2018 New Targets - Freshmen and Grad Transfers | The Boneyard

2018 New Targets - Freshmen and Grad Transfers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We've got dozens of rambling threads about the guys who we released from NLIs. Most have gone off track. We've got a list of targets for 2019.

What I am more interested in right now are our targets to fill the open roster spots and scholarships for next year. So what are people hearing? Who do you think we can go after? There are many good freshmen out there who have not signed a NLI, even if they have given a verbal. We are allowed to keep recruiting those guys, right (or to start)? There is a decent looking list of Grad Transfers who may be available, including some point guards.

This should be an exciting next month or so as we see how this roster shapes up for next year.

Reaction Score
I don't know who we are recruiting for 2018 but we need a pg and shooting and these are the best of the uncommitted players
Best available 2018 point guards:
Brandon Williams 6'2"
Courtney Ramey 6'3"
Jimmy Akinjo 5'11"
Tyler Harris 5'9"

Shooting/combo guards:
Romeo Langford 6'5"
Devonaire Doutrive 6'5"
Myreon Jones 6'3"
Malik Riddle 6'4"

A lot of these guys are from the west and the south.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't know who we are recruiting for 2018 but we need a pg and shooting and these are the best of the uncommitted players
Brandon Williams 6'2"
Courtney Ramey 6'3"
James Akinjo 5'11"
Tyler Harris 5'9"

Shooting/combo guards:
Romeo Langford 6'5"
Devonaire Doutrive 6'5"
Myreon Jones 6'3"
Malik Riddle 6'4"

A lot of these guys are from the west and the south.

I wouldn't focus on just uncommitted guys. Lots of guys only gave a verbal, so we could poach them.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't focus on just uncommitted guys. Lots of guys only gave a verbal, so we could poach them.

Thats true. Has there been any reports of Hurley reaching out to anyone yet?

Reaction Score
I keep hearing rumors about him trying to land a couple 2019 kids that are eligible to reclassify. Not getting any names though

Reaction Score
Thats true. Has there been any reports of Hurley reaching out to anyone yet?

As I would expect he is flying well under any radar with whatever movements he is making out there. I honestly expect we will hear some news (good I am confident of) within a couple of weeks. Just think with his ties he will shush the doubters rather quickly, nothing I know just seems like that kind of guy.

Reaction Score
As I would expect he is flying well under any radar with whatever movements he is making out there. I honestly expect we will hear some news (good I am confident of) within a couple of weeks. Just think with his ties he will shush the doubters rather quickly, nothing I know just seems like that kind of guy.
I can't imagine he mutually parts ways with two recruits if he isn't very confident he can land a couple of guys he wants this year. Hopefully April is a good month for us

Reaction Score
He may be waiting a bit to see how the URI job is resolved.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I want to see how he coaches up the returning players. Will be interesting to see who gets less, who gets more playing time. Especially to see how he uses Kwinton Williams.
I agree on Williams. I think he was short changed for some reason. He had flashes when he was in, especially a slam dunk that was impressive. This kid needs a chance imo. Hopefully he shows that in practice.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I can't imagine he mutually parts ways with two recruits if he isn't very confident he can land a couple of guys he wants this year. Hopefully April is a good month for us

That's what I'm hoping. That between uncommitted guys, guys who gave just a verbal, and guys who can reclassify, there should be a big enough pool of talent for him to land some solid recruits. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a grad transfer point guard, if there is one he thinks can contribute. I think @mauconnfan is right that he wouldn't want to signal this publicly. His connections are different than Ollie's and I'm sure he may be working on guys behind the scenes. If he's trying to poach a verbal commit that Ollie never recruited for example, he wouldn't want to telegraph that.

Reaction Score
I'd another million (yet to be found btw) to DH's salary if he brings in Brandon Williams.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Brandon Williams 6'2"
Courtney Ramey 6'3"
James Akinjo 5'11"
Tyler Harris 5'9"

Great, another Akinjo thread... ;)

Reaction Score
I'd another million (yet to be found btw) to DH's salary if he brings in Brandon Williams.
Bobby Hurley is chasing him. Not shot DH offers him.

Haven’t heard anything about him, but Hurley did offer Courtney Ramey at URI, and he still hasn’t committed despite being a Mizzou lean.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Haven’t heard anything about him, but Hurley did offer Courtney Ramey at URI, and he still hasn’t committed despite being a Mizzou lean.
What better to get the fan base even more fired up has to beat your brother and a P5 conference for a high rated recruit

Reaction Score

I have no doubt this would only be because of timing as in late to the party. They will be chasing the same kids from here on in I am sure. I must admit, if DH knew he'd have a shot and there was potential his bro wasn't getting him anyway he'd go all in.

Reaction Score
What better to get the fan base even more fired up has to beat your brother and a P5 conference for a high rated recruit
I have no doubt this would only be because of timing as in late to the party. They will be chasing the same kids from here on in I am sure. I must admit, if DH knew he'd have a shot and there was potential his bro wasn't getting him anyway he'd go all in.
Yeah we would have no chance. Too late and the kid wants to stay out west.

Reaction Score
Justin Coleman, redshirt junior immediately eligible from Samford. 5'10 PG, averaged 13.5 PPG and 6 APG. Not great but if we need a point guard.. Was a 4 star prospect out of high school.

Reaction Score
Kory Holden, averaged 17 ppg two years ago with delaware but then transferred to south carolina last season and didn't see much time. Rs Jr immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
Kory Holden, averaged 17 ppg two years ago with delaware but then transferred to south carolina last season and didn't see much time. Rs Jr immediately eligible.

I go to Delaware and am friends with a bunch of guys on the team, apparently Holden is done with basketball, he’s had a bunch of knee issues and decided to hang em up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom