2018-2019 Season Ticket Selection | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Season Ticket Selection

Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering why so many seats are gone? It's supposed to start tomorrow. Wonder if big time donors went in already.

Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering why so many seats are gone? It's supposed to start tomorrow. Wonder if big time donors went in already.

Any big time donors out there want to explain?

Reaction Score
BUMP. I've heard high donors are complaining about the select process this year. Seems like seats are missing before the first day.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Very confused how there are so little lower bowl seats left. It’s only day 1? This is beyond bizarre

Reaction Score
Very confused how there are so little lower bowl seats left. It’s only day 1? This is beyond bizarre
Something is not right about this. Before the selection started there was missing seats.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
BUMP. I've heard high donors are complaining about the select process this year. Seems like seats are missing before the first day.
Imma keep it a buck with y’all, AD David Benedict is sketchy. He is the opposite of translucent with the fan base.

Reaction Score
Imma keep it a buck with y’all, AD David Benedict is sketchy. He is the opposite of translucent with the fan base.
I have this hunch that they sold off blocks of seats to 3rd party sellers before letting the donors pick seats.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say I’m a big time donor but I give a decent amount each year. In addition I follow all sports so that must add to my points. I selected today and I got what I consider appropriate seating for what I give. No complaints here.

Reaction Score
Is it worth emailing the athletic department and asking why there are so few seats available? I have 6-7x the points I had last year and select in the middle of the process. I feel like I will end up in the upper bowl after being in a lower corner last year.

Reaction Score
I'm very confused as to why there are so few lower level seats left at the end of day one. Spoke with my season ticket rep and he was confused as r=to why my seats for Gampel were already gone before the selection started this morning. I pick Thursday morning, earlier than last year and there seems to be less inventory.

Something is terribly wrong here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Is it worth emailing the athletic department and asking why there are so few seats available? I have 6-7x the points I had last year and select in the middle of the process. I feel like I will end up in the upper bowl after being in a lower corner last year.

I called my season ticket rep as we are in the same boat as you. He had no clue why other than saying some high donors already went.

We went to lower bowl section 113 last year and were very happy. We pick Thursday morning. The inventory we saw last year just isn't there. There were 41% of the lower bowl tux gone before they even started the process on Monday.

I am really upset and concerned. I already emailed Dave Benedict but that won't help.

Reaction Score
Fake News - Relax. I selected yesterday in the afternoon. There were tons seats in lower level including the ones i had last year. I selected mens and
women's at both gampel and XL. I donated $1,000 this year which isn't too much.

Reaction Score
Fake News - Relax. I selected yesterday in the afternoon. There were tons seats in lower level including the ones i had last year. I selected mens and
women's at both gampel and XL. I donated $1,000 this year which isn't too much.
Sorry I can't agree with you although I hope you are right.

I gave a little more than you but obviously you have more points since I don't pick till Thursday morning. I get all 4 sets of BBall tix and still feel that I will not be able to stay in lower bowl for the men's tix in Gampel.

Again thanks for your input and i hope you are right but I'm feeling based on what's left I'm going back up stairs. After 30 years of this yoyo I might just quit trying.

Reaction Score
There's nothing to agree with here - not an opinion. What I stated was fact. Yes i have many points as I've had tix since 82 and
have donated large amounts. From what I saw there were many seats on the 100's, not in the middle but everywhere else

Reaction Score
There's nothing to agree with here - not an opinion. What I stated was fact. Yes i have many points as I've had tix since 82 and
have donated large amounts. From what I saw there were many seats on the 100's, not in the middle but everywhere else

Doesn't matter how long you've had tickets point system reset last year.

I said it before. I use to donate yearly nothing huge and have had season tickets for 15 years. Until Dave Benedict is gone I will no longer donate and i stopped purchasing football tickets as well. I don't trust him and don't agree with how long time ticket holders were basically told their loyalty and support over the years means jack

Reaction Score
again not true. Every year a portion of it resets, But you still get credit for your past donations. Sorry you have so much hate for
someone that it causes you to not buy your tickets, too bad

Reaction Score
again not true. Every year a portion of it resets, But you still get credit for your past donations. Sorry you have so much hate for
someone that it causes you to not buy your tickets, too bad
New system of rewarding loyalty for number of years you have been donating and buying tickets isn't retroactive. So in a sense my 37 years don't get rewarded.

Reaction Score
well i guess I'm an outlier then, bc I'm certainly being rewarded for years giving Money. If you have just been getting seats and donating nothing, yes then you're out of luck. But they certainly still reward years of giving

Reaction Score
New system of rewarding loyalty for number of years you have been donating and buying tickets isn't retroactive. So in a sense my 37 years don't get rewarded.

That doesn't appear to be true.. Priority Points

>>PRIORITY POINTS ARE AWARDED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
  • Unrestricted giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Restricted giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Seat Donations
  • Consecutive years of giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Season Ticket Purchases (football, men's and women's basketball, men's ice hockey and men's and women's soccer)
  • Being a UConn graduate (main or regional, undergraduate or graduate) *
  • Being a former UConn student-athlete *<<
>> HISTORICAL POINTS: Priority points earned prior to the 2017-18 giving year will be maintained. We will not recalculate points based on the new criteria. In other words, previous season ticket purchases and years of consecutive giving will not earn points retroactively but will earn points moving forward. Points earned in the new system will be added a donor's current, accumulated point total.<<

>>CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF GIVING TO ATHLETICS*: Ten (10) points will be awarded for each year of consecutive giving to the Husky Athletic Fund. The first points earned for consecutive years giving would be in a donor's second year contributing. Donors will not have technically given in consecutive years until they have occurred in back-to back years. A minimum gift of $100 each year is necessary to qualify. Earned points may decrease if a donor does not donate to the Husky Athletic Fund (a minimum of $100) in consecutive years. In this scenario, the donor will lose consecutive years of giving priority points previously accumulated.,,

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That doesn't appear to be true.. Priority Points

>>PRIORITY POINTS ARE AWARDED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
  • Unrestricted giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Restricted giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Seat Donations
  • Consecutive years of giving to the Division of Athletics
  • Season Ticket Purchases (football, men's and women's basketball, men's ice hockey and men's and women's soccer)
  • Being a UConn graduate (main or regional, undergraduate or graduate) *
  • Being a former UConn student-athlete *<<
>> HISTORICAL POINTS: Priority points earned prior to the 2017-18 giving year will be maintained. We will not recalculate points based on the new criteria. In other words, previous season ticket purchases and years of consecutive giving will not earn points retroactively but will earn points moving forward. Points earned in the new system will be added a donor's current, accumulated point total.<<

>>CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF GIVING TO ATHLETICS*: Ten (10) points will be awarded for each year of consecutive giving to the Husky Athletic Fund. The first points earned for consecutive years giving would be in a donor's second year contributing. Donors will not have technically given in consecutive years until they have occurred in back-to back years. A minimum gift of $100 each year is necessary to qualify. Earned points may decrease if a donor does not donate to the Husky Athletic Fund (a minimum of $100) in consecutive years. In this scenario, the donor will lose consecutive years of giving priority points previously accumulated.,,

You forgot the negative point section.

-1000 for missing kick off or tip off
-2000 for not bringing a friend to the game
-1 if you still like kevin ollie or bob diaco.

Reaction Score
well i guess I'm an outlier then, bc I'm certainly being rewarded for years giving Money. If you have just been getting seats and donating nothing, yes then you're out of luck. But they certainly still reward years of giving
My point was the new system gives the following:
Consecutive Years of Giving *10 points/ yearSeason Ticket Purchases
(Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Men's Ice Hockey)2 points per ticket purchasedSeason Ticket Purchases
(main or regional; undergraduate or graduate)50 points (one-time)UConn Former Student-Athlete **100 points (one-time)

For me that would be 370+50= 420 more points than I already have if it was retroactive.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest problem this year is that hundreds of seats were missing before the process started. Last year almost every seat was available

Reaction Score
My point was the new system gives the following:
Consecutive Years of Giving *10 points/ yearSeason Ticket Purchases
(Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Men's Ice Hockey)2 points per ticket purchasedSeason Ticket Purchases
(main or regional; undergraduate or graduate)50 points (one-time)UConn Former Student-Athlete **100 points (one-time)

For me that would be 370+50= 420 more points than I already have if it was retroactive.
Yes but it wouldn’t mean that much more because it would be the same for everyone who has been giving

Reaction Score
Yes but it wouldn’t mean that much more because it would be the same for everyone who has been giving
I realize that, but it would help keep some of us long time fans and donirs ahead of someone who comes in and lays down a big donation.
After our 1st championship our seats changed dramatically with no change in our donation level because of people who wanted in. I have fought with Uconn for 25+ years to do what they are finally doing, which is rewarding loyalty.

Reaction Score
I have this hunch that they sold off blocks of seats to 3rd party sellers before letting the donors pick seats.
Some of us non-casuals got special 11:11 am start times and bought em all up. Notice Chief is hiding the date/time he got.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom