2018 Recruiting: Isaiah Mucius - update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting: Isaiah Mucius - update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO please rectify that "I haven't talked to Coach Ollie yet" statement
If this isn't rectified by the time the kid leaves campus, someone has to drag KO off to a shrink, pronto, to help him get his head straight. It is already bad that the kid hadn't talked to him yet.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm shocked there isn't a video of CV's snapchat here with him playing xbox with Isaiah

Reaction Score
2018 four-star @PSACardinals wing Isaiah Mucius will take an unofficial visit to Temple on Wednesday n.rivals.com/content/prospe…
@OwlScoop_com

Hoping for a commit after this weekend...

Reaction Score
2018 four-star @PSACardinals wing Isaiah Mucius will take an unofficial visit to Temple on Wednesday n.rivals.com/content/prospe…
@OwlScoop_com

Hoping for a commit after this weekend...

Temple or UConn? :eek:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think there's a ways to go with this kid - not expecting anything that soon.

I saw that he's going to Brewster Academy next year. Given his school list, I'm happier to have him up in New England than down in Maryland.

Reaction Score
This would be a great get by the staff and evidence that we're moving in the right direction. Hopefully it happens. Not getting my hopes up yet though.

Reaction Score
Many coaches talk to kids for the first time on their visits. The problem is follow-through rather than first contact.
From what I remember I think Killings has been leading his recruitment, so that makes sense. A little surprised KO wasn't the one to give him his offer, but as long as someone is building and maintaining a relationship with him I don't care

pj

Reaction Score
From what I remember I think Killings has been leading his recruitment, so that makes sense. A little surprised KO wasn't the one to give him his offer, but as long as someone is building and maintaining a relationship with him I don't care

It's disturbing because, if the rumors are true that we lost MAL due to KO's inattentiveness, you'd think he'd be extra attentive to the next batch of recruits. I can't count the number of times a recruit explains his commitment "because of my relationship with the head coach." Hopefully KO picked up his game with the visit, and is building a good relationship with Mucius.

Reaction Score
It's disturbing because, if the rumors are true that we lost MAL due to KO's inattentiveness, you'd think he'd be extra attentive to the next batch of recruits. I can't count the number of times a recruit explains his commitment "because of my relationship with the head coach." Hopefully KO picked up his game with the visit, and is building a good relationship with Mucius.

Not paying any attention to your committed player is one thing. But not speaking with a recruit until June before your senior year is another. This is pretty typical. I always read of recruits at other schools meeting the HC during a visit over the summer. Not atypical

pj

Reaction Score
Not paying any attention to your committed player is one thing. But not speaking with a recruit until June before your senior year is another. This is pretty typical. I always read of recruits at other schools meeting the HC during a visit over the summer. Not atypical

Not atypical with the lower priority recruits, but with the top targets the head coach is usually involved early and often. When the head coach calls at midnight on the first contact day, recruits notice because it shows they are his priority. When he doesn't make time for them it implies they are a lower priority. Kids want to be loved. If you don't prioritize them in recruiting, they think you may not prioritize them when they're at school.

Mucius likes UConn enough to come for a visit, he'd better be a priority.

Reaction Score
I think there's a ways to go with this kid - not expecting anything that soon.

I saw that he's going to Brewster Academy next year. Given his school list, I'm happier to have him up in New England than down in Maryland.

Exactly we've recruited well out of Brewster and Jason Smith recently had some great things to say about UConn, Ollie and staff. Jalen being a Brewster alum and going off this year wouldn't hurt our chances either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom