2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Reaction Score

Jeff Long @jefflongKU
After meeting with Coach Beaty, I met with the @KU_Football Team to inform them of the decision. I explained the Head Coach qualities that would be the foundation of our search, the vision for our future, and reinforced the commitment to Breaking the Cycle! Our search starts now!

Reaction Score
Babers isn't going to Maryland - its a lateral move (stop with ACC V B10) and to a program that's a mess - he's got it going at SU no need to leave unless something attractive come along and Maryland is not it.

KU should have hired Reagan not Beaty that was a very poor decision on their part when Weiss left, if they were going to go internal after the Weiss fiasco.

Reaction Score
Jeff Long the new KU AD has vowed to spend on the next hire.

KU alums are thinking Les Miles

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Babers isn't going to Maryland - its a lateral move (stop with ACC V B10) and to a program that's a mess - he's got it going at SU no need to leave unless something attractive come along and Maryland is not it.

KU should have hired Reagan not Beaty that was a very poor decision on their part when Weiss left, if they were going to go internal after the Weiss fiasco.

My biggest complain with DB is he’s starting his 2nd best qb. It cost him vs Clemson. But what he’s done at cuse is nothing short of amazing. But he’s perfect for cuse’s domw though.

Really curious to see who poached him. A shame he didn’t get the Arizona job. He wouldn’t have wasted the immense talent of Khalil Tate

Reaction Score
Jeff Long @jefflongKU
After meeting with Coach Beaty, I met with the @KU_Football Team to inform them of the decision. I explained the Head Coach qualities that would be the foundation of our search, the vision for our future, and reinforced the commitment to Breaking the Cycle! Our search starts now!

Jeff Long @jefflongKU
Our search will find an experienced Head Coach. A Head Coach that is a proven program builder and strong recruiter. A Head Coach that is an established leader of men, both on and off the field. A Head Coach who is committed to Breaking the Cycle for @KU_Football

With that...

Reaction Score
If I were Maryland’s AD I’d try to hire our old friend Joe Moorhead away from Miss St. He’s a northeast guy from Pittsburgh who thrived in the B1G when he was OC at PSU. Without him, PSU has floundered. He’s free from scandal and would bring an exciting offensive mindset to College Park.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If I were Maryland’s AD I’d try to hire our old friend Joe Moorhead away from Miss St. He’s a northeast guy from Pittsburgh who thrived in the B1G when he was OC at PSU. Without him, PSU has floundered. He’s free from scandal and would bring an exciting offensive mindset to College Park.

Fair points. This would also be a job I’d like Les miles at. The dude can obviously recruit and the dc metro is fertile grounds. But he needs to be willing to hand over the reigns to a rock solid oc.

Reaction Score
Kansas would be the perfect school to go unconventional and hire either the Army or Navy coach. Paul Johnson's system would give them a unique identity, is a proven winner and you don't need to recruit 4 star players to win. BTW Army almost beat Oklahoma this year. I doubt they do it, but that is the type of school that should do it. (a school searching for an identity) I'm an advocate for it at UCONN too, but I know most UCONN fans hate the idea.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What would be the point of going from cuse to Maryland?
Maryland could be a big job. A lot of big time talent in that state and the surrounding area and unlike Rutgers they some sustained success under Fridge.

Reaction Score
Kansas would be the perfect school to go unconventional and hire either the Army or Navy coach. Paul Johnson's system would give them a unique identity, is a proven winner and you don't need to recruit 4 star players to win. BTW Army almost beat Oklahoma this year. I doubt they do it, but that is the type of school that should do it. (a school searching for an identity) I'm an advocate for it at UCONN too, but I know most UCONN fans hate the idea.
We need a defense now. Our offense is light years better than years past. Role reversal. Crocker has to be on the hot seat. Abysmal

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

A Colorado reporter has disputed this report, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. They've tanked after starting the season 5-0. Even still, I'm not sure what they expect to happen at Colorado. As long as they hit 6 wins they should consider it a success.

Reaction Score
A Colorado reporter has disputed this report, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. They've tanked after starting the season 5-0. Even still, I'm not sure what they expect to happen at Colorado. As long as they hit 6 wins they should consider it a success.
Yup - time will tell.

Reaction Score
Jeff Long @jefflongKU

Jeff Long @jefflongKU
Our search will find an experienced Head Coach. A Head Coach that is a proven program builder and strong recruiter. A Head Coach that is an established leader of men, both on and off the field. A Head Coach who is committed to Breaking the Cycle for @KU_Football

It’s that time of year... Fire up the FlightTrackers! ;):D

Reaction Score
Yup - time will tell.

I live in the Denver area. Coach says it is not true. Talk radio is mixed on topic. Team was very successful for a period, so the bar is high. The expectation is that they compete for BCS playoff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom