2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
allie-laforce-photobombed-by-uconn-mascot.gif

Reaction Score
So we're up to 20. Does anyone have a current count for how many open scholarships we have before we need to worry about attrition?

Reaction Score
2 spots left

I think if they had 25 they wanted in this class they would sign 25. Some players will not like the new staff, or see that they're not good fits for the system, and will leave after spring practice. We have a bunch of players with scholarships recruited originally as walk-ons, and those schollies don't have to be renewed for last fall. And it's 19, not 20, as the kid from Darien is non-schollie.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think if they had 25 they wanted in this class they would sign 25. Some players will not like the new staff, or see that they're not good fits for the system, and will leave after spring practice. We have a bunch of players with scholarships recruited originally as walk-ons, and those schollies don't have to be renewed for last fall. And it's 19, not 20, as the kid from Darien is non-schollie.

I never realized the PWO who win scholarships can be pulled back the following year.

Southpaw, can you post that roster spreadsheet again?

Reaction Score

Is he the only PWO we have? I'm a little surprised we haven't heard from more CT kids walking on

Reaction Score
Is he the only PWO we have? I'm a little surprised we haven't heard from more CT kids walking on

Few more tomorrow I bet... Keating was under previous staff.

Reaction Score

PWOs don't sign tomorrow anyway. NOrmally, at least under Edsall 1.0, we didn't hear about these until after signing day.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure that we will be in another conference soon. That will only add to the value of UCONN Football.

Reaction Score
So we're up to 20. Does anyone have a current count for how many open scholarships we have before we need to worry about attrition?
19 as one is a PWO I believe all scholarships are for 1 year. renewable at the option of the coach

Reaction Score
Maybe but that was just a retweet of a UConn fan tweet @ him.

He'd be a HUGE commit... that'd be 2 solid and much needed DT commits ... He and Caleb Thomas both look like they could get into the rotation early....

Reaction Score
I did last night after seeing this:

Marvin Washington ‏@_Marvv10 23h 23 hours ago
I really wanna go to school with my brother man @MIAMIJCG26
oh wow... Green is currently a Tenn State commit.. IMO he should be a FBS commit though.. That tape speaks volumes... would love to see that kind of passion on our D if a WR came over the middle and caught a Steve Atwater lick from him...
With that said.. I like our chances... a lot... and yeah, I know we have quite a few DB commits already, but, like any other Edsall class that we've all been used to seeing year in and year out, wouldn't be surprised if one of the bunch has a change of heart on signing day and commits elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom