2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 80 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For that last LB spot, we appear to be looking into Jeffrey Ulofoshio out at bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. He looks a bit small, but plays with tenacity.

he has good instincts and is quick at the point of attack. his tackling could use some work, though. he looks good enough to play D1 football, though.

Reaction Score
Isn't that the school where the coaching staff offered schollies to the 6 best players on the team & one of our assistants knows the head coach?

Reaction Score
For that last LB spot, we appear to be looking into Jeffrey Ulofoshio out at bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. He looks a bit small, but plays with tenacity.

Where did you hear we are targeting him? Maurice Lloyd and James Hargrave where to smallish linebackers we're very productive for us. I take more guys like that in a heartbeat.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We're also looking at Luke Knox I think...out of Tennessee. Lashlee and Wholley following him recently. 3 star with offers from Air Force and Navy

What I am always interested to see is the follows and follow backs. If a player follows back multiple people on our recruiting staff (coaches, recruiting coordinators) and did so relatively recently, then it seems like there is some mutual interest.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Where did you hear we are targeting him? Maurice Lloyd and James Hargrave where to smallish linebackers we're very productive for us. I take more guys like that in a heartbeat.
just reading the twitter tea leaves (follows/counter follows - all recent) and the fact Ulofoshio based on his limited offers seems like a reachable player for us. I think the staff wanted Plack, but now its moving quickly to the next option.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What I am always interested to see is the follows and follow backs. If a player follows back multiple people on our recruiting staff (coaches, recruiting coordinators) and did so relatively recently, then it seems like there is some mutual interest.

One of his most recent follows is Lashlee. Haven't watched his tape or anything. I'd wanna take the Gorman kid just because he plays at such a high level

Reaction Score
All this personal research you guys are doing has me feeling like a proud papa... (lol).. I was doing this back in the Edsall 1.0 days and you guys thought I was nuts... but now, now... you see the light... Refreshing....

On a serious note, there's no reason why these kids that could probably provide immediate help to our program want to look elsewhere than beautiful Storrs CT... Opportunity awaits....

Reaction Score
We're also looking at Luke Knox I think...out of Tennessee. Lashlee and Wholley following him recently. 3 star with offers from Air Force and Navy
This is an Edsall RKG kid I'm sure.. with those type of offers... #REStorred

Reaction Score

Al Fincher 2.0 ... That's what we want here in Storrs

Reaction Score

playmaker... we desparately need this in our front 7 on defense... #REStorred

Reaction Score

Knox is from a middle TN football power. Brentwood Academy has several 4 stars this year and has produced a bunch of P-5 players over the last decade. Knox played next to Jack Sirmon a 4-star Washington commit. Played against a high level of competition and has been coached well. By going to Brentwood Academy tons of recruiters have seen him play, which begs to ask where are the FBS or G-5 offers. His brother walked on at Ole Miss and became their starting TE. The thought may be that he will follow in his brother's footsteps to walk-on at an SEC school rather than take a scholly from an Academy, G5 or FBS.

Nice to see that Lashlee is at least dipping into the Middle TN recruiting as the football talent is exploding along with the population growth.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Knox is from a middle TN football power. Brentwood Academy has several 4 stars this year and has produced a bunch of P-5 players over the last decade. Knox played next to Jack Sirmon a 4-star Washington commit. Played against a high level of competition and has been coached well. By going to Brentwood Academy tons of recruiters have seen him play, which begs to ask where are the FBS or G-5 offers. His brother walked on at Ole Miss and became their starting TE. The thought may be that he will follow in his brother's footsteps to walk-on at an SEC school rather than take a scholly from an Academy, G5 or FBS.

Nice to see that Lashlee is at least dipping into the Middle TN recruiting as the football talent is exploding along with the population growth.

You can make the same points regarding Jeffrey Ulofoshio about coming up short on offers while playing at a school with plenty of scouts.

Reaction Score
He's going to be Edsall's Ryan Gomes or Kris Dunn

I’ve said it before... it’s not like he or the two programs he’s played for are unknown entities in football circles. I can’t help but wonder why he’s got no real publicly known options at this point. Boggling.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He's going to be Edsall's Ryan Gomes or Kris Dunn

Has he been offered anywhere? Who knows what the deal is. Character issue? Not implying that, but there are a million reasons we'd pass that fans wouldn't be privy to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom