2017 UConn Commit JUCO QB David Pindell (Columbia, MD) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit JUCO QB David Pindell (Columbia, MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Kev, you beat Medic on this one! I didn't know that was possible. Lol

He's on another level of getting things on here, I just casually go on twitter from time to time. Thought for sure it would had been posted already. Though, I did beat him on Rob King too. So he must be slacking, I'm sure he'll post the next five commits before anyone else now!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
This is just what we needed. He should be able to come in right away and flourish under RL. Based on the highlights, it seems this new offense would work well for him.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What were his other offers and how many years of eligibility does he have?

He'll be a junior, so I believe he has two years. Other offers were Maine, Coastal Carolina, Temple, Eastern Kentucky (I think), GA Southern, Kent State

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Quick release, can throw on the run, accurate and throws long. He also has some nice foot speed.
Is this really UConn football????
WELCOME DAVID PINDELL

Agreed. His release is lightning fast and he poses a serious threat to run the ball when he rolls outside the pocket. Definitely will compete to start this year.

Reaction Score
Absolutely huge to get a JC qb. We need to increase talent at qb. This is a start

Word!
So we know Shirreffs is at school and wants to play. If he leaves spring practice thinking he won't play next year, we will have to see what he does. But I can't imagine he's going to run away fraidy-scared because a QB who has never taken a snap at the FBS level shows up wanting to take his job.

Best case scenario would be for Shirreffs to take the job and have a Tyler Lorenzen like season (I've detailed here previously how they have similar skill sets), he makes it through the year healthy so Pindell can take a redshirt, DW starts to learn how to play WR and also takes the red-shirt BD blew on him this year. We open 2018 with Pindell at QB with 2 years eligibility and DW as a game-breaking all-purpose WR.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So we know Shirreffs is at school and wants to play. If he leaves spring practice thinking he won't play next year, we will have to see what he does. But I can't imagine he's going to run away fraidy-scared because a QB who has never taken a snap at the FBS level shows up wanting to take his job.

Didn't realize that BS was definitely back and looking like he was going to be at spring practice.

All I thought we had was some instagram posts and BY speculation haha.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that BS was definitely back and looking like he was going to be at spring practice.

I'm pretty sure that is all we know lol. and that he's still in school

Reaction Score
Word!

Best case scenario would be for Shirreffs to take the job and have a Tyler Lorenzen like season (I've detailed here previously how they have similar skill sets), he makes it through the year healthy so Pindell can take a redshirt, DW starts to learn how to play WR and also takes the red-shirt BD blew on him this year. We open 2018 with Pindell at QB with 2 years eligibility and DW as a game-breaking all-purpose WR.

You generally don't bring in JUCOs to redshirt. I suspect that Lashlee considers him the front runner to start this season.

Reaction Score

That is all we had. But I found it convincing enough.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Pindell followed me on twitter the other day. I don't tweet a lot and I thought it was unusual to follow me- so I had a good feeling. Congratulations to David and I will tweet to him tomorrow once the letter is signed.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard David Pindell! Good news all around for our offense....

Reaction Score
A bit undersized at 6-1, 185.

We beat Temple and Coastal Carolina.

Pindell was 157 of 257 (63.6 percent) for 2,424 yards, 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
He also rushed for 459 yards and eight touchdowns on 94 carries, averaging 41.7 yards a game and 4.9 yards per rush.

Reaction Score
Lets go!!!!! Huge. Not so worried about QB depth anymore. Let's hope Shirreffs returns and we have a three man race for the job.
Don't oversell this. Very happy but we got Casey Whitmer as a JUCO too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom