2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Reaction Score
Rhetts just hit "send" on his updated application!
After Auburn's former AD opened the exit door and effectively directed Gus Malzahn to kick Lashlee out the door in Jan 2017? Hmmm, stranger things have happened, e.g, the University of No Classes just re-hired an elderly coach and some other far more respectable institution also re-hired a coach in The Quiet Corner ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I am missing? Seems like UMass threw a dart here. Not sure they have much of a choice though.
Not so sure about throwing a dart, but umess' AD sure appears target locked on throwing the ball. ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
After Auburn's former AD opened the exit door and effectively directed Gus Malzahn to kick Lashlee out the door in Jan 2017? Hmmm, stranger things have happened, e.g, the University of No Classes just re-hired an elderly coach and some other far more respectable institution also re-hired a coach in The Quiet Corner ...
I was just having some fun. Not serious.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What I am missing? Seems like UMass threw a dart here. Not sure they have much of a choice though.

Okay happy I’m not the only one thinking this. FSUs offense was putrid and Maryland was never anything special while he was there. Weird hire

Reaction Score
Okay happy I’m not the only one thinking this. FSUs offense was putrid and Maryland was never anything special while he was there. Weird hire

Assume you are an up and coming coach looking for your first HC gig. What in the world would drive you to Bedouin U?

Frankly, it is odder that he took this job, no matter how mediocre his resume was. He has now entered the witness protection program for coaches.

Reaction Score
Next...

>>The 33-year-old Healy went 13-21 in three seasons at Austin Peay, but took over a program on a 16-game losing streak and was 1-45 before he arrived.<<

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB 5 minutes ago
BREAKING: Kliff Kingsbury has agreed to a deal with #USC, per source.

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB 4 minutes ago
Kingsbury LOVES developing young talent, which was reflected in his work with Patrick Mahomes and all of those WRs he put in the NFL (Tech had more WRs on NFL rosters than any school). Staying at the college level was very appealing, and #USC has a ton of young talent at QB & WR.

Never saw this one coming. I recognize TTU is a terrible location (unless you're part of a carvan migrating north), but USC used to be a special place. I'd have to bet this has folks in Wash, Utah, Palo Alto and even over at UCLA feeling pretty excited. I give this 3 years, before the Trojan faithful realize the Holiday Bowl is the not the apex.

Reaction Score
Never saw this one coming. I recognize TTU is a terrible location (unless you're part of a carvan migrating north), but USC used to be a special place. I'd have to bet this has folks in Wash, Utah, Palo Alto and even over at UCLA feeling pretty excited. I give this 3 years, before the Trojan faithful realize the Holiday Bowl is the not the apex.

You do realize he’s only the OC right?

Reaction Score
It's funny that the ECU fanbase had been singing praises about Joe Dooley and Mike Houston for a long time... and they got their wish on hiring both of them

So far, Dooley has (imo) rewarded their admiration with some solid staff hires. I think they'll do well with both guys.
Then people can stop asking why ECU was added.

Reaction Score

The 48-year-old Washington, D.C., native previously posted a 1-5 record as the Terps' interim coach in 2015 after the firing of Randy Edsall. He went 2-26 across two-plus seasons as head coach of the New Mexico Lobos from 2009 through 2011.

Reaction Score
Next...

>>The 33-year-old Healy went 13-21 in three seasons at Austin Peay, but took over a program on a 16-game losing streak and was 1-45 before he arrived.<<

I threw this guy's name out a while back as someone to watch. It's the comparisons to Dabo that made me listen - sounds like a highly motivational style versus disciplinarian. Curious to see how he progresses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom