2017 UConn Commit JUCO QB David Pindell (Columbia, MD) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit JUCO QB David Pindell (Columbia, MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't oversell this. Very happy but we got Casey Whitmer as a JUCO too.

I agree and video is all you can go by, but he doesn't have Casey Whitmer's QB coach and he can move, he's athletic with a good arm much in the way the game is going these days. And he can see over the line which does help. Not sure but think they have something to work with here.

Reaction Score
A bit undersized at 6-1, 185.

We beat Temple and Coastal Carolina.

Pindell was 157 of 257 (63.6 percent) for 2,424 yards, 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
He also rushed for 459 yards and eight touchdowns on 94 carries, averaging 41.7 yards a game and 4.9 yards per rush.
If he ends up the starter will you want Sherriffs or Williams to replace him?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Whoever the QB is should expect a pounding next season unless Diaco was keeping all conference linemen on the bench. I'm not worried about BS if he gets beat out. His post UConn future in FB is as a coach should he decide to go that route. Even as a backup he could get a lot out of next season and would certainly play some.

That said if he shows up, he's #1 until someone beats him. This staff isn't going to put anyone out there as a growth experiment.

Reaction Score
Whoever the QB is should expect a pounding next season unless Diaco was keeping all conference linemen on the bench. I'm not worried about BS if he gets beat out. His post UConn future in FB is as a coach should he decide to go that route. Even as a backup he could get a lot out of next season and would certainly play some.

That said if he shows up, he's #1 until someone beats him. This staff isn't going to put anyone out there as a growth experiment.
I don't think Lashlee or Grimes are going to design an offense that will require the line to hold their hold blocks for 4 and a half seconds. I think this QB is the latest example that roll outs and designed QB runs will be a bigger part of the offense next year.

Reaction Score

A completely new offensive scheme will be hard to pick up right away, but having a running QB will keep the other team honest, hopefully.

I hope BS is willing to take the clip board and be number 2. His experience will be very valuable and he'll only be one play away. Like having another coach.

Let's see if he "takes one for the team".

Reaction Score
A completely new offensive scheme will be hard to pick up right away, but having a running QB will keep the other team honest, hopefully.

I hope BS is willing to take the clip board and be number 2. His experience will be very valuable and he'll only be one play away. Like having another coach.

Let's see if he "takes one for the team".
He has done that already too many times. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
A bit undersized at 6-1, 185.

We beat Temple and Coastal Carolina.

Pindell was 157 of 257 (63.6 percent) for 2,424 yards, 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
He also rushed for 459 yards and eight touchdowns on 94 carries, averaging 41.7 yards a game and 4.9 yards per rush.
UH Greg Ward - 5'11" 190
TU PJ Walker - 6'1" 195
UCF Mackenzie Milton - 5'11" 170
Tulsa Dane Evans - 6'1" 210

And a former UConn commit
TU Logan Marchi - 6'0" 190

I won't bother listing the Navy QB's.

He's not big, but there is a place for athletic guys to play QB in this conference and be VERY successful.

Reaction Score
Sure poor Chandler Whitmer ...

David Pindell has Lashlee and JB Grimes; maybe he does have a better hand.

Reaction Score
Wonder if this will affect Sherriffs decision at all.

Either way, huge get. We need QBs desperately.

Can't worry about Sheriff, Edsel's job is to out recruit the guys we have. No one should be complacent about their role on the team.

Reaction Score
UH Greg Ward - 5'11" 190
TU PJ Walker - 6'1" 195
UCF Mackenzie Milton - 5'11" 170
Tulsa Dane Evans - 6'1" 210

And a former UConn commit
TU Logan Marchi - 6'0" 190

I won't bother listing the Navy QB's.

He's not big, but there is a place for athletic guys to play QB in this conference and be VERY successful.

What people don't realize is that if these guys were 6'3 or 6'4 they'd be at UT, OSU, USC, etc. you're not going to get the complete package unless you're a big program. Undersized should not be a concern for a program like ours.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Dual threat. This is what we need.

Reaction Score
We are not going to see our offense line up with 3 tight ends in tight formations trying to run the ball as often so the offensive lineman will have a better chance to succeed and our QB's should have more room to run. That and a quicker playing offense with more of a short passing game will help them as well. Diacos staff had no clue last year and Diaco had no answers to offer himself so things imploded. Welcome Dave Pindell! Bringing some fun back to Husky football.

Reaction Score
We are not going to see our offense line up with 3 tight ends in tight formations trying to run the ball as often so the offensive lineman will have a better chance to succeed and our QB's should have more room to run. That and a quicker playing offense with more of a short passing game will help them as well. Diacos staff had no clue last year and Diaco had no answers to offer himself so things imploded. Welcome Dave Pindell! Bringing some fun back to Husky football.
Lashlee's offense is not the short passing game...it's big on misdirection and cross traps taken from Tubby Raymond's Wing-T added with the QB doing a lot of read option and heavy on the run. The passing game is designed to take shots vertically down the field when the D stacks the box to stop the run.

Reaction Score
Great get, love the film and the quick release and decision making. That said I see no reason why Shirreffs can't still win the job. It's Great to have quality depth at QB again and hopefully Williams gets his redshirt back.

Let the competition begin.

Reaction Score
What people don't realize is that if these guys were 6'3 or 6'4 they'd be at UT, OSU, USC, etc. you're not going to get the complete package unless you're a big program. Undersized should not be a concern for a program like ours.

This x 1000...^^^^^^

The fatal flaw of Diaco's recruiting strategy was the "I like big guys"school of thought and focusing on recruiting size. UConn can't out recruit OSU and Bama who also "like big guys" only their big guys are both big and athletic. Instead, UConn needs to find the smaller athletes with heart who can outperform the big guys. To use a UConn basketball analogy we need a Khalid El Amin, all talent and heart but in an undersized package .

Diaco thought he was still recruiting like he was at ND whereas Randy knows the type of player which can win at UConn. Just another example that Edsall understands UConn football and can bring it back.

December to February..only 2 months but there is finally optimism surrounding this program.

Reaction Score
Lashlee's offense is not the short passing game...it's big on misdirection and cross traps taken from Tubby Raymond's Wing-T added with the QB doing a lot of read option and heavy on the run. The passing game is designed to take shots vertically down the field when the D stacks the box to stop the run.

I don't say this to pick a fight, but do we really know exactly how lashlee os going to run the offense? I don't expect him to drastically change, but didn't he say he wanted the chance to do his own thing?

We had a recruit say the coaches told him they were going to lean toward passing. We won't see the air raid offense, but we may not see exactly what they did at Auburn.

Reaction Score
That is all we had. But I found it convincing enough.

What is the toll of the back to back regimes of PP and BD...??????? :confused: Where as... it has affected many. Where as...many no longer care.
It has reduced the house attorney to accepting circumstantial evidence. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul