2018 Jordan Brand Classic | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2018 Jordan Brand Classic

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She’s surprisingly physical considering how relatively frail she is for a low post player. She’s going to do well at UConn. I know physicality was a major concern for most re: Nelson-Ododa.. but I’m not too concerned anymore.
Liv has thin arms, but not skinny legs.

If Liv hangs out with Crystal, we’ll be calling them Guns I and Guns II.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She’s surprisingly physical considering how relatively frail she is for a low post player. She’s going to do well at UConn. I know physicality was a major concern for most re: Nelson-Ododa.. but I’m not too concerned anymore.
Perhaps it was due to her rehab from the knee injury or it might just have been a teenage girl growing but Liv's lower body is significantly stronger and more defined that it was in summer of 2016 when she was playing USA basketball.
liv.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what I saw in both all-American games, Austin displayed more versatility... she seems to prefer facing the basket. She showed an ability to score in multiple ways. She was more finesse to me. Playing inside out of pure necessity.

I was actually surprised by how much Nelson-Ododa played inside.. it appeared to me that she actually likes banging down low, which was surprising to me because I’ve always thought of her as a finesse/high post player.. but she can BANG. The name of the game at UConn is versatility obviously, and she has the tools to be a respectable midrange/three point shooter but I think she’s going to make a very fine low post player at UConn in due time.

I saw some of the McD's game. She was really active and aggressive. It wasn't necessarily going all her way, but you could see she was athletic and has plenty of frame to build on. if she's got the aggression she can be developed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom