2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin is at Ossining High...at least she was...I assume she still is there. I think she missed an entire year with injury.
She has been up in Storrs for a visit.

Saniya Chong....Andra Espinoza-Hunter....Aubrey???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin is at Ossining High...at least she was...I assume she still is there. I think she missed an entire year with injury.
She has been up in Storrs for a visit.
Saniya Chong....Andra Espinoza-Hunter....Aubrey???

Seems like we have been given some bad information by @Chong-Master in the now closed AEH transfer thread:
" E) Forget about Aubrey Griffin from ever ending up at UCONN (I got this feeling that her HS Coach [Ricci] is no longer a fan of Geno, and, don't be surprised that Griffin is pushed away from Geno and UCONN by Ricci, and Griffin ends up at either South Carolina or Notre Dame."
Both coach Ricci and Aubrey were in the house last night seated behind the UCONN bench as Louisville was getting rolled by UCONN. See right hand side of the photo. I don't know how to tag people in photos so it was probably a good thing Coach Ricci was wearing his Ossining sweat shirt.
View attachment 28567
Aubrey is a terrific player but I don't see Aubrey fitting into UCONN class of 2019 unless All of the other players being pursued (Correa ,Horston, or Jones) decline UCONN. I suppose a UCONN transfer could also create a possible opening for Aubrey.

Reaction Score
Aubrey is a terrific player but I don't see Aubrey fitting into UCONN class of 2019 unless All of the other players being pursued (Correa ,Horston, or Jones) decline UCONN. I suppose a UCONN transfer could also create a possible opening for Aubrey.

I'm afraid that Geno may have to start being more like Jeff Walz or Kim Mulkey and just make multiple offers at the same position, let the players come in and fight it out and then the loser transfers...........

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm afraid that Geno may have to start being more like Jeff Walz or Kim Mulkey and just make multiple offers at the same position, let the players come in and fight it out and then the loser transfers......
You mean "competition" ? Isn't that what happened with the 2017 class with so many big guards / wing players?

Honestly, if players want to come, there is room for them, and they know they have to compete for playing time, I don't see a problem. They know what they signed up for. What is changing the dynamics of roster depth is unexpected incoming transfers; that just can't be accounted for when high school recruits sign their LOIs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm afraid that Geno may have to start being more like Jeff Walz or Kim Mulkey and just make multiple offers at the same position, let the players come in and fight it out and then the loser transfers......
No..
We know of your feeling & dislike of the UCONN recruiting philosophy but that is just crazy talk right there.

Reaction Score
You mean "competition" ? Isn't that what happened with the 2017 class with so many big guards / wing players?

Honestly, if players want to come, there is room for them, and they know they have to compete for playing time, I don't see a problem. They know what they signed up for. What is changing the dynamics of roster depth is unexpected incoming transfers; that just can't be accounted for when high school recruits sign their LOIs.

You're right..........UConn traditionally has carried fewer players then most............competition for the best recruits seems to be stronger then ever (thus parity) so instead of just targeting one player at the same position (Brunelle) they may have to make multiple offers and deal with the consequences like last year........while UConn has always had players transfer, it was never designed to keep the numbers down as I think it is at some other programs........

Reaction Score
No..
We know of your feeling & dislike of the UCONN recruiting philosophy but that is just crazy talk right there.

It's not a concept I would enjoy.................I just don't like the idea of being left in the learch.............if Jones doesn't sign after the Brunelle debacle that could be a real problem

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're right.....UConn traditionally has carried fewer players then most..competition for the best recruits seems to be stronger then ever (thus parity) so instead of just targeting one player at the same position (Brunelle) they may have to make multiple offers and deal with the consequences like last year...while UConn has always had players transfer, it was never designed to keep the numbers down as I think it is at some other programs...
That approach like Louisville, MD, Texas, and Baylor would get UCONN what exactly? I like UCONN results better than Louisville, MD, Texas, and Baylor because none of those teams have beaten UCONN for quite a while now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's not a concept I would enjoy.......I just don't like the idea of being left in the learch...if Jones doesn't sign after the Brunelle debacle that could be a real problem
UCONN has been "left in the learch" before. in 2014 both Wilson and Turner said no- UCONN will be alright!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn was on-hand to watch the NJ Demons today, presumably for 2021 Blair Academy guard Olivia Miles. All Miles did was get a triple double that included 30 points.

CocoHusky has mentioned Miles in the past. Very highly regarded.

Reaction Score
UConn was on-hand to watch the NJ Demons today, presumably for 2021 Blair Academy guard Olivia Miles. All Miles did was get a triple double that included 30 points.

CocoHusky has mentioned Miles in the past. Very highly regarded.

uhhum.........

"My daughter has played head to head against Correa on several occasions and always ended up way on the short end......extremely quick with an improving outside shot.....LC has been slowed by an ankle injury so her stats are down a bit.....her game is very is similar to LILU's Celeste Taylor who is going to Texas...in addition to Correa, UConn had a chance to see Blair's excellent freshmen back court combination of Dominique Darius and Olivia Miles who are making waves in the prep school world.....Charliebball, Feb 13, 2018ReporttReplies

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In the aforementioned game between Fairfax and Missouri on Saturday:

Azzi Fudd: 11-21 FG, 3-5 3-pt, 7-7 FT, 32 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals in 25 minutes

Sam Brunelle: 3-10 FG, 2-7 3-pt, 9 points, 6 rebounds in 30 minutes

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd: 11-21 FG, 3-5 3-pt, 7-7 FT, 32 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals in 25 minutes
This Brunelle Boo performance is starting to become a thing. She has yet to hit double figures in three games while the #1 in 2021 Fudd (two classes behind) is dominating against the same level of competition on the same team. Oh and BTW current 2020 #1 Clark is also dominating and Horston in the 2019 class is also killing it.

Reaction Score
This Brunelle Boo performance is starting to become a thing. She has yet to hit double figures in three games while the #1 in 2021 Fudd (two classes behind) is dominating against the same level of competition on the same team. Oh and BTW current 2020 #1 Clark is also dominating and Horston in the 2019 class is also killing it.

ND is recruiting Clark, Bueckers and Fudd hard...............UConn should consider looking at Clark who is quite a player too.............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Clark struggled today though.

1-8 from the field, 6 points, 4 assists

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Friday stats:

Fudd: 25 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 2 stls, 0 TO, 10-12 FG, 3-3 3-pt, 2-2 FT

Brunelle: 8 points, 1 reb, 0 assts, 3 TO, 3-4 FG, 2-2 3-pt

Fudd: 22 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 9-19 FG, 1-3 3-pt, 3-5 FT

Brunelle: 7 points, 4 rebs, 5 assists, 2-5 FG, 1-1 3-pt, 2-4 FT

Haley Jones: 8 points, 6 rebs, 4 assists, 2 stls, 3-5 FG, 2-5 FT, in 13 minutes

Cameron Brink: 4 points, 5 rebs, 5 assists, 1 blk, 4 fouls, 2-2 FG, 0-2 FT, in 8 minutes

Jones: 21 points, 5 rebs, 6 assists, 8-15 FG, 1-3 3-pt, 4-6 FT, in 19 minutes

Brink: 14 points, 4 rebs, 1 assist, 3 stls, 2 blks, 4 fouls, 7-10 FG, in 13 minutes

Reaction Score

I was just never all out Brunelle like so many on this board. Shooting efficiency has always been an issue even against inferior competition in rural VA.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND is recruiting Clark, Bueckers and Fudd hard.....UConn should consider looking at Clark who is quite a player too...

Hey, Hey, Hey....I thought you'd let the Irish get Clark if UConn could get Bueckers. The only trouble with that agreement is MM apparently doesn't care for it and is going after PB, as well. Well, best-laid plans....:confused::rolleyes:

Personally, I'm a big Clark fan...smooth athlete, good height for a PG, quick release on her jumper and a calm, yet determined resolve. Give her the keys.....:cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More Stats:

Amari DeBerry:

7 points, 0 rebs, 3-9 FG in 7 minutes

3 points, 3 rebs, 1 blk, 1-3 FG, 0-3 FT, in 14 minutes

15 points, 5 rebs, 6-11 FG, 3-4 FT, in 24 minutes

Leilani Correa:

7 points, 3 stls, 2-6 FG, 3-4 FT, in 24 minutes

11 points, 3 rebs, 5-6 FG, 1-2 FT, in 24 minutes

16 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 2-8 FG, 1-1 3-pt, 11-14 FT, in 29 minutes

Reaction Score
Hey, Hey, Hey....I thought you'd let the Irish get Clark if UConn could get Bueckers. The only trouble with that agreement is MM apparently doesn't care for it and is going after PB, as well. Well, best-laid plans....:confused::rolleyes:

Personally, I'm a big Clark fan...smooth athlete, good height for a PG, quick release on her jumper and a calm, yet determined resolve. Give her the keys.....:cool:

what's good for the goose is good for the gander..............:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom