2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Notre Dame board claiming Brunelle had a good tourney. Hmmm, must be two different Brunelles.

Her team went 6-0 and won the top division...sounds like a good tourney to me.
Also:

I saw one short video where she talked about having to adjust to the speed of the game at this level of competition. I'm curious to see if her numbers improve as the EYBL season progresses.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Thanks for the follow-up. Hard to follow these things from twitter if you don't have the time to watch game streams. I was searching her name a few times this weekend and there wasn't a ton there, which I guess is telling in itself. Mostly folks are going to shout-out the standouts and not mention the also-rans. At least she had one good day/game and won the tourney. Could be worse.

One thing is for sure. Azzi is a monster. Best prospect since...Stewie?

Reaction Score
Her team went 6-0 and won the top division...sounds like a good tourney to me.
Also:

I saw one short video where she talked about having to adjust to the speed of the game at this level of competition. I'm curious to see if her numbers improve as the EYBL season progresses.

It appears that Fudd carried that team not Brunelle.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Looking at the action starting with the Platinum Bracket semi-finals and final…

Semi-finals

North Tartan 15s EYBL 69-50 Cal Stars 16U EYBL

North Tartan’s Paige Bueckers (event MVP) led all scorers with 15 points but her ability to create for others with drive and pass basketball made her contribution far greater than just scoring.

Paige Bueckers, 5-11, guard, 2020, North Tartan 15s EYBL (St. Louis Park, Minnesota) MVP

Coming in, Bueckers was the player with the most rep in the division. She did not disappoint posting strong outings game after game. It was not just scoring but also setting up teammates. While she hit outside shots, her penetrations brought repeated wows from those watching. Considered top ten nationally, she is being recruited by elite national programs.

2018 Nike Boo Williams Invitational

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Boo Williams recap and other recruiting notes from Keil Moore. Also put in the 2019/20 recruit thread.

Freshman Steal the Show

Fudd, a freshman standout, scored 26 points in the championship game against Team Takeover. Fudd had a tournament-high 35 points against Nike Pro Skills in the semifinals and led all scorers averaging 27 points a game for the tournament. The 5-foot-9 guard was arguably the best player in the gym this weekend and made her impact known from start to finish. While Fudd may have set the standard for a freshman this weekend, she wasn’t the only member of the class of 2021 to leave an impression. Philly Belles forward Amari Deberry has the size and athleticism to be a tough match-up at the prep level. While she has a ton of upside for the future, it was Deberry’s ability to play within herself and be effective and efficient this weekend that allowed her to make an impact with limited opportunities.
Carolina Flames wing Saniya Rivers is an explosive athlete who is dynamic off the bounce. She is comfortable scoring at all three levels and has the athleticism to excel playing with and without the ball.

Other Standout Freshman

- Aaliyah Moore (Cy-Fair Nike Elite)

- Brooke Demetre (Cal Stars)

- Dalayah Daniels (Tree of Hope)

- Jada Walker (Boo Williams)

- Ari Wiggins (Indy Gym Rats)

If given a chance to take one prep point guard nationally, All Ohio point guard Jordan Horston is the pick. While Horston’s 5-10 frame and tremendous length give her elite physical tools for the point guard position, it is her feel for the game and understanding of how to incorporate her teammates that make her special. She can score at all three levels, guard multiple positions defensively, and fill up a stat sheet with enough rebounds and assists to constantly be in contention for a triple-double.

While Haley Jones isn’t a point guard, she is a capable playmaker who’s versatility will allow her to dominate games in multiple areas. She is the prototype new generation forward who can handle the ball on the perimeter, pass to create offense for teammates, and score in a number of areas on the floor. Jones plays with high energy and has the potential to be an elite defender at the college level.

8. The Battle For No. 1

The battle at the top of the 2019 class is as murky as we have seen since 2013. There are a number of elite contenders, but as of today, it doesn’t appear that anyone is running away from the pack. At least not in the 50 states that comprise the United States. If we included Canada in our ELITE 100 rankings, Canadian forward Laticia Amihere would be the leader of the pack. She is a five-star prospect who will compete in multiple Olympics for the Canadian national team, but Amihere would have had the potential to compete for an Olympic spot with the US down the line.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boo Williams recap and other recruiting notes from Keil Moore. Also put in the 2019/20 recruit thread.

Freshman Steal the Show

Fudd, a freshman standout, scored 26 points in the championship game against Team Takeover. Fudd had a tournament-high 35 points against Nike Pro Skills in the semifinals and led all scorers averaging 27 points a game for the tournament. The 5-foot-9 guard was arguably the best player in the gym this weekend and made her impact known from start to finish. While Fudd may have set the standard for a freshman this weekend, she wasn’t the only member of the class of 2021 to leave an impression. Philly Belles forward Amari Deberry has the size and athleticism to be a tough match-up at the prep level. While she has a ton of upside for the future, it was Deberry’s ability to play within herself and be effective and efficient this weekend that allowed her to make an impact with limited opportunities.
Carolina Flames wing Saniya Rivers is an explosive athlete who is dynamic off the bounce. She is comfortable scoring at all three levels and has the athleticism to excel playing with and without the ball.

Other Standout Freshman

If given a chance to take one prep point guard nationally, All Ohio point guard Jordan Horston is the pick. While Horston’s 5-10 frame and tremendous length give her elite physical tools for the point guard position, it is her feel for the game and understanding of how to incorporate her teammates that make her special. She can score at all three levels, guard multiple positions defensively, and fill up a stat sheet with enough rebounds and assists to constantly be in contention for a triple-double.

While Haley Jones isn’t a point guard, she is a capable playmaker who’s versatility will allow her to dominate games in multiple areas. She is the prototype new generation forward who can handle the ball on the perimeter, pass to create offense for teammates, and score in a number of areas on the floor. Jones plays with high energy and has the potential to be an elite defender at the college level.

8. The Battle For No. 1

The battle at the top of the 2019 class is as murky as we have seen since 2013. There are a number of elite contenders, but as of today, it doesn’t appear that anyone is running away from the pack. At least not in the 50 states that comprise the United States. If we included Canada in our ELITE 100 rankings, Canadian forward Laticia Amihere would be the leader of the pack. She is a five-star prospect who will compete in multiple Olympics for the Canadian national team, but Amihere would have had the potential to compete for an Olympic spot with the US down the line.

Interesting heights. I’ve seen Horston listed as tall as 6’1”. I’m pretty sure she is well over 5’10”. I’ve seen Fudd listed at 5’11” and even 6’0”. In person, she looks 5’10” to 5’11”. I believe both are taller than Bria Hartley, FWIW.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting heights. I’ve seen Horston listed as tall as 6’1”. I’m pretty sure she is well over 5’10”. I’ve seen Fudd listed at 5’11” and even 6’0”. In person, she looks 5’10” to 5’11”. I believe both are taller than Bria Hartley, FWIW.
LoL
tenor.gif

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Freshman Steal the Show

Other Standout Freshman

Although 2021 seems like a long time away the watch list is growing as it should and will definitely include Saniya Rivers and Rayah Marshall. Rayah is from Cali and at 6'3" is running the point which alone is worthwhile watching.
Azzi Fudd
Amari DeBerry
Brooke Demetre
Caroline Ducharme
Saniya Rivers
Rayah Marshall
Saylor Poffenbarger

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Although 2021 seems like a long time away the watch list is growing as it should and will definitely include Saniya Rivers and Rayah Marshall. Rayah is from Cali and at 6'3" is running the point which alone is worthwhile watching.
Azzi Fudd
Amari DeBerry
Brooke Demetre
Caroline Ducharme
Saniya Rivers
Rayah Marshall
Saylor Poffenbarger
I’ll take Fudd, DeBerry, and Demetre. But if I can’t have Fudd, I really like Poffenbarger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom