreme Athlete here in CT or any other of the Training Academies.

Reaction Score
Don’t like what - organizations promoting/advocating for players? They are no different than Rivals/247 camps, Supreme Athlete here in CT or any other of the Training Academies.

So why do folks bicker about paying players then? A scholly for a good education is good enough? Nowadays, it's a little more than that. With all the $$$ generated behind a kid's 4 years of fame... if they stay/play that long....

Reaction Score
A scholly for a good education is good enough?

That’s exactly what these guys are doing (and I’m not naive) - they are mining US scholarship opportunities for European players.

Reaction Score
So why do folks bicker about paying players then? A scholly for a good education is good enough? Nowadays, it's a little more than that. With all the $$$ generated behind a kid's 4 years of fame... if they stay/play that long....
These kids wouldn’t get exposure without Collier you’re just upset that Uconn isn’t getting all of them

Reaction Score
These kids wouldn’t get exposure without Collier you’re just upset that Uconn isn’t getting all of them
It's a fact we won't ... I ain't hatin on that at all bro... It's a new spin on things that I need to understand... I been here since the start of this thing.. Yeah, it's frustrating recruiting for us has sucked for the most part... because the idiots at the top didn't know what they were doing... Instead of embracing what we've built so far with our program they went outside the box and set us back... Edsall knows something about recruiting, so in Edsall I trust.. ... We've had success without this stuff.. and we'll probably have more in a few years.. (finally)... I believe (firmly) we'll have success again...

Reaction Score
It's a fact we won't ... I ain't hatin on that at all bro... It's a new spin on things that I need to understand... I been here since the start of this thing.. Yeah, it's frustrating recruiting for us has sucked for the most part... because the idiots at the top didn't know what they were doing... Instead of embracing what we've built so far with our program they went outside the box and set us back... Edsall knows something about recruiting, so in Edsall I trust.. ... We've had success without this stuff.. and we'll probably have more in a few years.. (finally)... I believe (firmly) we'll have success again...

The problem is that when Lew Perkins left, they went inside the box and promoted Hathaway. Hathaway had been Perkins assistant AD, left for Colorado State as their AD and had moderate success. They should have went outside the box and gotten someone great. Hathaway was the disaster. He hurt both basketball and football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom