2018-2019 Season Ticket Selection | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Season Ticket Selection

Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering why so many seats are gone? It's supposed to start tomorrow. Wonder if big time donors went in already.

I did see some lower 100 level sections blocked off prior to selection Monday. Some of the reasons I'm guessing they were blocked of are:
1. Reserved for student section
2. The coaches of various sports at UConn (Baseball, WBB, MBB, FB, Soccer, etc.) by contract are guaranteed a certain number of seats at different sporting events
3. Players get tickets for their families to attend games
4. Coaches reserve seating for recruits and their families to visit the games
5. Specific seating for the extremely high level donors $100,000+ are given preferential seating
6. Corporate seating deals

To me these are all justifiable reasons for blocking off some sections to the selection process. If it were up to me I'd block off the first 4 rows around the entire court for student seating. Thus ringing the court in noise and students jumping up and down. Would add a lot of excitement and opposing team intimidation to the experience.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I have this hunch that they sold off blocks of seats to 3rd party sellers before letting the donors pick seats.
This. They are secondary marketing seats

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
5. Specific seating for the extremely high level donors $100,000+ are given preferential seating

Also True.
They don't have to do the online selection.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My seats improved significantly in Hartford, near center court, although I had to take 3 in row E together and 1 in row F and over 2 to accomplish this

Seats at GP improved a little, low rows but on the baseline

Reaction Score
I selected Hartford seats today at 2:00 PM, and found available almost exactly the same as last year, in fact I think I upgraded a slight bit.

Reaction Score
Just looking at the inventory left I think I will get just about the same seats as last year in both venues. I am picking my seats about a week earlier than last year.

Reaction Score
I'm in Mexico and had a lot of difficulty logging in (only to the UCONN ticket site - no other internet issues down here) - but missed my window and they picked seats for me. Got pretty much what I had last year but would have rather picked my own.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That I was able to select the seats I did does not bode well for the program.

Reaction Score
Not happy - our seats (4) from last year were already gone so got booted back 5 rows in same section. Absolute BS.

Reaction Score
Not happy - our seats (4) from last year were already gone so got booted back 5 rows in same section. Absolute BS.

Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous.

I've contacted our ticket rep about it - I should have stuck with my original gut instinct and not agreed to pick our tickets this year, should have just stayed with where we were. At the very least, they should give the option of your old seats being reserved in case you can't find something worthwhile.

Reaction Score
I've contacted our ticket rep about it - I should have stuck with my original gut instinct and not agreed to pick our tickets this year, should have just stayed with where we were. At the very least, they should give the option of your old seats being reserved in case you can't find something worthwhile.

I’d imagine season ticket sales have been down since 2014. UConn athletics should be rolling out the red carpet for repeat season ticket holders.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Y'know, it might just be one of those things. We had our same two seats for 5 years. I'm pretty sure that we had more many points than were needed for the pair. All of a sudden we get bumped one year. During the season, my buddy went up to them and gently asked why they chose those seats. They said they wanted to sit in the same seats they had for the women's games (and had a ton of points).

Reaction Score
I chose my seat at 2pm today for both XL (4) and Gampel (2). I am choosing like 6 to 8 days earlier this year and my seats at XL are either a few rows worse or about the same. I move my seats there because the ones I had last year (and all similar options) were gone. At Gampel I moved closer by about 3 to 5 rows. I do think there is something up with the availability of XL seats. I still like my XL seats but it is kinda strange.

C

Chief00

Personally, I got great seats, even better than last year. I appreciate that. I feel for those who didn’t.

The availability of seats when the selection process opened has NOTHING to do with the new point system.

The school administrators, students and business sponsors are responsible for the seats that were unavailable at season ticket tip off time. To a lesser extent families and friends of players and recruits are factors too. Group sales may also play some role.

Please keep in mind the end zone bar removed lower level XL seats, I believe around 500. Would have made more sense to do that in the lower upper level.
Once the process started the number of seats a season ticket holder can order in the lower bowl is up the last couple years. For example, some can now order 6 seats were before they could order 4. So this means less seat selection for the folks behind them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Like I was saying hundreds of seats were missing before the process started. Even if they let the high donors go first there shouldn't have been that many seats missing. When they did this last year every seat was available. When I called our rep they didn't have an answer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't believe the great mass of ticket buyers are getting hosed. The seats I was thrilled to get last year were available when it was my turn. So was pretty much the entire section. I made no big bump in donation, I do get FB tickets.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the great mass of ticket buyers are getting hosed. The seats I was thrilled to get last year were available when it was my turn. So was pretty much the entire section. I made no big bump in donation, I do get FB tickets.

probably not 100% widespread, but it seems like there's definitely issues. I was monitoring the seating about 2 hours before my assigned time, and our row from last year was long-gone from the looks of it - I was lucky to even get anything in the same section, I got the last of the available seats for the number of tickets I was buying for (4).

Reaction Score
Just got off a chat with customer service - was told the entire building (XL, not sure about Gampel) is reset every year. Was told our seats from last year are now with a different customer and there's nothing they can do. Said they will attempt to get our old seats back for 2019-20, but no guarantees. CSR said that they'll pass along my complaints to higher ups too, and indicated I'm not the only one. I guess it's a case of 'it is what it is', but still not a happy camper at all.

edit: should have mentioned CSR was very professional and helpful, so happy with that part.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just got off a chat with customer service - was told the entire building (XL, not sure about Gampel) is reset every year.
Hasn't it been like that for years?

Reaction Score
Personally, I got great seats, even better than last year. I appreciate that. I feel for those who didn’t.

The availability of seats when the selection process opened has NOTHING to do with the new point system.

The school administrators, students and business sponsors are responsible for the seats that were unavailable at season ticket tip off time. To a lesser extent families and friends of players and recruits are factors too. Group sales may also play some role.

Please keep in mind the end zone bar removed lower level XL seats, I believe around 500. Would have made more sense to do that in the lower upper level.
Once the process started the number of seats a season ticket holder can order in the lower bowl is up the last couple years. For example, some can now order 6 seats were before they could order 4. So this means less seat selection for the folks behind them.
In the xl, I moved from section 101, down low, to 102 down low. an upgrade. GP even better. I moved from 221 row A mid court, no seatback, to 209 row 2, mid court, with a seatback. Am very happy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom