2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri | The Boneyard

2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri

Reaction Score
I notice that Bueckers' North Tartan team plays Friday at 12:30 EDT. Anyone planning on attending?

I noticed this link for live streaming but have no other information. It would be nice to watch these players compete against each other rather than just reading about how good they play.

Live Stream 2017

Anyone know what team Boston plays on and if they are playing this weekend?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I notice that Bueckers' North Tartan team plays Friday at 12:30 EDT. Anyone planning on attending?

I noticed this link for live streaming but have no other information. It would be nice to watch these players compete against each other rather than just reading about how good they play.

Live Stream 2017
Last year Aliyah played for team IExcel. I did not see IExcel on the list of teams playing. Keep in mind that to play in this Tournament you must be a Nike sponsored AAU team. Don't see any Mass. based AAU teams on the list so Aliyah would have to hook up with Exodus or ESSENCE out of NYC or Spice Gym Rats out of Albany NY area.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why any of us UConn fans should even bother watching these tournaments any more...............according to the ND boards they've got the top five rated recruits from 2019-2024 all locked up..................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For those of you interested in Haley Jones, she plays for Cal Stars at 2pm and 8pm on Friday. Also on this team, which draws from all over the West Coast are Cameron Brink (#4 in the class of 2020.) She's from Oregon, close family friends with one Steph Curry. In addition, watch for Brooke Demetre, the #1 rated player in California for the class of 2021. She plays for Mater Dei, a school from which we've gotten a couple of pretty decent players in the past. She's already been offered by Baylor, Oregon, Cal, and USC. ( the real on in L.A)

Reaction Score
For those of you interested in Haley Jones, she plays for Cal Stars at 2pm and 8pm on Friday. Also on this team, which draws from all over the West Coast are Cameron Brink (#4 in the class of 2020.) She's from Oregon, close family friends with one Steph Curry. In addition, watch for Brooke Demetre, the #1 rated player in California for the class of 2021. She plays for Mater Dei, a school from which we've gotten a couple of pretty decent players in the past. She's already been offered by Baylor, Oregon, Cal, and USC. ( the real on in L.A)

All three would be important gets for UConn...............I hope the Huskies are well represented down there................gotta prove that UConn recruiting is as effective as always.............

Reaction Score

I wonder who will be the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
I wonder who will be the best player on the team.

Likely Jones but Brink will probably be the best defender while Demetre makes numerous eye popping plays but not consistently. Hannah Jump 5-11 W and Stanford commit is also one to watch. She is the second coming of Karlie Samuelson.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Last year Aliyah played for team IExcel. I did not see IExcel on the list of teams playing. Keep in mind that to play in this Tournament you must be a Nike sponsored AAU team. Don't see any Mass. based AAU teams on the list so Aliyah would have to hook up with Exodus or ESSENCE out of NYC or Spice Gym Rats out of Albany NY area.

Coco: According to a past I saw from Wall Street, she still is, along with:
Aliyah Boston 6’4″-2019
Taniya Hanner 6’2″-2019
Raanee Smith 6’2″-2019
Mya Bembry 6’1″-2019
Kaia Harrison 5’7″-2019
Cassidy Roberts 5’7″-2019
Alexsia Rose 5’6″-2020
Alexis Moragne 5’8″-2019

Mya Bembry is an interesting player to keep an eye on...plays for West Orange High School and led them to their best season in history, including a win over D1-laden Saddle River Day. In the NJ playoffs, she also played well against Fraklin and Diamond Miller. Same size as Miller and comparable athletically. Not as technically proficient and could use some coaching. However, very talented and spirited player...think she'll continue to improve. One of the better surprises I saw this winter.

Reaction Score

Live Stream 2017

this may work

PassThaBall.com on Twitter

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Likely Jones but Brink will probably be the best defender while Demetre makes numerous eye popping plays but not consistently. Hannah Jump 5-11 W and Stanford commit is also one to watch. She is the second coming of Karlie Samuelson.

I looked up Karlie Samuelsson and was somewhat surprised to see that she was "only" 6'0" tall (at least on the Stanford roster). Didn't realize Kate Lou was that much taller. So, yes, Hannah Jump -- an English citizen, btw -- could be akin to Karlie. If that's the case, I'm looking to see if Lexie Hull has a game like her fellow Washington native, Brittany McPhee.

Reaction Score
I looked up Karlie Samuelsson and was somewhat surprised to see that she was "only" 6'0" tall (at least on the Stanford roster). Didn't realize Kate Lou was that much taller. So, yes, Hannah Jump -- an English citizen, btw -- could be akin to Karlie. If that's the case, I'm looking to see if Lexie Hull has a game like her fellow Washington native, Brittany McPhee.

My first time seeing the Hull twins play was the Geico Nationals this year versus Hamilton Heights and I was impressed. Both are so fundamentally sound and have textbook jump shots. Lexie is clearly the superior but Lacie is no slouch. Both will do great things under Tara’s tutelage.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey watched 2021 2-guard Caroline Ducharme this morning. Ducharme is back playing after tearing her ACL last year.

Reaction Score
One of the early games Friday is between North Tartan and All Ohio. That will be a match-up of Paige Bueckers and Jordan Horston. A tasty appetizer!
I think Paige plays on an AAU team with her age group, 2020. So I don't think they will matchup.

Reaction Score
Chris Dailey watched 2021 2-guard Caroline Ducharme this morning. Ducharme is back playing after tearing her ACL last year.

Ducharme has a true affinity towards UConn based on her twitter account.........I know she's good.............I hope she turns out to be UConn quality because the loyalty appears to be there.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Big match-up of the day Friday turned out to be Fairfax against All Iowa. Azzi Fudd scored 22 points to counter Caitlin Clark's 29 in the win. Sam Brunelle scored 7.

In another Fairfax game Azzi Fudd had 25 points while Brunelle scored 8.

Jordan Horston scored 20 against North Tartan but, as mentioned above, the non-Bueckers' squad.

Top recruits shine on opening day of Nike EYBL girls tournament

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Big match-up of the day Friday turned out to be Fairfax against All Iowa. Azzi Fudd scored 22 points to counter Caitlin Clark's 29 in the win. Sam Brunelle scored 7.

In another Fairfax game Azzi Fudd had 25 points while Brunelle scored 8.

Jordan Horston scored 20 against North Tartan but, as mentioned above, the non-Bueckers' squad.

Top recruits shine on opening day of Nike EYBL girls tournament
Azzi is really, really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom