Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
QB Washington w/ recruits:
020.jpg

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Devon Matthews was on an official visit to UConn today. He spent a good amount of time talking to Marvin Washington on sidelines during warmups.

gooooooooodness, i just watched his mid season video, he hits like a damn hammer

Reaction Score
Roster view

We aren't done bringing in RBs. Hopkins has his purpose. Mensah could get better. But Edsall in the Edsall1.0 never just had one or two (not presuming anything about Gillespie). Somewhere Terry Richardson is spending extra time at a Florida field networking with old friends. Looking for a unknown.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I'll take the odds. Grimes/staff was all over him yesterday pre-game (plus he just retweeted Randy's bat signal tweet ;)). Standing by...

Given prior precedent, you may be standing by for awhile...

Reaction Score
Given prior precedent, you may be standing by for awhile...

It's all relative.... they deserve their moment in the sunshine on their timetable. It'll probably be as soon as I leave the house in a bit.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Is a hard commit to UCF I think

Reaction Score
Devon Matthews was on an official visit to UConn today. He spent a good amount of time talking to Marvin Washington on sidelines during warmups.
Wait- He was on an official or unofficial? That has to be a good sign that he took an official here if he's already committed to another school right? Schools are only allowed a certain amount of many official visits per year, so I can't imagine they'd throw one away to someone who's already committed to another school

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wait- He was on an official or unofficial? That has to be a good sign that he took an official here if he's already committed to another school right? Schools are only allowed a certain amount of many official visits per year, so I can't imagine they'd throw one away to someone who's already committed to another school
Rivals has made it sound like an 'official' visit. I would think most kids visiting from afar are on official visits. Kids that can drive here in a day - less likely.

Btw - flipping a kid like Devon Mathews would be fantastic. The kid can tackle and that is what we sorely need in the secondary.

Reaction Score

I don’t believe there is a restriction on the number of official visit that a school can finance a year - there is a 5 official visit limit restrictions for the student though.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe there is a restriction on the number of official visit that a school can finance a year - there is a 5 official visit limit restrictions for the student though.

There is absolutely a Cap on the number of student athlete visits a Football Program can finance per year. I am not compliance - but this is certainly part of what the NCAA does for major sports.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely a Cap on the number of student athlete visits a Football Program can finance per year. I am not compliance - but this is certainly part of what the NCAA does for major sports.

I could have misssd it as I was working off mobile but I went looking to back up what was in my head. I couldn’t find a number... there is regs on what they can spend/provide per athlete/family but I couldn’t find a visit number restriction.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
According to this website;
Preparing for Official Visits

In Division I football, men’s and women’s basketball, and baseball, schools are only allowed to provide a certain number of official visits each year. Football is permitted 56, baseball is allowed 25, and basketball is allowed just 12. Men’s basketball must also split visits between seniors and juniors, who may now take official visits starting January 1 of their junior year.

Reaction Score
According to this website;
Preparing for Official Visits

In Division I football, men’s and women’s basketball, and baseball, schools are only allowed to provide a certain number of official visits each year. Football is permitted 56, baseball is allowed 25, and basketball is allowed just 12. Men’s basketball must also split visits between seniors and juniors, who may now take official visits starting January 1 of their junior year.

Thanks - I stand corrected. I think there is legislation to change the number upwards for at least basketball.

Edit: Legislation moved to 24 over a rolling two year period (pg 3/5): https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/...ficial_Unofficial_Visits-SEMINAR_06302016.pdf

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought he already had these offers. I see he just took an official visit at GT over the weekend. So safe to say he's deciding between GT, MN and Iowa State. I'm guessing its GT.

We don't have many scholarship spaces left, so every time we offer I figure the staff has calculated that some other outstanding offer has no traction.

I like that kid up in Edmonton. Lets get him down here ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom