2017 Yankees thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Well, one mystery solved. Tanaka stays with Yanks. Smart move by him given the health of his elbow and hopefully good move for the Yanks if he is the pitcher we saw down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
6 guys were interviewed for the Yankees open manager position. Cashman will recommend one of them, or a couple, to the Big Stein family who will meet the finalists.

The Yanks should have their guy by the upcoming Baseball Winter Meetings.

The interviewed:

Rob Thomson
Hensley "Bam Bam" Muelens
Eric Wedge
Aaron "F#!%#" Boone
Chris Woodward and...
Carlos Beltran (I am intrigued here)

Reaction Score
I don't follow the National League very closely, but is Gerrit Cole worthy of all the attention that he's getting as a potential Yankee target? His numbers look OK, but nothing spectacular, particularly for an NL pitcher. Without him, I see the Yankee rotation as: Severino, Tanaka, Gray, CC & Jordan Montgomery. Of the folks on this list, whose spot in the rotation does Cole take? The obvious answer is Montgomery, but how much of an improvement does he represent? It seems they're discussing Clint Frazier as the trade bait and I get that as Frazier's path to the Bronx got harder with the addition of Stanton, but I'd hate to give up much more than that for a guy that doesn't seem to be so much better than what we have.

Reaction Score
Clearly the Yankees like him since they drafted him a year or two before Pitt took him #1 overall.

So, they like him already and he has #1 overall talent. Only problem is, his results haven't been great, but Pittsburg thinks he's "ace" material. I don't want them to give up Frazier for him, either, and hopefully since talks seem to have died down we'll see if they can wait them out like they did with Stanton.

His potential is obviously worth it, but hopefully they don't give up a ton to find out he's the newest Ed Whitson / Kenny Rogers / Javier Vazquez "ace" that can't live up to his "ace" pedigree and gets run out of town.

Reaction Score
Clearly the Yankees like him since they drafted him a year or two before Pitt took him #1 overall.

So, they like him already and he has #1 overall talent. Only problem is, his results haven't been great, but Pittsburg thinks he's "ace" material. I don't want them to give up Frazier for him, either, and hopefully since talks seem to have died down we'll see if they can wait them out like they did with Stanton.

His potential is obviously worth it, but hopefully they don't give up a ton to find out he's the newest Ed Whitson / Kenny Rogers / Javier Vazquez "ace" that can't live up to his "ace" pedigree and gets run out of town.

Only thing about him is he's a proven 200 inning plus guy so the chances of awful starts are less he's ready to give you 6-7 innings quite often and keep you in the game with your offense. Also he has shown to be really a good a few years back and surgery may have him getting stronger by now? Not sure but that's a maybe - Montgomery showed some potential but I hope he improves on how fast (or low he's awful) he works and how many innings he can pitch. At times it was obvious he was spent inning 5 and that's scary for the bullpen.

Reaction Score
Cole is a solid 3 in AL.

Innings eater.

Problem is giving up Frazier may be move they regret. I think a future star.

Reaction Score
Cole is a solid 3 in AL.

Innings eater.

Problem is giving up Frazier may be move they regret. I think a future star.

Well it didnt happen Cole to Astros. The Astros will be the team to beat, good on Cashman not overpaying though.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Astros didn’t give up much. Yanks got more for Chapman and Miller than the pirates did for Cole

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom