2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 84 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Edsall said coming in he would not use his schollies just to use them -- that if we had a somewhat smaller roster so be it -- and he wouldn't offer kids just to fill slots. I think it's highly unlikely that he tries to grab a TB out of this air.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Edsall said coming in he would not use his schollies just to use them -- that if we had a somewhat smaller roster so be it -- and he wouldn't offer kids just to fill slots. I think it's highly unlikely that he tries to grab a TB out of this air.
Yeah well, I would bring in Kevin Mensah. We can live with our current stable of 5 rbs (Newsome, Williams, Hopkins, Vickers, Thompson), but waiting until next year puts more pressure on next year.

And if we don't bring in any others today, then I am hopeful the staff is working on some transfer magic for the O and D lines....maybe even an RB.

Reaction Score
So as far as I understand it, there are five outstanding scholarship offers for kids who haven't picked us or anybody else?

Reaction Score
Based on Edsall and Lashlee's last tweets, we are done for the day. Onto 2018 commits or possible transfers.
That's how I took it DB's last tweet would also seem to support that theory.

Reaction Score
Just for reference, this is our highest rated class since 2013. BD never cracked the top 100 and this is also the highest we've been ranked in the American since PP

In 2014 we were ranked 110 in the country and 11th in the AAC
In 2015 we were ranked 100 in the country and 10th in the AAC
In 2016 we were ranked 103 in the country and 12th in the AAC
Before RE 2.0 took over we were ranked 122 in the country and 12th in the AAC.

As of now we stand at 98th in the country and 9th in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Based on Edsall and Lashlee's last tweets, we are done for the day. Onto 2018 commits or possible transfers.

We all know that in v1.0, HCRE did not like taking transfers, and rarely would anywhere but QB. This year, as we rebuild from the last 6, I still hope after spring ball we are looking hard at grad transfers and regular transfers who either played for Edsall/Lashlee or were recruited by them. If we have good QB play next year in the new system, we are not many pieces away from being able to have a good season.

Reaction Score
In 2014 we were ranked 110 in the country and 11th in the AAC
In 2015 we were ranked 100 in the country and 10th in the AAC
In 2016 we were ranked 103 in the country and 12th in the AAC
Before RE 2.0 took over we were ranked 122 in the country and 12th in the AAC.

As of now we stand at 98th in the country and 9th in the AAC.

but did we get the RKGs :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So he accepted as a gray shirt. Meaning he won't be a scholarship player for the 2017 season, unless he pays tuition and walks on.

Very unfortunate for us. Hopefully, it works out for him.
So basically..FSU's "offer" didn't really change, no scholly, he just decided to walk on, pay his own way and hope he gets offered a scholly later. Not very much definite there for him except that as a Florida resident, attending a state school, his total cost will be greatly subsidized by the state. Now he just needs to climb the depth chart to get some PT. Whew! Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
So basically..FSU's "offer" didn't really change, no scholly, he just decided to walk on, pay his own way and hope he gets offered a scholly later. Not very much definite there for him except that as a Florida resident, attending a state school, his total cost will be greatly subsidized by the state. Now he just needs to climb the depth chart to get some PT. Whew! Good luck to him.

I think FL residents can go to school basically for free at some in state schools. Obviously if that is the case it makes all the difference in the world in his decision - but still crazy how Florida State didn't even really want him and he somehow is feeling good about this. SMH!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think FL residents can go to school basically for free at some in state schools. Obviously if that is the case it makes all the difference in the world in his decision - but still crazy how Florida State didn't even really want him and he somehow is feeling good about this. SMH!!!

Its a long time between now and August...maybe he will change his mind.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So Florida State's top recruit is a RB, Cam Akers who happens to be the #2 overall recruit in the country, not to mention the depth they have on their roster. Not sure how Sheffield ever figures in.
View attachment 19323

He's got all spring to think about those 8 kids ahead of him including three 5star kids...wow. Btw, FSU will continue to recruit more 5 star RBs, so its not like this picture will clear up in the years ahead.

Reaction Score
So Florida State's top recruit is a RB, Cam Akers who happens to be the #2 overall recruit in the country, not to mention the depth they have on their roster. Not sure how Sheffield ever figures in.
View attachment 19323

View attachment 19322
Get over it the kid made his choice it doesn't have to make sense to you, his heart was set on FSU. Even if he came here you don't want a kid who is not 100% settled and committed to your program.

Reaction Score
Get over it the kid made his choice it doesn't have to make sense to you, his heart was set on FSU. Even if he came here you don't want a kid who is not 100% settled and committed to your program.

I'm over it, just matter of factly sharing the questionable of his decision. I wish him all the best.

Reaction Score
He's got all spring to think about those 8 kids ahead of him including three 5star kids...wow. Btw, FSU will continue to recruit more 5 star RBs, so its not like this picture will clear up in the years ahead.

The deck is stacked.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I will never understand the phrase, "I hope I'm wrong."

Reaction Score
OK.....so now the post of the article title (which I thought I was being instructed to do) has also been deleted.

Wish I could pass on the information to you guys....but apparently I'm not going to be allowed to....

Maybe someone can find the article and post it using the correct methodology......

Reaction Score
And, FSU already has 2 RBs committed for 2018.
It makes no sense as far as that stuff is concerned...lol He's obviously living out his dream and probably convinced himself that he can beat these other guys out. If he can...good for him. Otherwise, we may see his name on the transfer-out list in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom