2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 58 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You want to see a kid dominate at the HS/Prep level and Nico Ragaini is the epitome of that. Kids just weren't at his level: speed, power, elusive, hands. You looked that film and none of the other kids looked near the same level.

Reaction Score
You want to see a kid dominate at the HS/Prep level and Nico Ragaini is the epitome of that. Kids just weren't at his level: speed, power, elusive, hands. You looked that film and none of the other kids looked near the same level.

I still don’t understand why he’s not receiving more love. Hope he walks on at Uconn

Reaction Score
Ragaini was also an All State DB... pure athlete. UConn is aware of him. Maybe Randy going old school and keeping a wrap on him ;)
I'm wondering if that's the case or if he is just keeping everything really close to the chest. He can clearly play D1 football

Reaction Score
I posted once before. I coach in the SCC. Kid dominated arguably the best conference in state for two years. Look at what he did to New Canaan in playoffs junior and senior year. They could not stop him. Better football player than any of the cap prep kids (who clearly play against inferior competition). Like what RE and staff are doing but this one make sure me shake my head. BTW, GREAT kid and family.

Reaction Score
You're right Huskyblood. Ragaini made New Canaan look silly. What are we missing?
Is it because he's such a good lacrosse player?

While, they arent similar players, this reminds me of when Tyler Matekevich wasn't offered.
I know Tyler had to go to Milford Academy to get his grades up. Nico didnt need to do that.
It will be extremely disappointing if this staff lets him get away.

Reaction Score
You're right Huskyblood. Ragaini made New Canaan look silly. What are we missing?
Is it because he's such a good lacrosse player?

While, they arent similar players, this reminds me of when Tyler Matekevich wasn't offered.
I know Tyler had to go to Milford Academy to get his grades up. Nico didnt need to do that.
It will be extremely disappointing if this staff lets him get away.
We can't let that happen again... Offer Ragaini... CT pride alone... Keep talent like this home...

Reaction Score
I posted once before. I coach in the SCC. Kid dominated arguably the best conference in state for two years. Look at what he did to New Canaan in playoffs junior and senior year. They could not stop him. Better football player than any of the cap prep kids (who clearly play against inferior competition). Like what RE and staff are doing but this one make sure me shake my head. BTW, GREAT kid and family.

Can you confirm that Ragaini has interest in UConn and has not been offered (yet)? You mentioned that you were told he has a BC offer but that hasn’t been noted anywhere in the recruiting sites/social media/training academy channels that I’ve seen/heard (don’t mistake that as not believing you). Is NR not publicly advertising his next stage options - always seemed like a humble kid. Seems strange w/ all the schools that have cycled through AOF - no offers leaking out?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Lwal Uguak is a 6-5 245 DE from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Other offer is from Fresno State.

Hmmm, a sign we are moving on because we aren't in on the Welshcof stakes.

That said,this kid looks pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm, a sign we are moving on because we aren't in on the Welshcof stakes.
Maybe, but I'll take a few defensive linemen if we can get them based on what we've seen from the current non-seniors.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We don’t need other DL?
I figure we have a real shot at McCracken and Daley. And I am still betting we place Travis Jones at DT and we take four dlineman this cycle.

So yeah, I do view this offer as a sign we are out on Turay, Welshcof, Choloh, etc. Happy to be wrong. This Canadian kid has a pretty strong tape - not really diamond in the rough, more like diamond from afar.

Reaction Score
I figure we have a real shot at McCracken and Daley. And I am still betting we place Travis Jones at DT and we take four dlineman this cycle.

So yeah, I do view this offer as a sign we are out on Turay, Welshcof, Choloh, etc. Happy to be wrong. This Canadian kid has a pretty strong tape - not really diamond in the rough, more like diamond from afar.

I’ve stopped trying to figure out where some kids land position-wise (quite comfortable w/ Randy etal evaluating position need/skill).

I agree on Daley and McCraken. I think Turay was gone a long time ago... my sense is we were never really in it w/ Rutgers legacy.

Think Daley is in the house on Saturday.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Heck - he can be a LB all said and done. I’ve stopped trying to figure out where some kids land position-wise (quite comfortable w/ Randy etal evaluating position need/skill).

I agree on Daley and McCraken. I think Turay was gone a long time ago... my sense is we were never really in it w/ Rutgers legacy.

For me recruiting is a puzzle and I love trying to solve the puzzle. And so I try, perhaps it's a waste of time, to figure out the recruiting plan by position. It's just something I can't help but obsess over.

Yes - we were never really in the Turay hunt... been slow to accept.

Reaction Score

At this point - no evidence on his Twitter page that he traveled to game today... could have rescheduled to Missouri or USF. Haven’t checked his HS schedule for open dates.

Reaction Score
Back to to Ragaini for probably the last time.
Because the staff has never offered .
So, BC & Rutgers look like his 2 best options.
Taking nothing away form the WRs who have verballed, but Nico is better than all of them.

Reaction Score
Looks like OL/DL Dylan Niedrowski will be @ game today if he can navigate parking LOL

Niedrowski is a big boy - every bit 6-5.

Couple of other big boys in recruit tent. (Rooney and Mounds)

Capital Prep is also out in force. (Robinson, Gillespie, Mounds)

Reaction Score
Recruits pregame:
020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members